[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 144 KB, 1200x938, C_DuR8wW0AAxiqW.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
24755774 No.24755774 [Reply] [Original]

>housing prices increase 10 percent every year

How long can this shit fucking last?

>> No.24755796

>>24755774
Shit bro mine went up like 10% the first year after I bought it. Fuck rentcucks

>> No.24755821

>>24755774
like I care, I made 35k just from owning my house last year, I basically get paid to live in my house lmao imagine being a renter.

>> No.24755825

>>24755774
Boomers dying and leaving their assets to genx(even more retarded spoiled and oblivious)

Millenials wont get a break until the great reset increases their net worth from -100k in loans to 0

>> No.24755829

>>24755774
Indefinitly. Outside of North America house prices are 10-30x income, which would be anywhere from 680k-2m

>> No.24755837

>>24755774
Are there more people on the planet?
Is desirable land becoming less available?
Are wages going up?

The only thing that will cause a housing crash is a full economic collapse, which would mean bigger problems than house prices plummeting and you wouldn’t be able to afford a house in that scenario anyway. You want a house? Buy one. Otherwise buy one for more later. The 2008 crash — which will NEVER repeat — set back steady housing growth that has been occurring for well over a hundred years. It’s just playing catch up now, and the more the fed prints money the higher prices will go. If your salary isn’t keeping up with inflation, which after coronavirus trust me it isn’t, housing is going to get harder and harder for you to afford.

>> No.24755861

>>24755774
Right now everyone in the Blue Zone shithole cities is feeling for the suburbs and countryside.
All those empty apartments in the city will go to the millions of illegal aliens who are about to flood the country when the Pedocrats open the border.
Interests rate near zero for years to come.
Sorry if you didn't buy a house 5 years ago, I suggest you get a high paying job so you can afford one.

>> No.24755889

>>24755774
It will end soon, boomers will sell their houses and move to retirement homes or gated communities. But there is still one big boom before that happens and the bubble pops.
>>24755821
You make nothing untill you sell and you need a buyer for that. I can just send some niggers to chill infront of your house to drop the price by 50k.

>> No.24755943

>>24755889
nice larp there, but I live in a gated community, not gonna happen, this is actually my second house, my first house sold for 70k more than I bought it for, taking into account property taxes and maintenance for the 4 years I owned it and even with all the costs I made 30k off it. Literally being paid to live in my house while renters whine about rent hikes, it's hilarious.

>> No.24755978

>>24755774
Usually until the area's monetary system and political infrastructure responsible for defense collapses. In Rome that took centuries, but nowadays imperial collapse is more on the order of a couple decades.

Faster if you're on the imperial periphery.

>> No.24755996

>>24755774
Is this global or a US thing?
In Germany it's definitely gotten harder to find a rentable space, let alone purchasable estate. They're all keeping it to themselves and between themselves

>> No.24756012

>>24755943
>but I live in a gated community
Oh sweetie, you don't really think that explicit racism is going to be legal in 10 years, do you?

>> No.24756023

>>24755996
>They're all keeping it to themselves and between themselves
or it could be the millions of refugees your government is forcing people to rent to, housing shortages make sense when there's a huge influx of people like that

>> No.24756063

>>24756023
this. why is it that sven's never see what's right under their (((nose)))?

>> No.24756088
File: 35 KB, 594x565, 1603362143524.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.24756100

>>24755774
>Yfw housing prices aren't factored into inflation because (((reasons)))

The housing industry is the perfect example of boomers climbing the ladder then kicking it out for everyone else. They think they're entitled to 1000% gains on their properties that they had a way easier time getting than we ever will.

>> No.24756131

>>24756023
The refugees usually live in renting bloks that are owned by the politicans or theire families. Some of them are just some wood sheds that look like concentration camps or refitted shipping containers. Refugees here live like cattle.

>> No.24756139

>>24755889
Boomers aren't gonna sell their houses to broke zoomer losers.
Me and my brother will get my parents $700k house.
For some reason all these video game-playing 20 year olds think they will be buying them all up for $65k each at estate sales.

>> No.24756183

>>24755996
The US is comparativelty well off. Housing prices are almost double in Canada despite the fact that we are probably the most land abundant country in the world.

It seems like it's a combination of a few things here.

>bureaucratic regulation preventing new lands from being developed
>Foreign investors for china and the arab states buying up all the housing in a country with a tiny population and supply
>Constant massive influxes of migrants cause rentals to always be in extreme demand so that investors can always rent their apartment to the cattle profitably
>0% interest rates so that domestic money is also snapping up housing as an investment because there isn't anything else for boomers to invest in
>Massive immigration keeps wages suppressed so that they don't keep up with inflation

The results are really boiling up to a disaster. Young people spend most of their income on rent and many live with their parents. What's also bad is we are bringing in all this migrant cattle to feed our obsession with wage suppression and rent seeking and these migrants will never be able to own a home unless they were already wealthy before coming here. Atleast zoomers will inherit wealth but Achmeds and Ngubus will stay poor rent cattle forever and our current government propoganda is teaching them that it's because whites are racist and not because the government brought them here for this express purpose.

>> No.24756199

Heh don't look into it, you're gonna black pill.

>> No.24756203

>>24756139
>For some reason all these video game-playing 20 year olds think they will be buying them all up for $65k each at estate sales.
People seriously think that?

>> No.24756210

>>24755796
i inherited a house and never paid a fucking cent for it it already doubled in price.
fucking buycucks... kek.

>> No.24756230

Even with coronavirus housing prices are still rising steadily. I predict they will keep rising for at least another decade, if not longer, because of the increasing world population and finite amount of land/houses.

>> No.24756231

Bullish for real estate: interest rates super low and dropping, could go negative. Inflation. Growing population. Home prices still "affordable" in most areas. We could go the route of 0 down loans, interest only loans, 40 year terms etc. Foreign investment in real estate could open up more, a la Canada. Trump administration created some rules about verifying source of funds of foreign investors which put the brakes on some RE markets especially Miami since wealthy S American drug lords couldn't purchase anymore- with Trump out of the way that will likely reverse.

Bearish: Millenials are more interested in living in a pod than in a house and they don't make any money anyway. Boomers are dying or moving into retirement homes and I'm not so sure there are enough people with money to buy all their properties at current prices. Leftist policies will relocate ghettos dwellers and refugees to nice white neighborhoods. Higher tax rates will leave people with less money for mortgage payments. Middle class is shrinking. The UN and other orgs want to end suburbia because it is wasteful.

I'm not sure where things are gonna go. My guess is a small dip this year and next and then a moderate boom. After that, no idea. Also it's highly dependent on location of course.

>> No.24756256

>>24755996

global

>> No.24756273

>>24755774
Forever. We are returning to Feudalism. You're either a Lord or a peasant. A have or a have-not.

>> No.24756290

It will go up until interest rates start increasing. Having 150.000 dollars in loans when interest rate is like 3% is pretty painful.

>> No.24756308

>>24756131
That's still low-cost housing that is being rented by them/your globalist government instead of your citizens.

Which forces people into higher cost alternatives. Which means 'fugees are driving up housing costs for everyone (unless literally every single one of those apartment blocks would be demolished if they were deported).

>> No.24756341

>>24756139
>Me and my brother will get my parents $700k house.
I dont see how this could possible go wrong ...
2 interests and only 1 house, many families fall apart over exactly this and you better hope that your parents dont go into a nursing home.
>>24756183
Its the same in europe and it will end bloody, arabs reproduce at a much higher rate and you can never stuff all that cattle into the existing towns.
>>24756210
You are just lucky that your parents arent retarded, my dad sold our farm and effectivly ended 900years of family tradition to live in a shitty little town house.

>> No.24756343

Cause it will never crash again. Like the boomers said. NEVER CRASHING AGAIN. Just buy now or cry later.

>> No.24756363

>>24756273
In feudalism the lords maintained control by actually being the elite units in the military and giving the peasants the impression that they were reliant on them for protection.

How will the new social order maintain control when the nobles are just a bunch of effeminate boomers and jews and the military and police are all under-class proles.

It seems like in recent clashes between the government and underclass like BLM and Bundy ranch all the government can do is back down and appease. What will the government do against riots when people are truly locked into a caste system? It seems like there only tool is gibs.

>> No.24756371

>>24756183
Isn't it funny how people can't see mass immigration for what it is? They're the modern day slaves. They keep wages low and briefly increase profits for mega corporations. That's why every major company supports leftist governments, they just want cheap labor. White middle class wants them too, all these rich Californians moving into my state are bringing their entourage of poor Mexicans to cook their food, clean their house, mow the lawn, watch the kids, build their home and work in their warehouse or whatever business they own. You go visit one of these upper class homes and it looks like they're plantation owners with all these brown people buzzing around doing chores. They get paid just enough to survive, no different from slaves.

>> No.24756380

i saved up 150k in my twenties and all i can afford is a condo in a third tier city fucking kill me

>> No.24756386

>>24755774
forever or more specific until 'the market' for housing stops existing

what is going to happen is blackrock is going to buy up all realestate with money printed and given to them ultimately paid for by the common citizens through inflation
after that house prices would require several lifetimes of waging and all people are reduced to medieval serfs forever rentcucking as cattle
this is what happens if you have a buyer who is completely price independent
rents will be kept at 50% of your paycheck by rent contract so saving money will be impossible for people and wagegrowth will also become pointless

but thankfully i bought x years ago you say anon
well no such luck kiddo with increased regulations they will steal your house from under you
either through taxes or mandatory environmental regulations you will be made to sign over the ownership of your house

like other anons said this will continue until total economic collapse

>> No.24756391
File: 58 KB, 565x542, Dyatlov.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>24756231
Quality rundown.

>> No.24756430

>>24756371
They get to own slaves and still tout the narrative that they are the benevolent globalist anti-racist saviors. They literally get to have their cake and eat it too. That is until they don't. And then because of these fucking assholes we will all pay the price.

>> No.24756435

>>24756380
Wait, 150k in dollars or euros? Not real money?

Why on earth would you hold that many fedbucks?

>> No.24756455

>>24756386
There is a solution for this to end it all before the world collapses, a real war. I talk about billions of deaths, a new slaughter never seen before and I know that it will happen. This is the only "great reset" the world will see.

>> No.24756461

>>24756139
Who are you going to sell it to? Sure maybe right now you'd get 700k but in a few years I'm not so sure. Could *you* afford to buy a 700k house? Even if you can, would you want to do it? You and your brother are the home buying demographic right now but if you're not buying $700k homes then who is?

>> No.24756468

>>24756210
This is renter cope.

>> No.24756487

>>24756363
>and giving the peasants the impression that they were reliant on them for protection
and that was not just an impression. but i can cite plenty elite military units that were not nobles alter on. but nobles did finance organize and maintain the protective forces and fortifications till the modern era. even to ww1 the officer cadre was still remnants of old nobility and military tradition.

>> No.24756513

>>24756363
well that was really an exaggeration
most of the frontline knights were really pretty poor themselves or third sons with no claim to land
it is nowadays omitted by the text books but the elite were really two classes the aristocrats and the enforcement
and don't hesitate for one moment that given the deal to present day cops that they'll still live with the material wealth of peasants but with authority and the right to bully up any commoner they will not salivate at the opportunity

>> No.24756516

>>24756273
Absolutely. You either exploit serfs or become one, and the time to figure out which side you're on is running out. Get your shit together anons, and quickly. Figure out how to make money in your sleep or be doomed to work forever.

>> No.24756539

>>24756468
no it's the truth. i never bought a home and probably never will. but if they sell some homes in italy for 1 euros again i may get in line.

>> No.24756551

>>24756341
My parents have a will, dummy. We sell the house and get 50/50.

>> No.24756566

>>24756455
Right now i'm not sure the US could wage a real war. I think if the US got involved in a real war it would immediately implode into riots and civil unrest. Draft dodging, BLMers burning cities, rednecks blocking highways.

I don't think the US has the morale to project force against any country that actually poses a threat and could inflict real casualities against it.

U.S. would throttle China in a defensive war but i think it would wrecked interbally trying to invade China. Of course both have nukes but if nukes fly the whole system is going to collapse.

>> No.24756598

>>24756551
You can only do that when theire house still has a worth at that time. Many old people take dept onto theire homes t pay for nursing when they get older, its not so uncommon that it will be a +/-0 at the end.

>> No.24756617

>>24756461
My coworker bought a house worth $110k 4 years ago. He just sold it for $150k. He purchased a home worth $290k to live in now. People can still work their way up the ladder, but yes I will concede that your average wagie is a fucking tard.

>> No.24756632

>>24756566
War's off the table anyway. China vs. western globalists will be all about subversion - media and finance, one trying to dominate the other.

>> No.24756638

>>24756598
You sound like a massive faggot holy shit

>> No.24756658

> what is limited supply
> what is (effectively) unlimited demand

>> No.24756662

>>24756566
The US dosnt matter that much anymore, china, france, turkey, brasil, russia and others are seeking to increase theire influence over the world. sooner or later one spark will ignite many ambitions and after that comes war. My bets are on turkey to start it this time.

>> No.24756718

>>24755996

global

>> No.24756719

>>24756386
Yep this is happening. Home ownership by citizens is going to plummet, it's all being snatched up by banks with access to the money printer and then completely price us out. Happening now.

Once they have bought enough to reach critical mass and control the market watch a federal moratorium on new residential zones. No more suburbia creation; prices will skyrocket and there will be no more running away from high taxes or poor policies. No more running away from low income housing being brought to your little slice of white utopia either which is what is driving all the growth out west.

>> No.24756937

>>24756598
keep on coping

>> No.24757014

>>24756455
real war doesn't work anymore
between nuclear weapons and powerplants there are too many game over events for that to occur
also in such a war the peasants would be killed preferentially thus making the ratio of elites to peasants even worse than it is today leading to more problems down the road
if you are looking for such a solution a novel virus would be the only route, and i am not talking about the coof but say an airborne ebola, 80% mortality with almost no distinction in mortality rate between the classes
but then comes the question why would the elite want to kill their own supply of slaves, no profit in it for the ruling caste

>>24756719
this is another good observation with neofeudalism mobility will disappear
you will be beholden for generations to the land you were born on with all taxation demands that flow from it, low income housing would probably be less of an issue as you are all peasant class and disobedience will be smashed with overwhelming force, once all the pretenses are dropped nigging about will no longer be tolerated
pay good attention to this and move to a region you find acceptable today anons for that choice will determine the fate of many generations down your line

>> No.24757222

>>24757014
There are still religions and ideologies in this world that dont care about stuff like this. We currently have more people on this planet than it can substain on its own, so the solution to this would be a event that kills most of them. You just need a psychopath with enough power to make it happen. Stuff all your technologie, knowledge and ressources into a vault and destroy the world. After that destroy every pocket of civilisation that remains and open the vault to build a new world. There are people in this world that are willing to pay prices like this.

>> No.24757333

>>24755825

millenial here, my net worth is +250K and I didn't start working till I was 26 y/o. Shits easy. I've gone up 100K this year alone.

>> No.24757339

>>24757222
i'll grant you that much
but now we are talking about rogue actors, impossible to predict and working outside the current powerstructure
it depends weather or not technology has distributed enough to allow for something like that to happen, but speculating about it with limited information is meaningless
i still stand by my argument that the current powerstructure has no desire to kill off all their slaves in the short term

>> No.24757580

>>24757339
>i still stand by my argument that the current powerstructure has no desire to kill off all their slaves in the short term
Neither did the powerstructures in rome, the mayan empire, carthago, the ottoman empire, medival france and many other examples from history. Every powerstructur comes to an end at some point.

>> No.24757887

>>24755774
The increase in teleworking during covid may lead a trend to less clustering in specific cities, easing house prices somewhat. Why force people to live in a closet in SF when they could buy a mansion in Tulsa while still doing their same job?