[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 31 KB, 728x483, 1592357798189.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20190685 No.20190685 [Reply] [Original]

Board seems like a cesspool of shills, where do I go to learn/get relatively unbiased information to get into crypto?
Appreciate any tips anons can give.

>> No.20190713

>>20190685
>lesson 1
No one gives a fuck about you and only care about getting richer
Thats it.

>> No.20190779

You will get used to it. >90% of this board is trash like Pajeets shilling their scams to each other.
Learn to filter it out and you will get decent advice here from time to time

>> No.20190807

>>20190685
I would smash the fuck out of that window lol

>> No.20190828

>>20190685
Welcome to the LINK Cultist meetup and curry bazaar, anon. Hope you enjoy your stay.

>> No.20190863

>>20190713
Then its in your interest to sell me and a couple lurkers potentially on why to bring new money into crypto and pump your holdings.

>> No.20190871

>>20190685
Watch at least 20 Andreas Antonopoulos vids on youtube and read the Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous

>> No.20190940

>>20190871
This.

Also I’ve gotten good tips here. My advise is look at the etherscan for anything fishy. Look at the website for pajeet tier underdevelopment AND more importantly kike tier overdevelopment to look like a shiny turd. Then, if you really give a shit, go into the github and see the latest commits, check out the discord’s and telegrams right at a heartbeat on the pajeet/kike/normie ratio. That’s all I’ve got for basic rundown, there’s probably way more for more advanced users.

>> No.20190967
File: 85 KB, 750x542, 1591400801346.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20190828
>>20190779
When national flags baka

>> No.20190988

>>20190685

Come to us fren, we trade cryptos since 2013

Discord -> hy9uM5

>> No.20190995

>>20190940
Or he can just buy link stupid degenerate shitcoin gambler

>> No.20191021

>>20190871
>how to become a toxic bitcoin maximalist

>> No.20191032

>>20190871
thnx will check out

>> No.20191398

>>20190685
there isn't anywhere that will give you good information.
This place works because you can see what they want you to think and then induce what you should actually think

>> No.20191484

The monero0xmr telegram can help you if you need it.

>> No.20191572
File: 2.93 MB, 480x600, cake.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20190685
you actually have the answer already op, you're there. the fact that this place seems like a cesspool of shills is not a coincidence, it's to make sure the unworthy do not get what they don't deserve. having to sift through shit to find the good hidden away is what makes this place the best, it will sharpen your own critical thinking and force you to form your own opinions. now that you're here, just embrace it. god speed fren

>> No.20191669

>>20190685
>Board seems like a cesspool of shills, where do I go to learn/get relatively unbiased information to get into crypto?
That doesn't exist.
Crypto is not like stocks, bonds, or real estate. It doesn't produce anything, you can only make money by selling it to a bigger idiot that will hold your bags. As much as crypt retards will try to deny it, it's pure gambling.
Therefore, everyone involved in crypto will try to shill their bags to you.

Just leave while you can, this is gambling, not investing.
Don't be a retard.

>> No.20191714

>>20191021
It's not about maximalism, you'll learn a lot about economics and general crypto along the way. Andreas says himself it's more nuanced than simple maximalism.

>> No.20191777

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw3WkySh_Ho

This should be first stop for any bitcoin newbie imo. Gets into the detail of how it works very well.

>> No.20191796

>>20190685
Reddit.com

>> No.20191797
File: 55 KB, 258x360, 1565490286940.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20191669
>Crypto is not like stocks, bonds, or real estate. It doesn't produce anything,
fucking retarded boomers will literally never understand.
just kill yourself already old man. you're too stupid for me to even begin to explain what smart contracts are and how they can benefit every single industry on the planet.

>> No.20191823
File: 146 KB, 600x974, 80a.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20191021
>>how to become a toxic bitcoin maximalist

>> No.20191833

>>20190685
RLC is the next Google

>> No.20192273

>>20191797
So?
Electricity has a lot of applications, should I go out and buy copper cables?
How does holding those tokens generate you money?

The key to wealth is passive income, not holding different internet Chuck E. Cheese tolkens in the hope that your particular Chuck E. Cheese tolken is going to go up in value.

>> No.20192341

>>20190988
imagine trading cryptos since 2013 and not having made it
there were TWO bullruns between then and now, and the 2017 one was a 100x multiplier
you basically have to have made terrible choices again and again to be trading crypto since 2013, which means even a 2020 newfag ought to have more authority than you

>> No.20192343

>>20191572
except don't read it too much. I read about LINK in 2018 but people here were being so cringy about it i avoided it because i didn't want to get rich with them, now i realize the entire market is more manipulated than stocks and it doesn't matter whats in the white paper, just buy the shit people make the best memes of

>> No.20192397

>>20192273
chuck went bankrupt, time for a new analogy

>> No.20192398

>>20192273
>not holding different internet Chuck E. Cheese tolkens in the hope that your particular Chuck E. Cheese tolken is going to go up in value.
you're describing most stocks in that sentence
if the entire boomer ponzi market wasn't overvalued as is since 2007 and QE (it was), we lost any semblance of connection to the real economy now that minimum reserve requirements are 0 down from 10%

>> No.20192419

>>20192273
if only there were a chuck e cheese token that was going to be used by every single industry adopting smart contracts as collateral on a data servicing network underpinning billions, trillions in assets
oh well, i guess you're right. youre better off sticking to silver and your Roth IRA

>> No.20192450

>>20192273
PASSIVE
INCOME
FROM
STAKING

>> No.20192483

coingeek.com is the only objective crypto news outlet

>> No.20192484
File: 342 KB, 632x676, 1521781206038.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20192343
in every other instance I'd say you probably won't make it, but in this case with link, yes all you needed to do was buy the coin with the best means

>> No.20192500 [DELETED] 

one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one one

>> No.20192576

>>20190807
It's almost permission.

>> No.20192709

>>20192398
The capitalist system relies on long term increasing in production and consumption. We're talking years/decades.
If that doesn't happen, the system will collapse. At that point you're as fucked as I am. Crypto relies on the current global capitalist system.
If crypto collapses? No big deal, global capitalism will still be going.

>> No.20192802

>>20192709
90% sure this is bait but on the off chance you're actually completely ignorant to every single thing crypto has to offer -
you will be left in the dust in the next 10 years old man. you will be clinging to these ideas 50 years from now saying everyone who bought cryptocurrency got lucky.
there is no luck here. i did my research, i understood the problems, i understood the solutions, and i invested based on technology i know that will optimize and increase profit margins for every industry on earth.

>> No.20192882

>>20192802
How does holding these tokens generate you money? (Besides selling them to people who believe they will go up on value)
Can you buy things with them (besides drugs or other crypto)?

>> No.20192937

>>20192484
that's literally been my entire life. i do things right except for the one and only time i try it, in that case it's a special instance when doing the wrong thing was right. I hate being alive.

>> No.20192961

>>20192882
>How does holding these tokens generate you money?
Chainlink is a decentralized oracle network. To put it into simple terms, it is a data delivery network. All data that needs to be fed into blockchain will require using an Oracle, Chainlink is the announced oracle for basically every single project to ever exist so far.
In order to service data to a data requester, a Chainlink node has to put up LINK tokens as collateral.
Therefore, by holding (and ultimately putting LINK tokens up as collateral), you will be servicing data requests. These data requests cost money. Every single person who uses their LINK tokens as collateral for these requests receives a cut of that payment. Every single data request generates money for LINK holders.

>Can you buy things with them
I can convert any cryptocurrency into USD in my US Bank account within 24 hours. I can get the transaction sent off in less than 5 minutes, it just takes a whole fucking day for US Bank to recognize the incoming deposit because its legacy boomer shit

>> No.20193000
File: 43 KB, 538x593, 2ED7F96E-81D1-4247-9A70-76FDF9998D33.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good thread OP, I’m in the same boat. We’ll make it some day

>> No.20193046
File: 273 KB, 1032x611, 1562764305440.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20190685
You should unironically go over to the Pi thread, pick one of the invitation codes shilled there and join. I'll not say which code is mine.
The App Mining isn't really that big a deal. However, if they eventually implement the marketplace as described in the white paper any anon with a sliver of entrepreneurial spirit will make significant money from this retarded shitcoin. Just read the white paper, it literally takes less than 10 minutes. Pi just cracked 6 Million users and 99.9% of them are retarded normies and illiterate thirdworlders who have no idea of Pi's hidden potential or how to exploit it.

>> No.20193142

>>20192882
holy shit you are not going to make it. but this will be my good deed for today, 1 spoonfeed.

The tokenomics of the LINK token.

1. Chainlink nodes will be paid in LINK tokens only. There will be conversion tools for people that want to use fiat but will be converted to LINK. at the end of the day only LINK tokens can power the network since the nature of ERC-677 token, built specifically for LINK, is to transfer data.
2. LINK tokens are used as collateral value. Smartcontracts will use Chainlink nodes that carry a % value of LINK to the value of the Smartcontract. So yes, you can start a node without LINK but no one will use it. High value smartcontracts or any contract that has value will use nodes that carry the same or a % of value of LINK.
3. Decentralized networks that are home to smartcontracts will need decentralized data to execute. Chainlink is currently the only option. Thats why you will see everyone in this space partner with Chainlink
So....
Smart contract creators will demand a certain level of reputation or amount of collateral, to be paid in LINK tokens, that suits the value of their smart contract. A $1million bond would require a lot more collateral, than, say a smart contract dealing with $100. You wouldn't select the low rep/low collateral available nodes for something like a huge bond. Chainlink is actually targeting these high value contracts. Sergey has discussed at length why high value contracts in the financial world require a decentralized oracle: it puts all the risk onto the oracle rather than the smart contract creator. The smart contract creator doesn't risk losing money - the node operators do. The Chainlink network is genius like that.
There is infinite amount of collateral available because the token price can rise to meet it.
Now you have to research how large ALL these markets are. derivatives, insurance etc... hint: Trillions.
Is 1000$ really possibly in say the next 3-4-5 years?

>> No.20193213

>>20192937
don't beat yourself up anon, link is still comparatively cheap, when it hits 100, you'll be asking yourself, "why didn't I buy at 6?" just buy as much as you can, don't try to time the dips, and then sit on your hands for the next 2-3 years

>> No.20193364

>>20192961
>>How does holding these tokens generate you money?
>All data that needs to be fed into blockchain will require using an Oracle, Chainlink is the announced oracle for basically every single project to ever exist so far.
Is anyone using this network?
Data transfers in the real world need to be very fast. Blockchain will always lag behind centralised solutions, and that makes sense. It's a trade off you're making between speed and decentralisation, that's just how mathematics work.

>Every single person who uses their LINK tokens as collateral for these requests receives a cut of that payment.
Is this cheaper or faster than something offered by a centralised solution in a server (e.g. on AWS)?
I bet the answer to both is "no". So why would any company use it?

Also, you need to actually be able to exchange these "collateral tokens" for goods and services, which brings me to my next point:
>>Can you buy things with them
>I can convert any cryptocurrency into USD in my US Bank account within 24 hours.
That doesn't answer the question.
You can't buy things with it, you can only convert it to currencies which are accepted. And paying fees on top of that.

>But it will be accepted in the future.
Cool, can I borrow your crystal ball?
There's no substantial adoption going on, at least nothing that would justify this hype. You're betting far too much money on a very small set of events that need to happen in order to pay off. Even if they do pay off, they would have to pay off enough to be worth the opportunity cost of not investing your money somewhere else.

>> No.20193490

>>20193142
No corporation used cryptocurrencies for anything, ever. Not once. They use blockchain technologies but never cryptos. LINK would be the first. It's not impossible, but very unlikely, don't expect corps to pump your bags.
The entire crypto industry is built on speculative retail investment, it's a stockmarket for gamblers, that's all it is. Name a single project that has actually delivered on their sci-fi babble vaporware.

>> No.20193527

>>20193490
Based

>> No.20194162

>>20193364
wow a reasonable anon here

>> No.20194532

>>20193364
I'll start off by saying that i am genuinely not trying to sell you anything. I mean that, I have my beliefs and you have yours, but I truly am not trying to sell you anything here. That being said, I enjoy a healthy discourse.

>Is anyone using this network?
Yes. There have been millions of job runs already. And this is just counting the blockchain space. This is of course before Oracle production integration, Baseline Protocol (lead by Microsoft and EY) production integration, and BSN (China's blockchain service network) production integration. All of which have already been announced as using Chainlink oracles.

>Data transfers in the real world need to be very fast
There is no trade-off to make in using a blockchain vs a centralized solution in terms of data transfer speed. This is a common misconception. Data transfers on the Ethereum network are capable of working in real time, right now. This isn't even taking into account ETH 2.0 or other future scaling solutions, but there are solutions live today that can handle this.

>Is this cheaper or faster than something offered by a centralized solution.
The issue with your point here is that AWS or any other centralized solution is incapable of performing the same functionality as Chainlink. They could of course build an identical solution to Chainlink, but it would take a lot of time. It would also not be collateralized by tokens in that the data servicers are (extremely) financially incentivized to provide accurate and fast responses. Another strength to a decentralized network is in the fact that anyone at any time can add new feeds, meaning the reliability increases dramatically as you can have any multitude of data aggregators, whereas with a centralized solution you are relying on their personal team to build out hundreds, thousands of different data sources to retrieve from.
part 1

>> No.20194577

>>20193364
>>20194532
part 2.
>But it will be accepted in the future
I never said this, I dont ever think I will be able to exchange my Chainlink tokens for a dominos pizza. The fees are basically nothing. Cheaper than all ATM fees for traditional banks.

>Theres no substantial adoption going on
I refer you to my previous points.
Oracle, Microsoft, EY, Splunk, IBM, NASDAQ, BSN, all have announced blockchain solutions that use Chainlink. There is a conference today actually with the president of Interwork Alliance about this exact topic.
"Enterprise adoption of smart contracts and blockchain"

>> No.20194598

>>20190685
cryptocurrency
/ˈkrJptəʊˌkʌr(ə)nsi/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a digital currency in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of currency and verify the transfer of funds, operating independently of a central bank.

If it doesn't fit the definition of cryptocurrency its a scam. Aka if its not PoW, its a newfag scam.

>> No.20194942

>>20191021
the bitcoin standard is garbage, but andreas isn't a maxie.