[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 567 KB, 1200x799, 1583752936326.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25954786 No.25954786 [Reply] [Original]

I am 25 years old and managed to save up $80,000 in 2020. I live in the Bay Area, California and make about $60k/yr after taxes. I wanted to move out of my parents house, because I feel like I've lived here for so long and need something new in my life and want to take on more responsibilities.

I see that interest rates are really low right now on loans, and I can also use a VA loan for my down payment for a condo somewhere.

I also have seen a YouTube video about how my first property should be a rental investment property and not my own home if I want to be financially successful. How true is this? Should I just keep saving money, make a down payment on a condominium, then rent it out before I save more money and buy another one as my own home?

I am single so I am financially independent, and a lot of income that I make is from the stock market. I know I am young, but I really want to leave my parents house, I can at most wait another year but I really want to start my own independent life, but at the same time I don't want to be living paycheck to paycheck-- I want some type of investment plan that will help me be financially successful.

Also is now a good time to purchase property ? Or will prices of housing drop soon?