[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 480x360, greg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25079493 No.25079493 [Reply] [Original]

IT CAN'T FUCKING SCALE. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS?!?!

BTC is pure spaghetti code. BTC was without a doubt a great idea; I will not deny that at all. However, most people in crypto don't have the comprehension or knowledge to be able and look at the code-base and identify flaws that could be catastrophic, both in terms of economic, security, and overall functioning in cost signals.

Greg is smart. However, he's the most retarded smart person in all of crypto. He's a fucking boomer who doesn't own up to his inability to produce a creation and has longevity. Him and his banker funded blockstream cronies wrote shitty-ass code. It can't scale. The only way it could scale is increasing the block size. This is where the problem lies. It is impossible for BTC to implement a working scaling solution which doesn't need bigger blocks. Off-chain scaling won't work because each channel opening or settlement needs an on-chain transaction. Also making something more complicated that is already a piece of shit is 100% pointless. People can never steadily develop something on BTC because there is no extra room for them within the 1MB, those who are creating on BTC will have to turn to altcoins each time to ensure their product can be used. To sum it up, each year BTC decides to not scale, it just gets worse.

The only way to permanently fix BTC would be to roll back the chain to the beginning almost. Greg is just your average boomer retard who can't produce anything of value.

>> No.25079597

>>25079493
It doesn't have to scale. Once one BTC > $1,000,000 USD, only large and infrequent transactions will happen on chain. Bitcoin is a store of wealth, not for buying coffee or god forbid, pizza with.

>> No.25079613

>>25079597
Store of peepeepoopoo if you ask me

>> No.25079631

>>25079493
Nano scales and it's useless.

>> No.25079673

>>25079613
OK Boomer.

>> No.25079695

>>25079631
OneCoin scaled. It was a SQL Server database, kind of like Ripple. But still - it scaled.

>> No.25079712

>>25079597
Except that's not how economics works, bad money always beats good money and at the point where bit coin scales to such a retarded value the lack of recognition of it as a legitimate currency in comparison to cheaper and more superfluous altcoins will cause it to have no actual liquidity. BTC is retarded, ETH only less so, and fiat gang always rules supreme

>> No.25079761

>>25079712
Bitcoin is digital gold. People don't spend gold. They convert it into something else. Bitcoin is scarce, secure, and conservative when it comes to code changes - that's enough.

>> No.25079899
File: 58 KB, 1114x887, bssa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25079493
Ginger needs to get a real coin that's from a product that really works. AKA DDX www.derivadex.com

>> No.25080298

>>25079761
Most gold is sold as jewelry. Bullion and coins isn’t even 20 % of all gold above ground. There are also industrial uses such as in computers. Bitcoin meanwhile is really only useless 1s and 0s. Tell me one time in my life when I will need Bitcoin? Heterosexual people at the very least need gold for marriage, anniversaries and such, smartphones, computers need gold, and there are other applications as well, that need gold, but I can’t think of a real life use of Bitcoin.

>> No.25080378

>>25080298
Escaping the effects of inflation from central bank money printing is one. Portability is another. I can't transport large amounts of capital outside the US without huge regulatory hassles. With Bitcoin and other crypto, that's not an issue. My funds are available to me 24/7, anywhere in the world.

>> No.25080439

>>25079597

Retard alert

>> No.25080482

>>25080439
You know what's really retarded? Ad hominem. You might as well wear a sign.

>> No.25080497

>>25080378
Try changing that bitcion into money at a bar somewhere in... panama? BTC is truly a bubble that will burst soon, it actually has no value, and if it DID, it would long be gone as a threat to the US (think gaddafi, or assad, or anyone who threatens mildkly the nwo)

>> No.25080513

>>25079597
t. the biggest psyop/brainwashing in all of crypto. fuck you

>> No.25080568

>>25080378
if Bitcoin's price becomes astronomical and miners are living off fees instead of block rewards, portability becomes untenable. literally the best use case for BTC--being able to transfer it digitally--will meaningfully cease at some point

>> No.25080719

>>25080497
I wouldn't need to change Bitcoin into money at a bar. I could just set up a local bank account and transfer local currency from an exchange.
Or: https://coinatmradar.com/city/277/bitcoin-atm-panama/

>> No.25080742

>>25080568
They still get block rewards until 2140. The rewards get smaller, but as the price of Bitcoin rises, that balances out.

>> No.25080762

>>25080378
If we talk about a normal couple then they will marry and buy a small house and put most of their savings in that house and the house will work just fine as an inflation hedge. They won’t have lots of cash in the bank, their savings will mostly be spent on their mortgage. Inflation won’t be a concern in that sense to the commoner. He/she will never have a need for Bitcoin as he/she will never have so much money in the bank that he/she needs to worry about inflation. Physical gold is almost 80 % jewelry. The investment side is only 20 %. I can’t think of a moment in a normal persons life when he/she will need Bitcoin, and so what you are suggesting is ultimately that we should apply value to something that has no value, it has no utility, no need, in real life, but we should value it because?

>> No.25080764

Doesnt have to scale

>> No.25080773

>>25080742
bitcoin could go sideways in price till 2140
unless you think people will pay >100% of what they're transferring as a fee

>> No.25080787

>>25080762
because we do the same with gold

>> No.25080827

>>25080742
the block rewards become less than 1 BTC in 2032 kek. good luck

>> No.25080903

>>25080742
have you considered that now u can do the same ease of transfering money via something like ETH, or LINK? what actual function does BTC have now that another crypto doesnt have? IT ITSELF isnt going to be prone to inflation, but the function that it provides is under immense inflation, until others do it better, faster, cheaper, etc. Then it dies.

This "muh itll hit 500k" is a psyop to pump it to 50k, dump it, then regulate the fuck out of it after milking it to the max. That's when the whales look for another ponzi scheme (anyone who actually BELIEVES in crypto is delusional), which we are all so fond of, and want to be in on early.

>> No.25080982

>>25080787
The argument that value applied to a commodity is subjective doesn’t mean you can apply value to anything. In that case anyone could sell anything for any price. Fundamentally gold has a value because we say so, but the demand side is not investors who want to protect themselves against inflation, that is an extremely small portion of the demand side of gold, almost all gold above ground is either jewelry or sit in the vaults of the central banks, so the price isn’t decided by investors wanting to hedge themselves against inflation. This is also not something normal people would need to worry about, in western society 2/3 or so own their home, and so they already effectively sit on a very good inflation hedge. I can’t think of any moment when normal people would need Bitcoin, and so the question is why investors should. Typically you make money by adding value somehow to the economy, such as gold being used in Jewelry, for which there is a great demand, but Bitcoin seems to be purely a speculative asset without any true utility to normal households.

>> No.25081037

codes spaghetti
hands weak, bags are heavy
mempools clogged already

>> No.25081069
File: 1.86 MB, 3344x3560, max adoption.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.25081247

>>25080982
>doesn’t mean you can apply value to anything
it does
>anyone could sell anything for any price
what is a market
>almost all gold above ground is either jewelry or sit in the vaults of the central banks
one of these is not like the other
>not something normal people would need
just like gold
> I can’t think of any moment when normal people would need Bitcoin
same with gold or pure gold if you say phones use gold
>Typically you make money by adding value somehow to the economy
i can't tell a better joke than that

>> No.25081295
File: 84 KB, 577x432, Avalanche Dev.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Best place for crypto Avalanche

>> No.25081592

>>25079493
what is lightingn network

>> No.25081630

>>25081247
>it does
Well if you can apply value to anything what’s the value of a grain of sand and who will buy your grain for that pricre? It is true that we decide the price partly on a subjective basis, for instance, at some point we decided gold is very valuable, but that doesn’t mean we can say Bitcoin is valuable, ”just because”. It doesn’t work that way.
>what is a market
The market is where buyers and sellers meet, however there will not always be a buyer, and there will not always be a seller, for a given price.
>one of these is not like the other
The central banks hold gold because of the old gold standard. It is a legacy more of less, they do not hold gold for speculative reasons.
>same with gold or pure gold if you say phones use gold
It is not the same with gold. Like I just explained, normal people buy gold as part of a normal life. This is not the case with bitcoin. While 80 % of the gold market is made up of jewelry, 100 % of the bitcoin is made up of hopes of future returns. Gold is used to add value to products such as jewelry and computers, bitcoin is simply 1s and 0s without any other value than the hopes and dreams of speculators, it can sadly, only end in one way.
>i can't tell a better joke than that
I was speaking in more general terms, I meant that if a commodity increase in value over time it is because it is adding wealth to the economy, I am aware that you can make silly money in zero sum games such as Bitcoin. However no real wealth is ever created, just transfered from the greater fool to the slightly lesser one.

>> No.25081702

>>25079493
if you hate it so much, why are you talking about it so much?

seems like someone needs to get off BTC and onto SFX

>> No.25081757

>>25081630
> It is true that we decide the price partly on a subjective basis
>It doesn’t work that way.
> It is a legacy more of less
you're not even trying with these ones

>normal people buy gold as part of a normal life
you said use
neither people buy gold nor use gold in their normal lives
see your own answers above

>if a commodity increase in value over time it is because it is adding wealth to the economy
what is wall street
what is speculation
what is the economy
what is the world

>However no real wealth is ever created
the inflation magic

>> No.25082103

>>25081757
>you're not even trying with these ones
I believe I have more than tried? I can explain how the world I can’t make you understand how the world works.
>you said use
neither people buy gold nor use gold in their normal lives
see your own answers above
I have said that people use and buy gold as part of a normal life, why are you acting this way? I have said that I can think of many instances when people buy/use gold in their lives but none for Bitcoin, is this the best response you can muster?
>what is wall street
>what is speculation
>what is the economy
>what is the world
That’s deep, are you 17 years old? I feel as though I am speaking with a teen.
>the inflation magic
Once again why would a normal household worry about inflation? Their house is more tahn sufficient hedge against inflation, and they don’t sit on large sums of cash, so no need for Bitcoin, or gold for that matter. From a inflation point of view you might as well buy stocks, at least stocks pay dividends.

>> No.25082568

>>25079761
This is the correct answer.
/Thread

>> No.25082748

>>25082568
Gold have real world use, bitcoin does not, so no, that is not the correct answer.

>> No.25082971

>>25082748
we can explain it to you, but can't make you understand.