[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.25 MB, 1274x952, 62624567345.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
24069814 No.24069814 [Reply] [Original]

What is the point of Ethereum?

This is very funny and I laugh at the unquestioning vapidity of people who say "smart contract" and just let other people fill in the details as to what that should mean and what the value should be. The mistake here is that "smart" is a misnomer. A contract, as we have known them for many hundreds of years, is already smart because it can often require the work of a solicitor or barrister to argue for or against the individual clauses of a contract; contract wording requires interpretation and that can require some of the highest order thinking. It is therefore smart.

A contract on Ethereum, then, isn't smart. It is a dumb contract. It is dumb in the sense that it executes itself, whether it has been audited and validated or not. And for that reason, you get fraud, after hack, after loss, after gimmick, after scam and essentially fuck all in-between.

And for what reason would anybody need to run computer programs in a decentralised way? What the fuck is the point? I can understand a currency being decentralised; that is completely intuitive and innovative, but running programs is useless as it is so insanely inefficient. Anything you could run on Ethereum you can run on AWS and it will be cheaper, faster and more secure, therefore resolving the trilema and revealing Ethereum to be completely and I mean COMPLETELY redundant. Just because something can work doesn't mean it has value, much like a kettle connected to a dynamo on an exercise bike would work. Ethereum is pure spaghetti code.

>> No.24069845

Consider this:
Computer programs that move currency around

>> No.24069863

>>24069814
ive been thinking about it for some time and you are right, im selling all my ETH, time to go all in XRP

>> No.24069885

Contrarians who fud first movers are NGMI

>> No.24069918

>>24069814
dude wtf is wrong with this freak

>> No.24069950

>>24069814
>And for what reason would anybody need to run computer programs in a decentralised way? What the fuck is the point? I can understand a currency being decentralised; that is completely intuitive and innovative, but running programs is useless as it is so insanely inefficient. Anything you could run on Ethereum you can run on AWS and it will be cheaper, faster and more secure, therefore resolving the trilema and revealing Ethereum to be completely and I mean COMPLETELY redundant. Just because something can work doesn't mean it has value, much like a kettle connected to a dynamo on an exercise bike would work. Ethereum is pure spaghetti code.
This is the truth but autistic communists will cause it to moon anyway.

>> No.24070125
File: 379 KB, 1168x771, 1 (11).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>24069814
Thats why L2 like Tokamak exists, to fill in the gaps that Eth is lacking in