[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1021 KB, 320x215, hunt.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25737648 No.25737648 [Reply] [Original]

Would just holding BTC and not giving a fuck about any of this been the better plan all along?

I took note of crypto in the summer of 2017 due to the Ethereum promise.
BTC is about 10x since then.
Meanwhile, the smartest move would have been something like to ride one of the 10x ICO waves in 2017 and then just move it to BTC and wait, turning 10k to a million.
But instead I got into a sequence of smaller technically interesting projects, learned ECC and coded up sha and all those things. There were high high's and low lows. I cashed out my initial money in the middle, simply because I lost interest. Now I'm still up 3x overall, but that's somehow feels like a joke. Even ETH is only up 6x since them.

One always has those feelings of
>If I would have went IOTA to ETH to NEO to Rai to BTC to LINK then I'd be up literally a billion x
but of course this is somehow a useless thought because probably nobody took those sequences.

How not to have those lines of thought?
And what to learn from it all?

>> No.25737791

If you took those lines you would not be very risk averse because it includes some serious shitcoins. This also means you would see more shitcoins that look like they have potential but instead you end up being dumped on, wiping out profits or even your entire position if you go all-in every time. Then going from blue chips like eth and btc to absolute reddit scams like xrb or IOTA and then parking it all in an unproven /biz/ scam for 3 years? Yeah, there's not a single person on earth that would have a line of thought like that. It's just an unrealistic trade history and doesn't help you in any way to think about crypto like that.

>> No.25738556

>>25737791
I guess I know but I'm not sure if it helps