[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 83 KB, 896x994, 2mojly.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25569317 No.25569317 [Reply] [Original]

ethereum seems better than bitcoin at everything why is it in second place

>> No.25569372

>>25569317
btc is older

>> No.25569376
File: 33 KB, 570x692, il_570xN.1802355732_pq8b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

buy one of these, post picture with timestamp, get answer

>> No.25569397

>>25569317
it's not better at being just bitcoin.

>> No.25569408

btc will eventually fall out of first, it could be in 10 years but even the transaction confirmation speed is terrible and not suitable for real world usage on a large scale

>> No.25569490
File: 191 KB, 1074x2803, IMG_8080.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25569317
Nothing makes sense. 0xBitcoin is ranked 1000+. It should honesty be in the top 10.

>> No.25569832

>>25569317
Crypto is still largely speculative with most currencies not being used for their intended purposes. ETH will only surpass BTC when people are ready to use it for actual contracts instead of as a gambling tool.
Tbh I will say that I am dumbfounded that 4chan isn't bruteforcing a price increase by pumping out vanity projects that utilize ETH, LINK, etc. could VERY easily make plugins for online gaming, GET threads, make 4chan gold a real thing, pay people to shitpost and fuck with the jannies on contract, pay for tits and dicks on /soc/, plugins for homework threads on /sci/ and /g/, could turn /r/ into a bounty board, the possibilities are endless. ETH would probably 10x overnight if even one of those ideas became commonplace on this mediocre Laotian toilet scrubber chatroom.

>> No.25570052

>>25569317
Ethereum is a scamcoin with shitty code and infinite supply.

>> No.25570096

>>25569490
Just w8 few years mate

>> No.25570179

>>25569317
Bitcoin is the biggest just because it was the first that got popular. That's it. Also the satoshi mistery. He or them did the coin and fucked off. No one to respond to people. Fits the decentralised thing perfectly

>> No.25570351

Because when institutions want to store billions of dollars they dont want to do it on a centralized, always breaking/upgrading/forking shitcoin.

>> No.25570410

Bitcoin is digital gold.

Etherium is publicly available transaction log. Turns out, most companies don't want to expose their transactions to the whole world and use Hyperledger instead. So the use-case of this is limited. Within the limited use-case, Etherium is asking for too much money per transaction, thus being even more useless and bound to be replaced by a competitor.

Meanwhile, bitcoin is still digital gold, nothing more, nothing less

>> No.25570426

>>25570351
ETH is pure spaghetti code. ETH was without a doubt a great idea; I will not deny that at all. However, most people in crypto don't have the comprehension or knowledge to be able and look at the code-base and identify flaws that could be catastrophic, both in terms of economic, security, and overall functioning in cost signals.

Vitalik is smart. However, he's the most retarded smart person in all of crypto. He's a fucking child who doesn't own up to his inability to produce a creation and has longevity. Him and his cronies wrote shitty-ass code. It can't scale. The only way it can scale is constant upgrades each time they feel things are getting congested. This is where the problem lies. It is impossible for ETH to implement a scaling solution to where it doesn't need upgrades anymore. For ETH to work, it will need constant upgrades of ETH 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, so on and so forth for an indefinite amount of time - just kicking the can down the road. Off-chain scaling won't work either because ETH's security is already shit on a stick. Making something more complicated that is already a piece of shit is 100% pointless. People can never steadily develop something on ETH because with each 'scaling upgrade', those who are creating on ETH will have to pivot each time to ensure their product is compatible to work on ETH. To sum it up, each time ETH decides to upgrade to scale, it just gets worse.

For ETH to work to the level needed, the amount of ETH in ever single wallet needs to be known after each transaction. Since ETH cannot implement SPV, it's impossible for ETH to scale because it does not have the capabilities to know the exact amount of ETH in every single ETH wallet after each transaction at a massive scale.

The only way to permanently fix ETH would be to roll back the chain to the beginning almost. Vitalik is just your average Russian retard who can't produce anything of value

>> No.25570568

>>25569490
BSV isa stable 160usd token and should be worth more than all the shitcoin combined.

>> No.25570754

>>25569317
FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES FEES

>> No.25570790

>>25569317
Now that wrapped btc is a thing, the flippening is cancelled. Any advantage the eth ecosystem had over btc, wbtc solves.

BTC is just older, more recognition, big money already going in. It might not make sense in the same way that we settled for gold just because its shiny and heavy.

Sure you still need etc for gas and contracts, but the true storage of value lies within btc.

>> No.25570867
File: 568 KB, 1417x1076, Siege of Sidney Street, London.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25569832
how do i code one of these projects
should i bother learning solidity
i graduated from cs and only got cuck job offers so im daytrading with mediocre returns instead
extremely bored these days

>> No.25570900

>>25570410
I find it difficult to place any value on the words of a tard that can't spell ethereum

>> No.25571023

>>25570426
source?

>> No.25571029

>>25570410
This is very funny and I laugh at the unquestioning vapidity of people who say "smart contract" and just let other people fill in the details as to what that should mean and what the value should be. The mistake here is that "smart" is a misnomer. A contract, as we have known them for many hundreds of years, is already smart because it can often require the work of a solicitor or barrister to argue for or against the individual clauses of a contract; contract wording requires interpretation and that can require some of the highest order thinking. It is therefore smart.

A contract on Ethereum, then, isn't smart. It is a dumb contract. It is dumb in the sense that it executes itself, whether it has been audited and validated or not. And for that reason, you get fraud, after hack, after loss, after gimmick, after scam and essentially fuck all in-between.

And for what reason would anybody need to run computer programs in a decentralised way? What the fuck is the point? I can understand a currency being decentralised; that is completely intuitive and innovative, but running programs is useless as it is so insanely inefficient. Anything you could run on Ethereum you can run on AWS and it will be cheaper, faster and more secure, therefore resolving the trilema of and revealing Ethereum to be completely and I mean COMPLETELY redundant. Just because something can work doesn't mean it has value, much like a kettle connected to a dynamo on an exercise bike would work. Ethereum is a fucking joke.

>> No.25571193

>>25571029
Based

>> No.25571281

define better. for my money i'd take indestructible over money with more "features". I think ETH has potential for other financial instruments. but btc is the money

>> No.25571446

>>25569408
square, paypal, coinbase; soon visa, mastercard, your local bank. all will be building on top of bitcoin for the microtransaction layer. every single tx does not need to be broadcasted on the blockchain. a centralized server is a million times faster than any "decentralized" (ETH lol) blockchain. bitcoin is the base settlement layer. few..

>> No.25571575

ETH will flip BTC this year

>> No.25571613

>>25569317
It’ll be first place if scaling is solved, either by L1 or 2

>> No.25571623

>>25571281
Infinite demand > finite supply

>> No.25571648

>>25571029
>>25570426
Based