[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 8 KB, 225x225, BOOM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
230367 No.230367[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Clients trying to pull free work out of you? FUCK THEM

Management making you feel like you're already being overpaid when you know damn well you deserve more? FUCK THEM

Not getting credit for your work? FUCK THAT

Not getting paid upfront or on time? FUCK THAT

Ever just want to TAKE a STAND in your business life?

Ever just get MAD about money to the point that you feel you could tell the whole world to FUCK OFF unless they're ready to pay what you're WORTH?

I AM THIS FEEL

>> No.230373
File: 162 KB, 991x1023, 234342.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367
>Anon, as CEO I only make $80,000 a year out of this company, that's only TWICE what you make okay?
>Sure I have $2,000,000 in assets but you never-fucking-mind that
>I am JUST as poor and HARD WORKING as you and if you EVER insinuate that you are worth more than we are already paying you, you'll be out on your ass looking for work before you smell this rancid cheese and coffee fart I'm currently wafting into your face DO YOU FUCKING HEAR ME!?

Oh yes massa I'm so sorry massa you are right massa I was wrong to imply that I deserved a raise or leeway with that project, please, please just forget I brought this up

>> No.230376

>>230367
>getting multiple offers from companies upon graduation
>literally telling the companies that offer me $30/hr or lower to fuck off in the interview

And that is why we major in STEM, ladies and gentlemen.

>> No.230384
File: 97 KB, 1000x666, incoming_boomer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367

>Excellent, you did great work here
>Son, I appreciate you putting so much effort into this, you really are a genius!

Wow, thank you sir! Well now that I've got your blessings on the work I've done so far, I'd love to carry on with the project. I would like to request, if you don't mind, 25% of the agreed estimate/budget upfront to cover my expenses for the moment

>I see...

Yep! Just need a little bit to cover myself while I continue to make this AWESOME ____ for you. What do you say?

>Well...

You agreed to a $1,500 budget, correct? I would be more than happy if you could put $250 towards the work I've already done for you here. Thanks!

>Yeah... about that. I'm going to need to give some thought on this. I have some other developers on the line who would like to do the whole thing for $200 and they won't charge me until they're finished with the whole thing...

What...

Sir, I can assure you you're not going to get the same product from them.

>Yeah, but this whole paying for something before it's done, I don't know. I thought you did business differently.

I... I already did work though. The project already is pretty much done. I need money. I'm hurting.

>I don't really have $200 to spare right now though, sorry. Whoops, almost spilled my coffee on this $10,000 leather couch!

W... what? You said you could pay $1,500 immediately, and that was last week. You said you had it in your hand ready to pay me...

>Sorry, just got a call, I'll have to get back to you. Great work! I'll keep in touch

>> No.230386

Not really. You're only worth as much as your employer will pay you.

>> No.230395 [DELETED] 
File: 117 KB, 473x348, 2343254654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367

>Hey, I know you guys have your ideas on management, that's fair, but you gotta realize, being a WORKER BEE - and excuse me, I don't mean to offend you with that term

Oh... of course not.

>Being a WORKER BEE, as you are, is a very different experience from being in Management. The stress is just a different level, the level of professionalism is just beyond the scope that we can expect from, well, worker bees... so really, if you want to get here, you have to pay your dues

Right. I totally understand. I did kind of think that working here for ___ years and the time I saved the ____ and ____ project for you were something of a bade of honor though, I thought maybe I had already earned my stripes enough to have some input on how... on how this will go

>No haha. No.

>Wow this is fucking delicious. See, isn't this nice? Not many people have a BOSS (and I AM your boss) take them out to a nice lunch like this!

>> No.230398
File: 117 KB, 473x348, 2343254654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367

>Hey, I know you guys have your ideas on management, that's fair, but you gotta realize, being a WORKER BEE - and excuse me, I don't mean to offend you with that term

Oh... of course not.

>Being a WORKER BEE, as you are, is a very different experience from being in Management. The stress is just a different level, the level of professionalism is just beyond the scope that we can expect from, well, worker bees... so really, if you want to get here, you have to pay your dues

Right. I totally understand. I did kind of think that working here for ___ years and the time I saved the ____ and ____ project for you were something of a badge of honor though, I thought maybe I had already earned my stripes enough to have some input on how... on how my life and career will go.

>No haha. No.

>Wow this is fucking delicious. See, isn't this nice? Not many people have a BOSS (and I AM your boss) take them out to a nice lunch like this!

>Like I told you ___ years ago when you started working for me out of desperation and you were making the exact same money you are now - stick with me, kid, and you'll go places.
[Reply to Thread]

>> No.230397

>>230384
Is this how it works? I'm switching career paths if it is.

>> No.230401

If I ever feel under appreciated, I just find a new job and take a 25% pay bump. At this point I don't even care about a layoff because my job is in such high demand I could easily find another, but I'd rather try my hand at day trading.

>> No.230402 [DELETED] 
File: 112 KB, 1300x957, 54t45g454gt5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367

>Hey, can you make ___ for me? I need it by this weekend.

Sure, got any more details on what you need?

>Hold on let me copy and paste this from a doc I wrote up 2 months ago while jerking myself off with my satin tie , ahem

>I am looking for a mobilized solution to quantify the mainframe required to export my financial production elements towards a more rudimentary and streamlined backend. I will require social networking integration with twitter, facebook and pinterest as well as a multi-level contract agreement specification document which the users will be able to fill out before clicking the "Pay Me Now Faggot" button which you will connect directly to my account

Wow okay! I'll start a draft immediately.

(5 hours hard work later)

Alright! How does this look?

>Excellent, this looks great. Can you change the diameter of the multi-level document so that it will wrap around larger screens and blib blah the bloobly bloo?

Wh... I mean yeah! Sure! Uhhhh... like this?

>Aboslutely. Great. Well I really think I have something to consider here, I have a few more options who I will need to review and I expect to get back to you next week on my decision. Thanks again

Wait what the fuck just happe-

>CYA!

>> No.230403
File: 112 KB, 1300x957, 54t45g454gt5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367

>Hey, can you make ___ for me? I need it by this weekend.

Sure, got any more details on what you need?

>Hold on let me copy and paste this from a doc I wrote up 2 months ago while jerking myself off with my satin tie , ahem

>I am looking for a mobilized solution to quantify the mainframe required to export my financial production elements towards a more rudimentary and streamlined backend. I will require social networking integration with twitter, facebook and pinterest as well as a multi-level contract agreement specification document which the users will be able to fill out before clicking the "Pay Me Now Faggot" button which you will connect directly to my account

Wow okay! I'll start a draft immediately.

(5 hours hard work later)

Alright! How does this look?

>Excellent, this looks great. Can you change the diameter of the multi-level document so that it will wrap around larger screens and blib blah the bloobly bloo?

Wh... I mean yeah! Sure! Uhhhh... like this?

>Exactly. Great. Well I really think I have something to consider here, I have a few more options who I will need to review and I expect to get back to you next week on my decision. Thanks again

Wait what the fuck just happe-

>CYA!

>> No.230405

>>230397

It's a gamble, man. Lately it seems like 2/3 of all clients are just completely full of shit.

>> No.230407

>>230405
Can you tell me the worst story you got?

>> No.230426
File: 31 KB, 300x299, dfdsfwef434.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367

>Hi, Anon, great to meet you, thanks for coming to interview with us

Absolutely!

>Well first... let's learn a bit about you! What's your PASSION in life, what DRIVES you, anon?

Oh... I like. I like good things that... that I like.

>Uh huh. Uh huh. So, let me just ask, if we gave you a spec to make ____ how would you go about doing that?

Ah! I would first lay out the schematics for you in _____ and once you've approved, I'd code the framework in _____ as that's my preferred IDE, I would the-

>We use ____ IDE, anon.

Oh... Sure I can do that too! I would use ___ IDE and get a rough draft for you, the framework in place we could then polish the features and get a BETA release into the hands of your client

>Very nice. Very nice. You seem to know what you're talking about, and that means a lot to us.

Thanks! I -

>So let me tell you about our startup here. Let me take some deep breaths and look down at the table and fold my hands as if I'm Steve Jobs and I'm about to blow your fucking brains out with my charisma and business sense, okay?

Okay.

>What we're striving to develop here is a CULTURE anon, a successful company needs a CULTURE or some kind of banner of like-mindedness to ...

(2 hours later)

>And that's why we are going to be as big or bigger than McDonalds some day. Because they have culture, and so do we. We want someone who can bring us to the next level technically -

Oh that's me!

> - and really give us boners about how fucking cool they are at the same time. We want to feel like high schoolers who have a crush on the cool kid, and we need YOU to be that cool kid

Ah. I see. Well... can you start me on a project and let me show you what I can do?

>Absolutely, but first - I need to know what your needs are for wages

I will need _____/hr to make ends meet, if that's okay

>Ok. We don't like to talk about NUMBERS? NECESSARILY? Until we can see what kind of REAL TALENT? YOU HAVE? YOU KNOW? UPWARD INFLECTIONS? So. This won't work.

>> No.230429

>>230407

Everything I'm posting is a parody of my real life stories actually.

I haven't really made any of this up.

I have learned my lessons and don't do business with people I suspect are broke but they still slip by.

What's amazing is how many clients have legitimate money and are too crooked to pay for services. Or clients who appear to have money and turn out being flat broke.

Employers are the same way, except they imagine themselves to be in 'Management' and somehow different from clients that rip you off. After all, they can FIRE YOUUU OOOOOO SCAAARY

>> No.230452
File: 143 KB, 1024x1300, r43frefd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367

>Look anon, I don't have to fuck around, I'm running a shop here

Right. Yep. Let's get work done.

>Damn right, so fucking do it, man. Just do it. Raise hell and get it done, because I can't afford it, I just can't. I know I'm your boss but trust me, I'm not making that much

Oh I know... me either

>What's that?

N-nothing! I mean yeah.

>Anon... you're making good money, okay? Ha. I mean, sure there are guys out there with your creds demanding ridiculous sums of money

Industry standards though, they are making industry standard wages

>Don't be a communist, anon. For fuck sake. Anyway, you are making good money for what you do and hey, if you keep it up, I do see a raise for you.

Phew. Okay. I'm ready.

(2 weeks later, nothing but successes)

>Hey anon! See this sound-proofing board we have hanging on the wall? $800

What? Really? That's like... my entire paycheck. And you have dozens of these all over the office. And we don't even use the-

>Hey, wanna come over to my house and help me move some furniture? It's a fucking nice house. $600,000, 3 stories, 4 bedrooms, hardwood floors

Cool...

>I don't make that much fucking money anon, don't get the wrong FUCKING idea you hear me? You make GOOD MONEY okay?

>Look, if it makes you feel any better, I will belittle you and question you on everything you do from now, even though you've proven yourself an exceptional employee - it would be best if I undermine you from now on and make you feel as if I'm still questioning whether you're worth the beans I'm paying you. Sound like a plan?

>> No.230458

>>230452
Keep 'em coming. I'd be dying over here if it wasn't so tragic.

>> No.230464

>>230452

I like when bosses uses this one. His audacity was fucking amazing. He still tried to pull the wool over my eyes despite the fact that I worked in the accounting department and could see from payroll that he's a fucking millionaire.

>> No.230475

>>230464
>could see from payroll that he's a fucking millionaire.

Haha yeah, I've had the same thing before.

One of these guys had a CMS with all of our job tickets as well as accounting information on clients (big clients) worth $100,000 projects left and right. Didn't take a genius to know he was making crazy money.

This particular one told me to my face in my first interview that he only pulled $40,000/year out of the company. The numbers hinted that he was in fact pulling $200,000 at least. And that goes without mentioning the amount of assets he threw in my face while telling me the dollar amount.

The motherfucker paid a Los Angeles graphic design firm to make a logo for $8,000. The logo is comprised of a black and white dog silhouette sitting next to the company name. When he told me that he paid the equivalent of months and months of my wages for that shit it was the last straw for me.

This is a person who physically breathed down my neck and shook his head at everything I did when it was 100% correct.

Guilt does bad things to people.

>> No.230478

>>230458
>Keep 'em coming.

I admit it's therapeutic but I better get some work done haha. Hope someone else has stories to share.

>> No.230484

And in case anyone's wondering - the most recent incident for me was yet another client agreeing to a project with a $1,000+ budget.

When I had the project 80% complete and asked for payment towards the rest of it he told me he was "strapped" for money and would try to "scrape something together" by this weekend.

I won't cry about it, I'll move on - but not before I vent. What a motherfucker. What MOTHER FUCKERS ALL OF THEM.

>> No.230489

>>230484
Do they expect you to sell it to them in a ridiculously low price?

>> No.230506
File: 112 KB, 1199x510, bum.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230489

I have no idea what's wrong with some people.

I give them a concrete estimate dollar number like $500 by the second email.

It's usually a dozen emails later after doing tons of work for them that I will ask for something towards that estimate.

They then conveniently tell me that they are hard on money.

This is fraud, naturally. And it does induce real rage.

I love what I do but this is one of the few industries where people can pull this shit on you. You don't hire construction workers and let them work for a day to 'test' them without pay. You don't hire them to do $20,000 projects and then admit when the job is nearly done that you're broke.

And frankly I came to the realization that I deserve at least as much fucking respect as a construction worker. I have recently dropped projects the second I suspect a client of being a flake.

I have also told one client that a Mobile App I made for him is mine until he buys it from me. In other words, until he has paid the full estimate, it's not his App. It's mine.

Finding a backbone had taken me a long time but it has pretty much happened. I see these people for what they are now - which is a joke. Earlier in my life, I actually thought I needed them.

>>230367

Hope you /biz/nians can relate.

>> No.230513
File: 130 KB, 628x363, 1395442740619.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367

>True, true, I did hire you to do ___ and you did! Thank you

Of course! It was my pleasure. So... do you know when you might be able to cut a check?

>Oh, yeah. I think we're going to cut checks later today? Maybe. We'll 'put a line on it'

What does that mean?

>So anyway, you're doing great! Definitely appreciate it

Okay... and.... and you WILL pay me for it?

>Oh of course. I think so. We might be able to cut a check today, I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on it.

I... okay

(come back later)

So did you determine if you can cut a check today?

>Haha wow! You must be really desperate huh!?

>JUST KIDDING ANON LOL... you thought I wasn't gonna pay you. So silly.

>So, how are things?

CAN YOU FUCKING PAY ME NOW PLEASE!?

>Sheeeeesh, fine. I swear, if people just knew how to manage their money better they wouldn't have to constantly beg me for money like this....

>> No.230517

As someone who is interested in getting into contract work, do you have any tips for avoiding these cretins?

This is all hilarious to read, but just thinking about it actually happening is making my blood boil.

>> No.230520
File: 21 KB, 320x449, lrp2208.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230367

>Hey anon, what's up!

Hi, I just wanted to talk about my commute out here. I've been handling ___ for a while now and really enjoy it, I just have a really long commute and the gas is adding up. So far I'm spending $500/month on gas and I would like to ask for compensation on that, otherwise I'm not sure how I can make ends meet

>$500 a month? Is that all? What's the problem again?

That's... a quarter of my monthly income from here... I'm paying money to come and work here basically. After gas expenses and unpaid time on the road I'm actually making $___/hr instead of $____/hr.

>Ohhh. I don't get it... are you having money problems or something? Are you a drug addict? Maybe you should work out a budget, anon, that's what I recommend. Budget your money and start putting some aside. As for paying for your commute time well, I'll just have to talk to my partner about that.

Oh okay, can you come to a decision by the end of the day? I really need to know.

>Haha... Boy you really seem upset over this. Seriously, are you having money problems anon? Seems like you should be able to cover that expense yourself... I'll still talk to him about it though. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway I have to go see a client, I'll catch you later when you're done with ___! Do a good job! I want to see it finished by the end of the day.

>Thaaaaaanks anooooonnnnn

(Walks off down the hallway tapping the walls and whistling loudly)

>> No.230523

>>230517
Threaten to sue, usually a lawyer will charge a few bucks for what to do in these situations and how to contact them to sue these people for non-compliance with a contract..

>> No.230524

>>230517
>just thinking about it actually happening is making my blood boil.

Good, dude. Mine too. I've been through all of this.

My only tip is to strengthen yourself from the inside out. Determine what you are worth and stick with it.

It's natural to undersell yourself early on in your career but it can truly become a cancer to your career if you don't grow out of it ASAP.

There is nothing you can do to make OTHERS abide by your standards except walk away from them the second they don't comply. You will end up turning 20% of them towards the light and they will realize they need to play fair. The other 80% you will never hear from again and your life will be better for it.

>> No.230531
File: 86 KB, 1300x1214, your_gonna_pay_me_faggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230523

It's really hard to get most clients to contract but I have to say the most solid advice is to do contracted work from square one.

Write a contract yourself, make your own terms (seriously FUCK anyone else, do NOT let a client write YOU a contract) -

If they don't want to sign it, immediately move on. Immediately.

If they agree, you take it to the bank and have it notarized which takes 1 minute, you then mail it to them and have them do the same.

If someone isn't willing to go to the bank and sign a piece of paper for a project that is worth at least $200 they are the exact kind of pieces of shit this thread is about.

I admit to not following my own advice though. That's why I still come across flakes.

>> No.230532

>>230531

>dat filename

err *you're

>> No.230538

neet lyfe 4eva!!
I would immediately go to court in any of these cases if I couldn't evade them in the first place.

>> No.230552 [DELETED] 
File: 320 KB, 648x432, give_me_my_fucking_money.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230538

There's no going to court unless signed documents are involved though. Emails can be legally binding but only if the person says verbatim "I am going to pay you ____ by _____" which they NEVER do in an email. Everything is fuzzy and "I'll TRY to ___ " etc.

Most of the time if you get ripped off it'll be for a few hundred dollars and no contracts involved.

People know when they're cheating you for less money than a court case is worth. They love it and get a high off it, to be honest.

Only solution is to be the Lion and see them for what they are which is Hyena faggots.

http://youtu.be/M_uIzI-I9xM?t=6m

>> No.230556

>>230367
For the most part most people who feel this way are usually not worth their current pay.
The ones that are really worth more usually just leave for better pastures or are enticed to stay with a bigger check they never really need to demand anything.

>> No.230563
File: 320 KB, 648x432, give_me_my_fucking_money.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230538

There is no court case unless there are signed documents.

Best mindset to have from square one is that you are the Lion and they are Hyena faggots who will try to get away with shit. Even when it's a seemingly GREAT client you have to just ASSUME they are a Hyena and you need to take them down, either by making them sign a contract or something else. Otherwise, they are fucking with you / humiliating you.

And a Lion can only give so much of his dignity to Hyenas before he finally snaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32USS8vm6e0

>He Who Runs With Fire

>> No.230565

>>230556
>The ones that are really worth more usually just leave for better pastures

No shit. That doesn't mean they weren't worth the money they were asking for.

>you're just being self entitled, if you were really worth __ you'd

Yeah, fuck you. If a person makes $50/hr. from one client he can and should make $50/hr. from ALL of them.

If one client suggests "Well maybe you're only worth $20/hr. and that's why I'm paying you" that client needs his neck snapped.

>> No.230595

>>230367

Here's something I just sent to a client. This is how I roll.

>_____, just to be clear (and fair) I can't provide anymore updates until I've got something on the line so to speak - it's just business. Only a fool keeps his foot to the pedal without gas in the tank. I know you're good for it but again... the tank is empty. I've done a lot of work so far and we've added more features than we originally had with the $_____ budget so it's time for me to get serious.

Etc. etc.

It gets easier every time. The #1 best thing for a person like me is that I put a disclaimer in all of my original estimates that I get to keep all of the code I create for projects. In other words, if he doesn't pay up - what I've created for him is mine to sell to whoever I want.

>> No.230611

>>230565
>No shit. That doesn't mean they weren't worth the money they were asking for.
That's the whole point of the post or do you really need everything that was implied to be spelled out for you too.

>> No.230638
File: 97 KB, 500x333, 3242424.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pic Unrelated

>>230611

But you're wrong - managementfag. Just carry on letting us worker bees know where we sit! Noble cause.

>>230595

Another term I use (and just used)

"There is too much excitement between us and not enough bread."

This is for clients who dance around and do backflips over the work you do for them but don't actually pay up.

A lot of the time you have to reciprocate that excitement (it's part of a long on-going sale) but up to a certain point you have to go poker face and just put your hand out.

The usual reaction is immediate mixture of offense/fear. "Well I SAID I was GONNA pay you! SHEESH! But P-PLEASE DON'T GO".

The business world is full of passive aggressive bullshitters who want you to feel bad for asking to be clothed, fed and sheltered while working for them. They love an adore you until you remind them that you aren't an ephemeral being floating in cyberspace who survives off their happiness and excitement over how "rich" they're going to become off your work.

>Oh yeah TOTALLY! My work here is going to make you tons of money! I'm really happy for you! Sure am fucking hurting for some money though... ahem

>> No.230646

>>230638
>This is for clients who dance around and do backflips over the work you do for them but don't actually pay up.

And yes, these really are the worst kind of people on the planet next to people who actually stab you in the stomach in a dark alley and pull your wallet out of your pants.

And they are fucking everywhere.

>> No.230649

I don't have this problem. I always bring up the money, to the point where I'm obnoxious about it. Maybe that's what other people work for me instead of the other way around.

>> No.230653

>>230649
>I always bring up the money, to the point where I'm obnoxious about it.

Please elaborate / advise.

This is new for me and the more I do it the more I realize how much of my life / career I wasted.

It is empowering beyond words though, to finally be a tough business person, and that makes up for the regrets.

>> No.230670

>>230653
I lay out in clear terms exactly when and how much I expect to get paid. That means I give them specific dates and dollar amounts. If they don't pay, they don't get my services. It's simple, but you have to be assertive. A lot of people are afraid to ask for money, maybe because they think it makes them look cheap and Jewish or something. Think of yourself as a savvy ruthless businessman. It's definitely empowering to start breaking through this barrier. You're starting to think like an employer than than an employee.

>> No.230688

>>230670

Thanks. And you're right. Terms and definite pay dates should be laid out immediately, otherwise you do stupid shit like I do and bring people all the way to a semi-finished product before asking for money. At that point, they (if they're stupid, and they usually are) already have the impression that you're happy to work without pay.

>A lot of people are afraid to ask for money, maybe because they think it makes them look cheap and Jewish or something.

I used to physically shake from it. Inferiority complex I suppose. Once I started making over $40/hr. I realized the problem is psychological and there's no reason I shouldn't be able to charge/behave like a professional.

>> No.230701
File: 107 KB, 841x797, 1392351838910.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Become good friends with company accountants assistant
> She gets made redundant to hire social media cunt
> Tells me everyones salaries
> TFW complete and utter incompetents are paid more than you
> Ask boss for a raise in review
> "Oh we can't afford that right now" even though we've just got a huge retainer job in, then proceeds to fly off the handle as he tries to justify underpaying you despite being the most highly skilled and productive member in the company, also the lead of an entire dept
> Apologises in email for shouting because he realises he was being a fucking manchild… still no raise though
> Boss proceeds to hire 3 more people who are all imbeciles or nepotism hires

Fuck this gay company

>> No.230713

>>230701
>> Apologises in email for shouting because he realises he was being a fucking manchild… still no raise though
>> Boss proceeds to hire 3 more people who are all imbeciles or nepotism hires

YYYYEP.

>I'm sorry I hit you baby, but why do you have to go and get me all upset like that?

>You know we need you... you're so valuable to us... please don't be mad, baby.... NOW GET BACK TO WORK

>Oh what's that? I'm spending more money than you earn in a week on petty shit right in front of you? YOU NEVERMIND THAT, HO

>> No.230807

> Boss brings his new girlfriend (posh cunt stinking of BS) in to do new business for us
> In 4 months she only brings 2 jobs in, one some ad work for a magazine and one for a B2B website for a TV channel
> At their wedding reception, introduced to her 2 oldest friends
> one works for the TV channel, the other for the magazine
> Starting to figure out her "new business" strategy /s
> Gets pregnant right after wedding, spends 2 years on full maternity pay leave
> Never did bring in any other business

>> No.230820

>>230386
you're only worth as much as an employer will pay you
not your employer

>> No.230831

>>230807

I also had a boss who put his girlfriend in a position in the company and she bombed out of it.

She later left him because he was a closet faggot (I think) and took her dog with him.

>mfw he fucking told me all these personal things at work completely unprovoked

>> No.230836

>>230831
>took her dog with him.

Took HER dog with her. But by then he was being a clingy fag and acting like it was his dog.

This is the person who told me I was making plenty of money and should be happy to be miles beneath him. Nah.

>>230820

Exactly.

If someone is paying you $100/hr. you are worth that much. This is the definition of "What you are worth". You are worth what people will pay for you.

Not what cunting faggot "boss" men will toss you from the table.

Pleb mentality is disgusting.

>> No.230859

>no link to this video yet

THIS IS REQUIRED VIEWING FOR THE PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVkLVRt6c1U

>> No.230873

> Job application
> Salary £30-£35K
> 35 being about what I need to live on etc minimum
> Apply, company interested… wants to know how much I want to be paid
> Tell them my situation
> "Ohh that's difficult for us…if we pay you that much we wont really have any movement for raises in the future"
> …ok so you can't actually afford 35K… why put it on the fucking advert at all then? Just put the actual honest amount.

only thing worse is companies who don't put any salary on at all and just waste everyones fucking time

>> No.230882

I couldn't put up with this shit. I'm either rich or a traveling rape bum.

>> No.230887

>>230873
>Applying for jobs
>Salary: competitive

the fuck does that even mean, give me a bloody figure

>> No.230894

>>230887

It means "as little as we think we can get away with paying you".

>> No.230896

>>230887

It means they are trying to pay you the absolute minimum they can legally get away with.

>> No.231032

>>230859

Haven't watched it yet but love the title

>> No.231092

>>230367
>Not getting paid upfront or on time?

As a landlord and a property manager, I get this from tenants all the time. It's really fucking irritating but you can deal with it firmly.

>Hey I am late with the rent it should be in within a week
>That's fine, here's an N4 notice of nonpayment. You have 2 weeks to pay, actually, but if I have to issue 3 of these in a year, it's pretty much an automatic eviction. Have a nice day.

Can't really relate to the others since I flat out refuse to start major projects without having at least half the money from the client upfront, and if they fail to pay me afterwards I just withhold rent cheques until the balance is made up. And not having a boss anymore... what an excellent feeling.

>>230520
>$500 in fuel
>quarter of monthly income

Jesus fucking Christ, I know plenty of brainless contractor assistants making more than that. What kind of shit jobs do you people have?

>>230887
When companies put out a "competitive" salary, it usually means that they're going to be doing a reverse-auction with the applicants, and see which one is prepared to take the lowest salary.

>> No.231139

>>230859

I am drinking this down like water right now.

>> No.231140

>>231092
>Jesus fucking Christ, I know plenty of brainless contractor assistants making more than that. What kind of shit jobs do you people have?

States with lower costs of living, duh.

Certainly don't live in Los Angeles.

>> No.231149

>>230859

This is giving my mind a boner. My business mind. A /biz/ boner.

>> No.231170

>>231140
I don't even live in the States. I live in Canada, where cost of living is higher and wages are supposed to be lower.

I can't think of any office jobs that pay $20,000 a year. Even the shittiest, bottom of the barrel job I can think of would be paying at least $28,000.

>> No.231194
File: 321 KB, 800x1054, 1389324083647.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So if I'm reading this thread right, you guys could use a third party to negotiate for you? Say you land a $2k job and someone could guarantee you get paid upon completion in return for a 5% fee? (paid after the client's check clears of course)

>> No.231213

>get laid off from my job
>2 months later get a call wanting me to come back for the same pay
>I tell them not interested and I have interviews at places with over 125% of that pay
>Hang out
>Get a call back 4 hours later. They caved in and are paying me almost 1 and half what I was getting paid

You have to be prepared to down an offer, guys. If they don't see your back, you probably didn't barter hard enough

>> No.231600

OP, what occupation are you in?

>> No.232206
File: 522 KB, 2560x1600, Mystic-forest.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>231600

Couldn't tell you friend.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s06QVHEZMvbp

>> No.232217

Don't know that feel, sorta pissed my welfare is taking ages.

>> No.232275

>>232217

>welfare

Fuck off faggot.

>> No.232449

>>230506
you're an idiot, give them nothing until you get money and do nothing for them until you get at least an advance which you are comfortable with

>> No.232751
File: 876 KB, 355x325, shaq.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Best thread on /biz/ so far

>> No.232776

>Anon, you know we always got your back right.

Gee that is very good to hear (family member dying of cancer). Can you pay me what you owe me so I can pay the programmers and cover my rent and travels (to see my family)?

>Got your back man. Just let me run this by the money people

1 week later

. Can you pay me what you owe me so I can pay the programmers.

>Guess what, I just flew in to London TO SEE YOU MAN. AIN'T THAT COOL

Sorry man I am not in London now. I am down in Madrid (visiting family in hospital). Can you pay me what you owe me now?

>Oh shit. Sorry, haven't got it right now But remember WE ALWAYS GOT YOUR BACK MAN.

2 weeks later

>Look, the software is 90% finished. We have paid the programmers 10K by now. Could they just do the final 10% for free?

Man, you agreed to a "pay by the hour" deal. These guys are pros. They are not interns. They do not work for free.

>Aw c'mon. For the team...?

etc etc ad nauseam

>> No.233018

>>232449
>you're an idiot, give them nothing until you get money

That's where I'm headed.

But when you're a freelancer, most clients will want at least a mock up.

It takes experience to learn when to stop with the "mock-up" before it becomes the actual product.

Be nice. Some of us have to overcome inferiority complexes for one reason or another, it does affect our business sense and has to be unlearned.

>please feel bad for me

>> No.233021

>>232776
>>Got your back man. Just let me run this by the money people

I'm learning that this is the time to walk away now. Why the fuck would we have any interest in doing business with people who don't have direct access to money?

>> No.233042

rase pls

>nuh uh faget wut r u guna do???

am union now

>pls no
>have rase now

Did I do it right? I'm kinda high

>> No.233110

>>233042
Unions were good back when 1) the vast majority of jobs out there was unskilled factory labor where you could literally be replaced within minutes if management decided they didn't like you, and 2) there were no reasonable means by which the average person could acquire more marketable skills. They don't work so well when labor and management are on more even playing fields.

>> No.233122

>>230373
Jealousy is a poor mans thinking. I live in abundance. There is no need for me to beg for money I would not accept charity anyways.

>> No.233128

>>233110
I was just trying to do a story like the other guy was doing man...

>> No.233144

>>233122

You sound spergnificent.

>> No.233151

>be at engineering/machining company for a year
>closing and opening new branches monthly
>layoffs are brought up so time to go job searching
>ace an interview for double the pay to work for the competition
>tfw you can price match your former company because you have all of the pricing
>tfw thats exactly how the old company came into existence

Live by the sword, die by the sword bitches. Im quitting monday and am still open to ideas on how to do it

>> No.233153

>>230367
Never work for free. End of discussion. Shame your generation shits all over unions or maybe this wouldn't happen so much.

>> No.233155

>>233151
Leave quietly and with integrity. If you think stories of you doing something shitty at your present job won't reach your new boss, you're in for a wakeup call.

>> No.233169

>>233151
This
>>233155

Don't risk ruining your reputation by being an ass.

>> No.233170
File: 44 KB, 400x400, i_post_now.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>233153

I don't know if it's my generations fault...

I'm 20 something.

The people who have ripped me off (or attempted to) in my career have all been over the age of 35.

I've had relationships with clients go sour who were younger, mid-twenties etc, but they all paid me. They fucking paid me.

Today I sent out yet another contract to a baby boomer requesting that they pay the amount they agreed to for the site - at least a portion of it, before I FULLY GIVE IT TO THEM.

No I can't plug their fucking domain name to the server unless they pay me first - and yet no matter how delicately I put this in the contract I don't hear back from them once I send it.

Such is the grind. I am putting more time into third-party sites like Freelancer.com as I obviously need some middle-men between me and these butt-fuck retarded clients I'm coming across. Freelancer has "milestones" which are definite goals the client HAS to set AND pay for in order to advance the project. While I've been attempting this with my contracts, apparently people are just plain too chicken-shit to do business in a professional manner and would rather interface with a website.

Fair enough. I just need to get. Fucking. Paid.

>> No.233173

>>233151

Congrats man. I've never had leverage like this while leaving jobs. Yet I've always had a stick up my ass over the fact that I worked for less than I was worth.

I came to the conclusion that self-employment is my only hope. At this point, having been bottom-of-the-barrel broke before AND successful as a freelancer I've decided I'd rather die than be a "wage slave" to employers now.

If there were ever an employer who paid enough and harbored a fun-enough atmosphere or job that I would stick around for good, I would have by now. Fact is being an "Employee" has proven nothing but shit for me.

Even now that you're trading up, how does it feel to know you could quadruple that income if your balls were big enough, your suit were sharp enough and you had enough experience/confidence/creds to pull it off?

That's where I need to be.

>> No.233178

>>233170
It is. Your generation did shit like Occupy Wallstreet, which told the previous ones in a nutshell 'we're lazy and want everything for nothing' Whether or not that was the intent, that was the message most got. You guys created shit like the Tea Party to hate government, then go on to attack big business. It looked like a child throwing a tantrum. So you are all treated just like that, children.

The above is not how I genuinely feel, its how a lot of Gen X and BabyBoomers feel about Millennials.

>> No.233200

>>233178
>Your generation did shit like Occupy Wallstreet

Fuck you to death. Stopped reading.

>> No.233202

>>233200
The last sentence kinda explains a lot, you should have read it too to put things in context.

>> No.233205 [DELETED] 

>>233202

>we're ALLOWED to rip you off because the television told us you are a bunch of spoiled babies
>look, here's a TIME article telling us the same
>your fault, MUH LINEALS

Fuck you. To death. You will die soon anyway, but I can only hope my sincere FUCK YOU encourages your exit from this world so you can stop fucking with CHILDREN who are now adults trying to SURVIVE under your fucking BULLSHIT.

The above is not how I genuinely feel, *its how a lot of Gen Y-Z and Millenials feel about your closet-faggot fucking loafer-wearing social security leeching worthless asses.

>> No.233206

>>233205
Dude, I'm a millennial too. Your anger, while valid, is misplaced. Though the tantrum is kinda what those assholes expect you to do

>> No.233208

>>233206
>Dude, I'm a millennial too.

Then you're a complete cunt. Why would you blame your own generation for something they had almost nothing to do with?

Because you suck grandpa-cock for acceptance, kid. What I said still applies to every baby-boomer willing to rip us off because we're apparently "entitled" for expecting payment for our work.

But you're a fucking cunt sell-out and should hang yourself if this is how you really think. Don't sell out your own generation just to be contrarian. And don't do it for the false belief that it will somehow ingratiate you with the imaginary patriarchy above you.

>> No.233212

>>233208
OK. You fight the revolution. I'll enjoy working for a good wage and having a comfortable life.

>> No.233231

>>233212

>I'll enjoy being a mediocre sellout for older-men while parroting the bullshit they run through my ear canal every day

You won't, but we already knew that.

>> No.233245

>>233231
Whatever helps you sleep at night

>> No.233256

>>230401
where do you work?

>> No.233278

>>230426
FUCK FUCK FUCK I'm still in school for Compsci and this sounds like you work in Compsci and FUCK, how fucked am I?

>> No.233342 [DELETED] 

>>233278
don't do freelancing for web development
don't make video games for large companies
other than that, you'll do great.

>> No.233349

>>233278
don't do web dev (clients are bottomfeeders)
don't do mobile dev (clients and end-users are bottomfeeders)
don't make video games for large companies (abusive employers)

other than that, you'll do great.

>> No.233359

>>230426
This is hilarious

>> No.233368

>>233178
>Your generation did shit like Occupy Wallstreet
>You guys created shit like the Tea Party
Yeah these were totally the same people.

>> No.233652

>>233349
Wait so I can actually pursue my love of integrated and embedded systems development!? Hot dog!

>> No.233940

>>233349

I might have to start taking this advice soon.

Everything you said was right.

Do everything for yourself if possible and if you're going to have clients, program software for people playing in real industries. Not John Buttfuck down the road who had a cool idea for a game but has been lying to you about having the money to develop it. Or Jim Buttfuck. Or Jane Buttfuck.

You come across them all...

>> No.234346

>Be translator/proofreader
>Contact a translation firm
>Get a trial job, a few hundred words
>IN FUCKING RHYMES
>Translating rhymes is hard
>I work all weekend to do it
>ends up awesome
>client is happy
>get paid like 40$, but now i have proven myself to be fucking great at what i do
>hey it was fun at least, and surely they will value my skills now?
>Oh hey anon wanna produce shitty clickbait for 3$/h?
Fucking stupid humanities students driving my wages down.

>> No.234463

>>230426
>So let me tell you about our startup here. Let me take some deep breaths and look down at the table and fold my hands as if I'm Steve Jobs and I'm about to blow your fucking brains out with my charisma and business sense, okay?

Haha, every fucking time.

>> No.234497

>>234346
Translators make peanuts mang, thought you knew that
It's basically an excuse for lit students to study lit

>> No.234504

>>230506
Too bad you learned the hard way my man. My dad taught me to have a backbone. despite the fact that he was ripped off as I was growing up constantly. (immigrant with poor English, but genius of a man).
Here's a couple from me
>working valet in highschool
>Check every 2 weeks
> I keep tabs on my work hours to the minute
>checks are late 1 time
>Angry, but whatever, shit happens
>check finally comes in 5 days later
>it's short like 6$
>Go to manager and ask him what that's about
>Blah blah, taxes, blah blah, penalties
>Stare at him. then say, I want my 6$ now. Keeps going on, now threatening me
>Pull my phone out and show him my list of contacts
>Better business Bureau
>Says "Your going to call them over 6$?"
>Counter with "Your going to lose your job over 6$ and put the company in danger?"
>goes into pocket and takes out 6$.

1 month later
>Checks late again
>This time by an entire week
>Show up to work and say I want my check now
>Manager tells me it'll be in soon, as for now I have to take so and so cars to so and so lots
>Tell him to call me when my check is in and then I'll work.
>couple other kids get courage and say the same thing.
Manager goes to office and comes out with a box of checks
>goes "oh look they were here in the office, they came in this morning, I forgot".

They wanted to fire the shit out of me. But fuck them. I had made friends with everyone there except for a couple top managers who fucked us all over. Clients liked me, and I knew how to scare people above me.

>> No.234519

American corporate life sounds great.

>> No.234523

>>233178
Tea Partiers are baby boomers you dink.

>> No.234699

>>230701
thats where you look for another job and when you're about to leave they try to keep you

pay raise lel

>> No.234707

>>234519

its as horrible as it sounds

if our country were divided into states as small europe we would have it so much better off outside of war, but the jews would never allow that

>> No.234789

>>234707
We tried that once, it didn't work. Europe has only become strong since uniting their economies (till ya know, they got arrogant and let Greece and Italy in)

>> No.234795

>>234789
>noob who believes revisionist globalist history detected

>> No.234816

>>234789
Hey now, France and Germany deserve just as much blame for lending all that money in the first place.

>> No.234885
File: 968 KB, 245x260, 45e3VEZ.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>231170
>$28,000
yeah... in pretend canada money...

>> No.234899

>>234885
Based on current exchange that is still $25,000. Say what you want, Canada has a strong economy for our population, and lots of natural resources (*cough* which the Americans steal *cough*). Also I'm not the guy you are responding to.

>> No.234901

>>234899
Also out of control tax rates

>> No.234902

>>234899
Canadian here, I lived in a town in Michigan off 15 0000 a year, 500/mth rent, a little for food and entertainment, and I had enough for a car and insurance

how far does that 25 k get you in Canada?

>> No.234906
File: 93 KB, 600x510, cJ5cQZe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>234899
>*Cough Purchase Cough*

fixed that for you.

>> No.234914

>>234902
>how far does that 25 k get you in Canada?
Not that anon, but excluding rent? 25k is a more than comfortable life in most of Canada.
Including rent? You're screwed, because of this fucking bubble in housing prices, and thus rents by association. Stupid, rich Chinese nationals, flooding the Vancouver housing market with money for spaces they'll use once a year; stupid people in the housing market in the rest of Canada, for thinking that we should all follow Vancouver's trend.

If I could have American housing and Canadian everything else, I'd be very happy.

>> No.234923

>>234914
iktfb.
>2x1 Flat
>In a shitty area
>5km from the town center
>$350/week +$1700 bond
>That qualifies as cheap

God i want this fucking bubble to pop already.

>> No.234926

>>234901
Actually they aren't that crazy, and they provide social securities like nice roads with no tolls, healthcare, competitive drug pricing and intensives for businesses, students, and tradesmen.

>Inb4 healthcare is shit
Actually I was having tests done for a foot surgery, and since then I have had over 4 MRI's 3 CT scans and five specialist appointments, all within a year and dates chosen by me because it's benign as hell. Plus when I broke my ankle it too two hours from emerg -> X-Ray -> Cast -> Home and cost $124 for the air cast.

>> 234902
About the same as you have it right now, rents get more expensive closer to TO and food and gas are always pricey.

>>234906

Ok tough guy I get it, you've been fed the American propaganda spoon.

>> No.234928

>>234926
Correct that to Incentives*

>> No.234944

>>230531
Writing your own contract is solid advice. I'm really flabbergasted that anyone would do ANY sort of work without a written contract, especially any of you guys who seem to be professionals. I do freelance wedding DJ'ing for extra income. I told myself I will never do a job for less than $75/hr (more if they want lots of MCing or extras), because I know I wont put 100% in at any less than that, so I print out a contract for that wage at X amount of hours that we agree to, and that I will stay and work for as long as they want afterwards at that rate. I have only had to fall back on it once, and I am glad I had it.

On that note I'd like to share some strategies that work for me, and might help someone here. I will usually explain what I do and how things generally roll out, and ask them what they think is a fair price. Generally anyone hiring you for a skill has an idea what they are going to be paying. Often I get offered more than what I would settle for in which case we write up a contract right there, sometimes I can't give them what they are looking for and I will refer them to someone else. Either way, if they aren't willing to at least sign YOUR contract, then they are flakes and not worth your time or headache.

>> No.234963

>>234928
>>234926
>>234923
>>234914
>>234906
>>234902
>>234901
>>234899
>>234885
>>234816
>>234795
>>234789

Nobody gives a fuck about foreign countries. This is an American website. Made by an American. For Americans. The fact that other English speaking people come here and act like we give a fuck what's happening on their side of the planet still astounds me.

Just ranting.

>> No.234965

>>234963
Actually it was made by a Jap, then plagiarized by an American.

>> No.234966

>>234944

Good post and you're right, anyone not willing to pony up or sign a contract is an immediate no-go.

I find myself even having to put my foot down at a certain point where I can no longer argue with them that a contract is necessary, yes you do need to pay, for the last time I will need to move on if you do not pay right now.

People are so reluctant but when you put the paper down and say I'm going to walk, they finally start acting professional.

>> No.234969
File: 66 KB, 500x500, QBujtls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>234963

Only a matter of time till glorious China takes over.

>> No.234970

>>234965

>American did it better

Naturally

>> No.234975

>>234963
>The fact that other English speaking people come here and act like we give a fuck what's happening on their side of the planet still astounds me.
Most foreign anons on 4chan seem to know that Americans don't give a fuck, so we tend to talk among ourselves about our locales. Just because you encountered these discussions ITT, doesn't mean we're pretending we're relevant to you. Just read threads you like.

>> No.235029

>>234966
Yes, words are wind. Wont sign? Not worth your time.

>> No.235032

>>235029
>Wont sign? Not worth your time.
Words to live by. There is a reason why labor unions are so insistent on putting everything in writing. Managers love to promise shit then forget they said it a month later.

>> No.235072

>>230367
>Management making you feel like you're already being overpaid when you know damn well you deserve more? FUCK THEM

monday i asked for a raise, boss told me in a very dick way that i wont get one

tell him "then im quitting, my last day will be friday"

two days later i found a new job, starting $4 an hour more than i was making. Lots of room for advancement

boss on wednesday tells me that he will give me another $2 per hour to stay
i laugh and tell him thats not enough

start my new job on tuesday. sweet.

>> No.235074

>>235072
this. only this.

>> No.235077

>>235072
Good for you. The economy has been turning around, its not 2008 anymore where you're supposed to suck your bosses dick for a privilege to be employed.

>> No.235122

>>234497
Most translators get peanuts, the really good ones actually make money. If you can pass a test and get a certificate that lets you translate stuff like legal documents, medicine and financial papers. If you get to that level, translation and proofreading is profitable as fuck. I happen to be really good at what i do, but i have to deal with retarded salespeople and HR to get where i want.

I am trying to convince Valve that they need to remake a lot of their translations for a certain game with lots of lore, but i havent even got an answer yet. Anyone have Gabens phone number?

>> No.235135

>>235122
Getting a new set of strings into a game is usually a pain in the sense that you can't actually push it out to people unless you get QA to make sure you didn't accidentally break anything, and then somebody has to build and sign and push the update, and as a result nobody is going to care unless the game is still being maintained and somebody has to do that shit anyways.
If the game is ded, let it lie, man

>> No.235143

>>233652
Higher barrier for entry = higher wage, less competition.

However, most companies in this field require experience.

>> No.235281

>>234963
>This is an American website
Websites don't have nationalities, amerifat.

>> No.235352

>>235281

Typcial Eurofaggot can't handle the truth. You don't matter. That's why you rely on OUR internet and OUR websites.

You don't see any Americans spending time on European boards do you?

Fucking losers.

>lul murrifat lard tard merilard meritards herp

K then.

>> No.235376

>>235352
>don't see any Americans spending time on European boards do you
GO TO >>235281

>> No.235394

>>230373
My ex manager used to talk about how broke he was all the time but he made twice as much as everyone there. He acted like he got peanuts.

>> No.235529

>>235135
The game in question is DotA 2, very much alive. The game itself is in english, but there is a lot of online material that is translated (lore, guides etc.) that i know i can improve. The work i want to do is being done by someone, but that someone is really bad, and im really good.

>> No.235637

I worked at an iron foundry making 11.50 an hour, working close to sixty hour weeks.

I was desperate, and I needed the money because of the new move i had done.

Management was nice until it came time to compensation. I worked hard and became a melt lab technician (analyzed the metal in the furnace before it got sent out) but i found out even with such a position, and even being hired before some people, i was making least amount of pay in the company (there were fucking grinders hired 6 mo after me making a dollar or two more).

Needless to say, i got extremely pissed.

>Your a hard worker anon, you might even get my job some day
But then never gave me a raise.

Then when the new year was going to roll around, they were going to give me a raise. Fuck em, found a new job making 16+ an hour on shitty days, and took it. They told me during the exit interview that the raise would have bumped me up to 12.50 an hour. Fuck em. I almost spat in their goddamn face for that.

God damn nepotism was everywhere in that place. It was the kind of place where they gave the hard workers the hardest job and part of their job so they can take 20 min smoke breaks whenever they needed.

>> No.236662 [DELETED] 

>>235376

>lalala I can't hear you.

You yuropoor faggots really are the trash of the internet.

>> No.236665

>>235376

>DERRP AMERIFAT LARD TARD AMERICUNTS LOL

>AMERICA SUCK GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

>"Hey faggot, this is an American website. For Americans."

>LOL THE INTERNET HAS NO NATIONALITY AMERILARD TARD

Fucking mouthbreathing yuropoors. You really are the trash of the internet.

>> No.236675

>>235394

Acting like they're hard-up for money is the number one trait of people who make wealth on the backs of others.

Even the NICEST Employers I've ever had were sniveling cunts when it came to admitting the lifestyle they had.

Literally everyone in the company sees their assets every day. Million dollar equipment left and right, and we all knew the company was Grossing millions of dollars a year meaning the owners were likely millionaires a few times over.

I have heard employers snort out loud and say "Everyone acts like I'm rich, PFF IM NOT RICH".

These people have issues owning up to their own success and wealth, as if it makes them feel guilty. Fuck them, I say. They must feel guilty for a reason.

>underpaying workers and trying to ingratiate yourselves with them by being acting the 'woe is me i'm so poor'

>> No.236679

>>235637

Fuck working for others.

>> No.236682

>>235637
>Management was nice until it came time to compensation. I worked hard and became a melt lab technician (analyzed the metal in the furnace before it got sent out) but i found out even with such a position, and even being hired before some people, i was making least amount of pay in the company (there were fucking grinders hired 6 mo after me making a dollar or two more).

>Needless to say, i got extremely pissed.

i feel you bro, i worked for a company last year as a welder, and they would send me and a helper to jobsites to work often.
i found out my helper (who was basically my bitch all day and was completely skilless) made $2 more an hour than i did

i found a new job the next day and quit

>> No.236696

>>236682

Nothing feels better than standing up for what you're worth.

>> No.237023
File: 94 KB, 1000x800, 1394352148260.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>230376
Did you renew your unemployment this week anon?

>> No.237027

>>230384
This is why faggots like
>>230376
Ruin it for everyone. ALWAYS get paid half upfront no matter what.

>> No.237054

>>230403
Not sharing it via a live vid feed and demonstrating it with no copy/paste functions other than screenshots.

>Stupid pleb

>> No.237065

>>230426
LOL startups

Do you know how the apps field has stuck around?

1. Apple will only be around as long as they can keep their hardware 'cheap'. It won't last.
2. Business apps. None of this OH HAI GUISE 1 DORRAR APP YOU WORD PROCESSIN NAO
3. ALso, cocks.

>> No.237661

>>234504
Man i had to do this at my door to door sales jobs

I had to fucking give them a invoice s he could pay me since he fucking didnt pay me on months on end.

When i quit i had to go back after waiting for my last transfer didnt come to get the rest.

Man i'm never fucking working for Indians ever again

>> No.237723

>>230376
You never know where your career may lead you anon. Telling someone to fuck off in an interview may not bode so well for you in the future. A lot of people in the same industry from different companies know each other, and words spread.

>> No.237763

>>236665
It clearly says .org, not .us or .de or .ch
This website has no nationality on its own.

Yes, you are indeed retarded.

>> No.237815

>>230376
God damn, you autists have an even bigger entitlement complex than baby boomers.

>> No.237826

>>230873
> Apply, company interested… wants to know how much I want to be paid
> Tell them my situation

I hope telling them your situation didn't mean giving them a number upfront, if so, that is where you fucked up.

>> No.237848 [DELETED] 

>>237763

>FUCK YOU AMERICAAAANSSS

>No. Fuck you, Eurofaggots. This is a website made by an American. Where are YOUR social network sites that everyone is flocking to? Where is European Facebook? Where is European 4chan?

>Th... that doesn't matter, because these websites aren't .US or .GOV! NOT AMERICAN!

Yeah, just keep telling yourselves that you fucking gutter trash.

Moot isn't making money on the work and traffic of Eurofaggots. He made the website as an American and America made 4chan what it is.

>b-but it's a .com so it's technically ALL of ours

Nope.

>> No.237860

>>237763

>FUCK YOU AMERICAAAANSSS

>No. Fuck you, Eurofaggots. This is a website made by an American. Where are YOUR social network sites that everyone is flocking to? Where is European Facebook? Where is European 4chan?

>Th... that doesn't matter, because these websites aren't .US or .GOV! NOT AMERICAN!

Yeah, just keep telling yourselves that you fucking gutter trash.

Moot isn't making money on the work and traffic of Eurofaggots. He made the website as an American and America made 4chan what it is. When Moot cashes out on this shit he's cashing out in U.S. DOLLARS in AMERICAN CURRENCY from a site he made in AMERICA as an AMERICAN. Do you need it explained to to you further?

>b-but it's a .com so it's technically ALL of ours

Fucking welfare faggots, I swear.

>> No.237878
File: 981 KB, 1920x1200, 2343234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>237763

Also, you completely missed the irony you fucking typical Eurotard.

You foreign genetic LEFT-BEHINDS don't seem to grasp that you can't run around flailing your arms in American websites, ranting against America and Americans at every turn, spraying your diarrhetic bullshit all over the walls and STILL CLAIM that "there is no nationality on the internet".

Nationality is the fact that if you came over here acting like you fucking retards act on the internet we would have not only revolted (and won) like we already have - but we would have skipped back over the pond and fucked your existence and history right off the planet.

You fucking genetic backwash are lucky that you even bare a tenuous ancestry with us otherwise you wouldn't even exist. And yet look at you. Constantly pissing on the boots of the U.S. and wanting to take credit for everything we do.

Fuck. You.

>> No.237877

>>230831
>>mfw he fucking told me all these personal things at work completely unprovoked
I hate that shit so much, I'm just a college kid that works in a cafe and this stuff still happens to me. My co workers just decide to tell me their hostory with drugs or whatever and how Jesus saved them and I'm just trying to clean ham slime out of a dish.

>> No.237890

>>237878

Ahem. *bear

>> No.237908

>>237878
Temper temper
GOTO >>235281

>> No.237919

>>237908

>lalala still can't hear you.

Inbred IQ at work. The more you point at a post insisting there is no nationality on the internet, after throwing your shit in the face of Americans for being Americans, the more you miss the irony. The more you miss the irony, the more you highlight the fact that you're a mouth-breather.

>> No.237934
File: 42 KB, 500x468, morans.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>237919
>insisting there is no nationality on the internet
>shit in the face of Americans for being Americans
Apple, meet Orange
>irony
I don't think you know the meaning of the word. Now shove your eagle and your truck up your derriere and fuck off back to /pol/

>> No.237972

>>237934
>Apple, meet Orange

That's not a rebuttal. Hypocrisy was pointed out and you're just flapping the recessed euro-chin of yours more. Typical foreign rat, you've got a pea-brain so you don't actually comprehend the points Americans make, but you're such experts at hissing and biting.

>> No.239427

>>237972
My favorite arguements Europeans make
>Hahahaha America spends so much on military but we have great health care, why is that amerifats?

Because...we have to defend all your borders for you?

>> No.239661

>>239427
>My favorite arguements Europeans make
Strawman much, amerifat?

My favourite argument yanks make:
>U all envy uz
Only niggers and wetbacks envy you This is the truth. No Scandifag or any other Northern or Central Yuroslim spends five seconds dreaming about America. Fact: Scandifags ended their migration to Minnesota somewhere round 1890, about the same time you people stopped being great.

>> No.239692

>>237065
>Do you know how the apps field has stuck around?

was that supposed to be suggestive question? I hope it wasn't, because your reasons 1 and 2 are fucking wrong.

Reason 3 is pretty spot on though.

>> No.239886

>>230517
Im into IT-freelancing.
I get paid every two weeks.
If I dont, I dont work. Zero Exceptions.
The client tries this once, he quickly realize that the half-finished software is utterly useless, he rarely tries this twice.

>> No.239895

>>233018
I recommend Qt-Creator as an IDE:
It lets you create perfect User Interfaces with zero functionality.
That should be enough mock-up for every client.
Problem might be that they keep nagging you later on because "the software looked almost finnished, what is taking you so long?" Not realizing that what they saw had no actual functionality.

If they keep insisting on functionality in the mock-up: rig some rng to the buttonClick() events to print out stuff in the fields of the ui.