[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.12 MB, 1600x1257, 1516714985-6623f6f22f0f0659a769b6e938b4db7d302a83961e498e1bb1b4000fdf8c5d9c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21163299 No.21163299 [Reply] [Original]

Yeah call me faggot for this but im sure some of you are in this position as well.

Lets say you have pulled some friends aside 3 years ago and told them about chainlink seriously when it was at $1 several times to invest because you genuinely want to help them and want the best for them in life. But they ignore, think you are trying to scam them, or they can't afford it...whatever the reason

But now that link has massively gone up shouldn't they now realize your intention for them?

If they dismissed what you were trying to do for them in the first place, is this a sign that one should walk away from these friends?

Thx in adv for replies.

>> No.21163366

>>21163299
Huh? I did this and I don't feel the weird savior complex entitlement you're feeling. Its whatever bro, their loss. They shouldnt be groveling at your feet about how right you were, I'm sure if you're a good friend you'll know they feel shitty enough. I feel slight smugness that I took the risk and they didnt tho

>> No.21163428

Not expecting anyone to gravel at my feet. I don't feel entitled to anything. But if they go about their life not realizing what I was trying to do for them, isn't that a red flag?

>> No.21163493

>>21163299
no you fucking smooth brain "hey invest your money into a highly volatile and risky asset you know nothing about. trust me bro it'll be big" you're asking people to be willing to loose all the money they invest in some unknown asset instead of themselves they're retarded for not buying but saying they aren't worth being your friend because of that is even more fucking retarded than that

>> No.21163514

imagine the smell

>> No.21163544

99% of times people say "hey bro i have this amazing opportunity" it goes to nothing. If you're willing to judge them that harshly for not taking a chance, they're probably better off not having you as a friend.

>> No.21163553

>>21163428
No bro, if they treat you the same and care about you too then its whatever. Their loss.

>> No.21163599
File: 706 KB, 1638x2048, 1573511664100.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21163366
This. Friendship isn't like in hollywood movies unfortunately. We are all quite individual. Just enjoy the time you have with them for its own sake. Don't expect loyalty or that you will be saving each other. We are all alone, and merely ships that pass in the night - a signal lantern and a greeting across the water, then silence again.
If you want loyalty type behaviour you would have to have tightly aligned goals - all in the same army unit fighing the taliban - or youre a caveman living with your cavebros and hunting mammoths, or your a LinkMarine living in a neo-citadel who has smart contracts to incentivise correct behaviour from his harem of asian maids

>> No.21163638

>>21163299
Similar position. it's not your job to run their lives. sure you could do it better but it's not your job. share the wealth, treat them, but I'm sure they are dying a little inside each day. as was said earlier 99% of the time, get rich (slowly) schemes turn out to be dust. we found the 1%. and it's 1% for a reason.

>> No.21163679

I ain't got no motherfucking friends

>> No.21163751

dont fucking judge your friends for not wanting to buy into your investment whether it worked out in the end or not. imagine one of your friend pushes you to buy some ponzi looking shit, you refuse, his shit moons, and he gloats or turn his back on you. and if his shit crashes, he’ll be massively be embarrassed and/or resent you for being right. its a lose/lose.

>> No.21163894

>>21163299
first they ignore you
then they laugh at you
then they argue that your wrong dawg
then they like fuck i shoulda known HOW DO I BUY AHHHHHHH

>> No.21164122

>>21163299
I told a couple of my mates about it but only those that already held cryptos and understand investing. They didn't listen to me until both finally bought decent stacks(around 800 each) around 7-8 bucks when it really started to kick. It takes a lot of faith to invest a decent amount of money on a recommendation from a friend. I purposely haven't told a lot of my other friends about my holdings despite following it for 2 years because a lot of them have shit on crypto in the past. You have very little to gain if telling lots of people about it because if it tanks they see you as responsible. The 2 buddies I got in on it know the risks of investing and are deserving and I'm enjoying helping them out

>> No.21164365

>>21163299
Friends are a tricky business, OP. When you become befriend with a person, you're befriending an entire person, not just the parts of them that you like. You're befriending their bad habits, their dirty secrets, the shitty things they've done in the past, and the shitty things they'll do in the future.
So really what you have to ask yourself is "how much is my friendship worth?" If you drop your friends when it's not easy to be their friend anymore, then your friendship wasn't worth very much in the first place.
Whatever conclusion you come to about who your friends are, what you do with that information decides who YOU are.

>> No.21164603

>>21163299
Biz didn’t tell me it’s chinklink

>> No.21164758

>>21163493
High volatile investment... Yes if they actually invested and it goes to shit, they will blame and discredit you... tell others about you etc. That is certainly a risk one is willing to take for friends to gain financially.

Most people will keep this shit a secret and rise above their friends. Im simply not that kind of person. But if results came out positive, shouldn't they at least recognize what you were trying to do for them in the first place?

>>21163751
There's no gloating. Not sure where you're getting that from. No one is judging anyone for not buying.

Most link investors wouldn't tell their friends because there's no benefit when they succeed and there's a ton of negative circumstances of it doesnt.

Also, I don't turn my back on friends. Did you even read OP?

>> No.21164850

>>21163894
>>21164122
>>21164365

Thanks I appreciate your thoughts!