[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.21 MB, 2560x1440, cyberpunk7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22623725 No.22623725 [Reply] [Original]

The momentum of the cryptocurrency space has snowballed exponentially over the past decade. Each market cycle to this point has brought a cornucopia of new strides and breakthroughs in blockchain technology. The rapid growth has led to immense profits for an uncountable number of long-term participants.

Adoption continues to spread with increased institutional backing and consumer payment channels. Indeed, all signs point to cryptocurrencies reaching a new plateau on the stage of global commerce. An essential question must be asked at this transitory junction in what appears to be the early stages of another bull market. How far will profit allow the underlying blockchain technology to deviate away from the roots of its essence and justification? There is no better source to reflect upon than the Cypherpunk Manifesto.

That which ages among the best is that which only becomes more biting and significant over time. Originally published by Eric Hughes in March of 1993, the Cypherpunk Manifesto has a short, sweet, and directly to the point message with an especially understated foresight about it that’s decades ahead of its time. It is a must-read for any digital native. It emphasizes the essence of digital privacy, decentralization, censorship-resistance/immutability, and the freedom to remain anonymous at-will. It argues that these principles be made manifest for any form of communication or commerce. Its backbone lies with every individual coder who cherishes the fruits of civil liberties and dares to counter and obsolete the many intrusive and invasive forms of technology with open-source, cryptographically effective solutions for the greater good of society.

>> No.22623739
File: 1.77 MB, 1920x1080, cyberpunk2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22623725
These were the principles that Bitcoin was constructed with and designed to honor. While its inherent technology stays true to this nature (mining aside), the infrastructure that has been built up around it is flawed by design and sacrifices a good number of strengths and freedoms. Most notably are the many vulnerable points of exchange run by central authorities on trust where funds are at risk to be frozen or stolen, KYC (know your customer) policies, and the traceability, restrictions, and risks that come from these two points.

Shortly after BTC found a value that could be directly pegged to the USD (and with the USD, every global currency), a number of exchanges offering trade between the two opened for business. The first of these exchanges was the infamous Mt. Gox which implemented KYC policies by 2011 before exit scamming in early 2014. KYC policies were initially introduced to comply with the many regulations regarding the exchange of various fiat currencies for crypto in addition to demanding a deeper sense of customer accountability. Up until the point that they were introduced, the only sure way it would have been possible to trace specific addresses is if the recipient publicly disclosed their wallet address. KYC brought a considerably more advanced form of traceability with it. In addition to e-mail addresses and bank accounts, everything from names, addresses, full ID info, and pictures of each and every customer became tethered to their respective deposit and withdrawal history. Though somewhat convoluted with the nature of exchange wallets, there are patterns that can be followed and traced.

As BTC continued to grow, so did the number of its forks and competing cryptocurrencies pegged to its value in satoshis. The forks grew to be numerous and with them, the number of centralized C2C exchanges where you could trade them for BTC. Like the fiat-to-crypto exchange points before them, KYC was implemented on numerous C2C exchanges as well.

>> No.22623773
File: 420 KB, 1400x678, cyberpunk3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22623725
>>22623739
Centralized exchanges of all sorts are perhaps the weakest link in entire cryptocurrency space. They have repeatedly proven to be weak in terms of security. This year alone, the following exchanges have been compromised: Binance, Bithumb, Coinbene, Coinbin, Cryptopia, and QuadrigaCX. What’s worse, they’ve sacrificed many of the core principles of the cypherpunks that built Bitcoin in the first place.

How can crypto be censorship-resistant and immutable if exchanges can decide to freeze funds or put a certain wallet into maintenance at whim? How can it be private if every account has every bit of trade, deposit, and withdrawal history it has done tethered to its name? How can it be anonymous at-will if full documentation is demanded, sometimes as a ransom for frozen funds? How can it be secure when billions of dollars have been hijacked from weak security? It could be argued that these exchanges are the antithesis of the cypherpunks: an easily-exploitable honeypot of funds and user data with a central authority.

>> No.22623790

>>22623725
>>22623739
cope
cucknet still has no product

>> No.22623799
File: 485 KB, 1920x1080, cyberpunk4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22623725
>>22623739
>>22623773
Consider the efforts of the X9 Developers building Stakenet. True to the nature of the cypherpunks, they have been working to make these numerous vulnerabilities in the cryptocurrency infrastructure obsolete. To strengthen censorship-resistance and decentralization in this space, they have been implementing an immutable and purely decentralized exchange into their network where no central authority can freeze funds, where exit scamming is impossible, and where security is as tight as the blockchain technology it runs atop. To restore the principle of at-will anonymity, their immutable DEX will have no KYC, nor will it require registered accounts. In the interests of privacy, they have built a solution that allows for one-click TOR lightning swaps that strengthen the privacy of every participating coin and the Lightning Network itself. To strengthen the nature of the decentralized exchanges that are already out there, they are working on a DEX aggregator that pools together the offerings of many promising DEXes suffering from low volume or difficulty of use.

>> No.22623828
File: 1.63 MB, 3840x2160, cyberpunk5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22623725
>>22623739
>>22623773
>>22623799
Put briefly, this team has the foresight and skill to acknowledge and address the numerous risks and shortcomings that anyone coin may face the second it is sent from a private wallet to any other point in trust. They are compounding these solutions into one streamlined and convenient wallet where funds are firmly secured, trustlessly staked, and instantly tradable from one singular point.

To build up the world of cryptocurrency is to honor the ways of the cypherpunks and carry on their torch. It is to fight for freedom from the intrusiveness and corruption of centralized authorities by obsoleting them. It is preserving the privacy of funds, resisting mutability, and decentralizing any and everything which stands to benefit from it. Whether that be a store of value, the means by which that value is secured and traded, or the platforms on which these mechanisms are discussed. This era of mass-censorship, intrusiveness, digital balkanization, and monopolies from many of the premier digital spaces not only shows how right they were 26 years ago but that there is still a considerable amount of work to do.

>> No.22623995

Delete

>> No.22624570

>>22623725
just post the medium article you since

no one's gonna read all this shit on a schizo op lol

>> No.22624653

Cringe. This is a UNI board faggot. Fuck off with your pajeet scam

>> No.22624939
File: 2.38 MB, 4448x5904, xsn fud.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22623790
>>22624570
>>22624653
For those of you that are unaware, there has been one anon, or perhaps several, who have been relentlessly FUDing Stakenet for the past several months(pic related)

Much like Chainlink and other successful projects I have been invested in that I first discovered on this board, during the period of accumulation it was clear that exponential rates of returns were inevitable. As such, there will always be parties that aim to suppress the price for as long as possible so that they can accumulate as much as they can at the lowest prices. If you fall for such tactics and instead dont use them as a buying indicator, you will never make it.

>> No.22624985

>>22624939
I hold an MN and plz stop posting threads.
Nobody should ever post an XSN thread again until they finish Raiden integration. They won't even give a date on when this will happen.
At this point its vaporware.

>> No.22625071

>>22624939
didnt read, not buying

>> No.22625361

how does LINK fit in with XSN?

>> No.22626273

>>22625361
LINK unlocks the potential in smart contracts by actually allowing them to work

XSN facilitates decentralised Decentralised, instant, private, cheap interhcain trading between all lightning capeable crypto's. This is something the entire market desperately needs.

LINK solves the oracle problem. XSN solves the transaction fee/scaling problem.

I am so grateful to be able to have invested in both at the ground level, and it's all thanks to /biz/.

>>22625071
its cunts like this who want to ruin it for everybody. but he will fail. the cat is out of the bag.

>> No.22626706

DRNS

>> No.22627745

Bomp

>> No.22628321

Worst XSN pasta there is.

>> No.22629222

>>22628321
not an argument, thank you for the bump

>> No.22629280

I am bored of the costant XSN shilling
Eth 2.0 already solves this

>> No.22629447

>>22629280
Can't you just go to another thread then, I'm tired of all the fudding.

>> No.22629661
File: 792 KB, 1672x2360, triggered_bobo_collection_2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22624985
>>22628321
>>22629280
>bobos hate xsn
>but they have to talk about and go into xsn threads everyday
>first thing on their mind when they wake up
>like a bird flying south they must find xsn threads and spam tired fud

>> No.22630026

>>22623725
>cyberpunk
cypherpunk

>> No.22630588

>>22624939
wow, rent free much
why do you believe it's one person that's pretty weird to think that

>> No.22630715
File: 141 KB, 980x742, 1478432275031.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22630588
>wow, rent free much
Feel free to seethe and cope more CZ.

>> No.22630725

>>22630588
the xsn fudder is but some deadwood bundled into one colossal faggot

>> No.22630764

>>22630715
>>22630725
at least try to convince me
I'm not here to fud, not even invested why the fuck should I fud
them not having a product is a bad sign
I know an 8m mc coin with a better product,
theoretically, there is no reason for me to buy anything else but I'm still a little interested in cucknet

>> No.22630782

>>22630764
>not here to fud
>them not having a product is a bad sign
This is fud. Go test the dex yourself.

>> No.22630784
File: 167 KB, 1160x1420, xsn fud2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22630764
take your shitty uniswap scam and get the fuck out of here

>> No.22630809

>>22630764
"seethe"
>Old English seoþan "to boil," also figuratively, "be troubled in mind, brood"
see you tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day

>> No.22630884
File: 8 KB, 250x202, Contempt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22630764
>at least try to convince me
Sure, fuck off. Convinced yet?

>> No.22630931

>>22630782
link
>>22630784
>>22630809
>>22630884
just merely by your replies I can tell you guys are a bunch of faggots
there was literally no reason to further insult me
really shows what a great community you faggots have

>> No.22631059
File: 19 KB, 520x490, poor anon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22630931
do get some ice on your boo-boos

>> No.22631152

questions about hydra.
so they say that any erc-20 token will be able to give some coins to a masternode, and then that node can run that pair. but how the fuck is that going to work, i thought we were all in this together, hosting a decentralised exchange.

how is one masternode holding coins decentralised. that's essentially a cex at that point.

also yankee keeps talking about
>depositing coins to increase liquidity
but how, it's a p2p dex. how is the masternode holding coins providing liquidity, are you saying it has some matchmaking service in the code? where is that code, cause i can't see anything about that, unless they've not started coding the dex yet.

also don't all masternodes have to run the same code and check each other so that they can tell if one's being a bad actor, isn't that the point in masternodes? i don't get it bros, what's the point in nodes just doing their own thing .

>> No.22631296
File: 82 KB, 1200x474, 734892429738794789423427389.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22624939
>Mfw I'm the actual real fudder in some of those screencaps
>Mfw I havent visited a stakenet thread in months since I filtered them out
>Mfw I've been living rent free in stakeshitter heads for months

>> No.22631332

>>22630931
https://discord
.com/invite/cyF5yCA

>> No.22631341
File: 84 KB, 476x406, TRANSFER.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ROT helps you understand

Get into ROT, you'll feel a little less retarded

I prefer to be a ROT chad

YOU WANT BIG COCKS IN YOUR MOUTH HUH ANONS?

I HAVE NO SHAME ANONS

Here's a better summary of what having no shame means:

RottenSwap, a deflationary SushiSwap fork, with no dev fund so no Chef Nami rug pull.

>The main differences are:
1. no dev fund
2. The SUSHI is rotten. Every transfer, 2.5% of the amount is burnt and transformed into MAGGOT tokens. The MAGGOT tokens are valueless since they are highly inflationary, but the rotten sushi (ROT) is expected to go up in value as the supply is highly deflationary.

>What is the governance?
Once enough rotten sushi (ROT) have been farmed so that a cheap attack is no longer possible, the ZombieChef contract ownership will be transferred to the governance contract. There is no ROT dev fund (no rug pull).

>What does the MAGGOT token do?
Nothing. It will be up to the governance to decide its purpose. RottenSwap is a random experiment with no purpose.

>When does the staking start?
it literally just started 30 mins ago. GET IN HERE.

https://twitter.com/TheTimTempleton/status/1307043687554314240

www.dextools.io/app/uniswap/pair-explorer/0x5a265315520696299fa1ece0701c3a1ba961b888

app.uniswap.org/#/swap?inputCurrency=0xd04785c4d8195e4a54d9dec3a9043872875ae9e2

rottenswap.org/#/

t.me/rottenswap

Only 35 holder and 200k+ APY and 20k marketcap. A few eth is worth a gamble of an easy 10x if it pops off like any other foodswap.

Already 100 eth LIQUIDITY, only 90k TVL for ROT-ETH - YOU'RE EARLY. 100K MARKETCAP.

Coingecko listing has been applied for.

>> No.22631346

>>22631152
I'm just speculating, but I'd guess that "holding" coins doesn't necessarily equate centralization in the way I believe you're thinking. I.e. coins could perhaps be set up as collateral from the person providing liquidity (?), which will in turn be mediated by one or more masternodes (?).

The more people that provide liquidity, and the more masternodes that mediate (host?) said liquidity, the less centralized the whole operation would become in that case. I mean, sure, if there's a single liquidity provider and a single masternode providing all the liquidity for a certain coin/token, that'd be very centralized, they would have all the power, but my guess would be that anyone could be set up as a liquidity provider considering they actually had the coins? Dunno. Regarding the code I also have no idea, you should probably ask your questions on the discord. I would also like to know as they are interesting questions.

>> No.22631349

>>22631152
Adding coins through masternodes is still in the concept phase. This isn't a priority just yet. Eth client needs to be integrated and stable. Raiden must be added and hydra will be a while too.

>> No.22631407

>>22631349
>hydra will be a while too.
>a while
literally have written 0 lines of code for it as of today.

>> No.22631421

>>22631407
Depends on how you view it. Still need to go through stage 1 + 2 before hydra comes.

>> No.22631430

>>22631152
With the right VPS specs in mind, the Hydra network should function similar to the way an elastic cloud does.
A lot of CEXs offset or opt-out entirely of managing their own server farms in favor of cloud servers via AWS.
In a way, this is a weak-point for a lot of CEXs as co-dependence on one 3rd party elastic cloud provider with no immediate substitutes can lead to mass outages. This happened once before when an AWS server farm in Tokyo went down.
https://www.coindesk.com/amazon-cloud-outage-causing-major-issues-at-some-crypto-exchanges
Current XSN MN VPS hosting options are very open-ended to the point that one could run one entirely in their own house.
This combined with an elastic cloud approach should allow for a robust network where hosting is done from a diverse amount of places. In the event that one provider goes down, it only takes that portion of the network.

What would be more centralized? Telling every participating masternode "you have to list every coin on the DEX", or having an intra-competitive masternode network where Hydra nodes are customizable and can be more properly suited for specific markets?
There should be varying degrees and levels of risk to which an individual VPS can participate in the network so those who prefer stable markets in Bitcoin and Ethereum can provide stability and those in LINK markets can provide dedicated support and those in high-risk ERCs can take risks competing with each other for greater shares of the trading fees of one particular token no one else wants to host.
Like with any exchange, community engagement is important and that's what has built the DEX so far.
I think in engaging people and demand, the DEX will offer markets with good variety and fair pricing.

>> No.22631597

>>22631346
i will ask later.

>>22631430
yeah but i still don't get how some nodes doing their own thing is decentralized. again i thought that masternode coding essentially boils down to checking other nodes, providing security etc. so how can one node just do what it wants without other nodes being like yo dude wtf.

like they talk about shitcoins buying nodes to be dex hubs. wtf man, i want the fees to go through all masternods. not just the ones that buy hubs. also, i want the price of a node to be so high that, that can't happen anyway.

>Telling every participating masternode "you have to list every coin on the DEX"
even so, like how's it going to fucking work? there's no information on it. are us mnaas plebs going to have to learn code so we can run the orderbook? at least give us some information just now so i can start to learn, what's it going to entail...cause if that's the case then a lot of people are going to be up shit creek.

>> No.22631646
File: 121 KB, 1007x1024, 1597441976304.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22631430
Thanks for the very interesting post. So what you mean is that every masternode owner will be able to choose which services they want to provide? So essentially, someone creates a dApp, and then anyone with a masternode can choose to host said dApp? It's not that they necessarily have to host them? Would it be possible for people to create apps that have been limited to centrally be hosted by a few masternodes in this case? Also, let's say I have a token I want to provide liquidity for on the network, would I have to establish individual contract(s) with every masternode that want to help me provide this liquidity? Thanks in advance.

>> No.22631696
File: 2.70 MB, 1920x950, DEX RAIDEN.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Theres a lot of technical questions ITT that can be addressed and you are best off directly asking the developers who are very transparent.

Dont loose sight of the big picture. A lightning DEX with Raiden integration is very much the absolute priority right now and they are working on it at full pace. This alone will bring about a multi billion dollar evaluation. Once this technical milestone is reached and the dev's start bringing in income from DEX fee's, the project will gain a snowball effect of momentum and it will be onwards to hydra.

>> No.22632144

>>22631597
What's decentralized is the P2P exchange of different assets between two remote parties.
All Hydra nodes will still function as traditional masternodes. All Hydra nodes will still partake in sharing block rewards. All Hydra nodes should be open to configuration.
All tx done through Hydra nodes will burn 10% of the fees they accrue.
For stronger markets, this could possibly lead to more competition at a hardware level. Lower power, more throughput, more competitive fees, etc.
I could see MNaaS being expanded upon to offer different services.
>>22631646
I believe it's a matter more where MNs are code-agnostic and equally capable of partaking in or opting out of certain dApps. I suppose someone could make their own custom Hydra node and then make a completely closed source dApp that runs solely on their node but it would stay contained to that one node.

>> No.22632418

>>22624939
lol I'm an xsn holder not fudding the project itself but your autistic representation of it

posting this is definitely schizo, you should have posted the OP with all the links to actual project info and resources.

>> No.22632513

>>22631597
nodes won't be hosting the coins themselves. nodes will be the consensus mechanism for the L2 solutions.

>> No.22632543
File: 104 KB, 1280x591, A23D1043-AB6D-4D4F-B7EC-C016EC4E5812.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22623725
That’s fine, Honey

>> No.22632783

>>22632418
XSN definitely has dedicated haters. They spam fud even when there aren't any XSN threads up.
Free promotion.

>> No.22633244

bump

>> No.22633337
File: 386 KB, 1191x793, 1599588654280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

xsn 5$ eoy
screencap me fags