[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 194 KB, 1500x500, 7A85FD2A-A98C-4CEA-A07F-E6EABD8337A2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
24697153 No.24697153 [Reply] [Original]

At long last, a document filing in NYAG Tether probe. NewYorkStateAG says it expects Bitfinex/Tether to finalize document production “in the coming weeks.” The NYAG also wants to extend the injunction to Jan. 15.
https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=2AsYgvjJAsSdalpfkInbHA==
All crypto providers must immediately begin checking their customers’ identities, verifying “beneficial owners” and prohibit anonymous crypto accounts, Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said.
https://www.coindesk.com/france-kyc-crypto

>> No.24697218

i dont think its possible to regulate crypto
how would you regulate DEX exchanges for example, if you ban one shit the other shit will rise from the ashes

i feel like this is big nothing
we had news like this daily on 2017

>> No.24697235

>>24697218
Because these regulations will go global.

>> No.24697271

>>24697235
dude like its regulated already, binance asked my passport and proof of adress, im regulated already, what more do they want

>> No.24697321

>>24697218
you can't stop people from using crypto entirely but you can make it harder for them to use it
same principle as fights against piracy, drugs, or even labels on food items. it's not and it's never about a binary all or nothing choice
especially in the case of crypto, as most governments still see it as money first and foremost, and money is only valuable if enough people accept it as such
"tether fud is fud because nothing came out from all the 2017/2018 revelations" is another logical fallacy. a ponzi runs forever until it doesn't. the tether/finex scam has worked well but you can see how it's bursting at the seams now
you want to talk 2017, in 2017 when btc was at $19k there was only 1.5B tether in circulation. nowadays at the same price point there's 20B tether
governments will keep propping up the terrorism excuse, and banks will jump on the inevitable tether crash to present their own digital currencies, flaunting "safety", "security", and so on
crypto as in DEcentralized cryptoCURRENCY may very well cease to exist in any meaningful manner within the 5 years. although it is likely utility-focused blockchains will remain (the polite way to say "just Ethereum" without attracting shitcoin shills)

>> No.24697658

>>24697271
yeah, along with all the identity verification stuff in australia you get a letter at tax time if you were buying crypto. Here's what the one I got last year said

>Disposing of your cryptocurrency can result in capital gains tax obligations. Our records indicate you have previously disposed of cryptocurrency. Exchanging cryptocurrency for goods, cash or other cryptocurrencies is normally considered a disposal for capital gains tax purposes. Make sure to include any resulting capital gain or loss
in your tax return. By reporting your capital losses, you can carry them forward to offset your future capital gains. Remember to keep your records.

maybe they'll try to add crypto exchanges to the regular stock exchange or something one day. I don't know how it would lower the price though unless they tax it like crazy or something, because i'm already paying tax on it

>> No.24697858

>>24697235
yea just like torrents kek.