[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 6 KB, 300x168, 23948294234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21118607 No.21118607 [Reply] [Original]

Okay faggots, we need to have a talk about holochain and holofuel. I know that you guys love LINK and other shitcoins but this is really important.

First you need to understand the difference between holochain and holofuel.

Holochain is a framework to build decentralized applications, it’s different from blockchain in the sense that in blockchain everybody needs to have all the data in their nodes, if you want to have a node in the bitcoin network you need to have a copy of all the past transactions of everybody in the world.

Holochain is different, remember that this is a framework to build truly decentralized applications, so you as developer can build an app that follow the rules that makes sense to your app.

Every app built with holochain is their own network, like if I want to build a twitter clone in holochain I can create some rules that my app should have at least 3 copies of a post stored randomly in some nodes, an example is Craig posted a tweet, this tweet will be stored in his node and 3 more, if someone goes to their profile and Craig is offline the other two nodes will serve you the information.

>> No.21118631
File: 142 KB, 750x750, 1556298915908.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There is no central server, the data is yours. This part is important, imagine that one of you anons wants to build a decentralized 4chan that no government can take it down, and the rule is that every participant of the decentralized 4chan has to hold 1% of the forum. This means that if the fed decides to take it down the website, they just can’t. This is a wet dream for something like a piratebay copy.

The idea behind of how everybody can trust in what they are reading is the true is simple, you don’t need to hold all of the data, you just need to have a way to confirm that everybody is using the same code and following the same rules, how would you do that? You can create a hash of the original code and use as signature to post, if other nodes see that the hash is different they will flag you and you would have forked the code.

>> No.21118666
File: 42 KB, 749x469, 1556234745350.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Now we will talk about holofuel.

In the perfect world everybody would hold a piece of the community they are participating, if you want to post on decentralized 4chan/reddit/piratebay/etc you should allocate some part of your cpu and storage to help your community to grow.

But how adoption would occur? We need a way for normies to just type something in their browser and access decentralized reddit.

What if there was a way for us to pay some nodes in exchange of power and storage? That’s basically the idea of holofuel, you build a decentralized application and wants to share with people that don’t want to have a node, you can pay hosts to host you data, like digital ocean or AWS but completely decentralized, fucking brilliant.

Now for the important part, how much a holofuel/HOT will cost? How much power you’ll be able to buy with one holofuel/HOT? Well my dear degenerate friend, nobody knows, but we have to think differently here, market cap does not apply to holofuel because hosts will dictate how much they will charge in holofuel for some storage and computational power.

>> No.21118696
File: 407 KB, 702x641, 1533931214861.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Let’s think here, right now we are in the finals steps in the alpha of holofuel, holochain already works and there is a bunch of apps being develop with the framework, but holofuel is almost in beta.

When beta goes live, real holofuel will begin to be traded for power, like REAL power, not something dumb like smart contracts that will never be used in a large scale. You’re buying decentralized cloud computing and storage, ethereum is not the enemy here, AWS is.

So Joe is a node, and he is charging 1 holofuel for x hours of computational power and x of gb storage, but Craig is a host too and is charging 1 holofuel for x*2 hours of computational power and x*2 gb of storage, people will prefer to buy from Craig because they can have more for less, so Joe will have to make a better offer gain customers.

Now 1 holofuel buys a lot more power, so 1 holofuel is more valuable in dollars, do you get it? Nodes will compete against each other and will generate cheap power and storage in exchange of holofuel, so holofuel will need to go up in fiat to compensate.

There is a lot more to talk about how this shit is going to moon like nothing else, old anons know that this team is fucking fantastic and this project is in the making for the pas 4 years, they are almost there, probably by the end of this year beta will go live and the price will go insane, I really want to see a bunch of NEETs rich so this is why I’m explaining all of this.

DYOR and for fucks sake buy HOT.

https://medium.com/h-o-l-o/holo-fuel-economics-101-c9631d63014a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCtYrHJebs

>> No.21118769
File: 32 KB, 700x700, 4B9BDEDA-2FDC-4516-A206-DBC1395A0DC7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Based and feet-pilled. It’s been a wild ride but I’ve been in since 2018. Also ETH genesis wallet

>> No.21119193
File: 121 KB, 1462x2046, 1526155619423.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>reddit
the thread