[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.34 MB, 950x774, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2570657 No.2570657 [Reply] [Original]

>Be newfag that lurks /biz/ from time to time
>Noticed people heavily shilling Antshares
>Threw in $150 and sold at over 4x profit
>Slowly losing gains over trades realizing I have no idea what I'm doing.
Anybody else been in this position before?

If so, what single lesson or piece of advice has made the greatest impact to your gains?

>> No.2570680

>>2570657
Newbie here too, I'm still finding my way, I found that the best gains I've got (I've only been in for 2 weeks missed out on the last 3 months where you couldn't of fucked up) was when I bought gnt, o did that because I understood the product/vision and it's real world application

>> No.2570710

Also, I made a discord for anyone interested in learning as a group
https://discord.gg/x3eNmA

>> No.2570717

>>2570657
Do a little research, find coins that solve real-world problems and have legit teams, buy and hold.

The one coin I did this with has more than made up for my dumb-ass losses due to chasing whatever is being hyped on /biz/.

>> No.2570720

I lost £500 on Eth so now I've put the remainder in BTC and how it goes up soon to sell and recoup a bit of the loss.

Otherwise I'll just buy lots of drugs with it

>> No.2570846

>>2570717
That's fair. Have you found day-trading effective at all, or do you just buy at a floor and hold until something happens?

>> No.2570929

>>2570846
I'm sure day-trading can be profitable if you know what you're doing. I'm still learning, but am at a point where I'm going to put 10% of my portfolio into doing that and see what happens.

Otherwise, 75% of my portfolio is in a single coin that I believe has a lot of potential. It's not mentioned often on /biz/, and when it does come up, those threads tend to drift off without further comment (which is a good thing). I got in 10 days ago and am already up 40% on it. Not so much compared to your typical pumped up 400% in a day shitcoin, but if you extrapolate over a year or two, I feel pretty good about it.