[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 100 KB, 735x720, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20155576 No.20155576 [Reply] [Original]

Thinking of buying a property that includes a 20 year old modular home in great condition and a brick community center in OK condition that needs some repairs on the inside (mostly plaster and cosmetic stuff). The property is on a quiet one acre lot 10 min from the nearest town, has a stream and woods, no neighbors.

The community center is two floors, about 4000 sqft, 12 and 18 ft ceilings, first floor is a dining area with industrial kitchen, second floor is a dance floor with a stage.

Thinking of living in the modular home and renovating the brick building over the next few years. Maybe opening a business of some sort (restaurant, pot farm, gym, daycare, whatever). Might even just keep the giant second floor as a personal office for a year, even if it costs me $500 a month in heating bills. Getting real sick of my current cuckshed apartment.

It's about 25 min from my day job (country roads, no traffic). It's pretty affordable ($150k), and I'll be paying cash, but it'll eat up almost all of my savings. I'm 28 and this would be my first house.

Should I pull the trigger? Any anons with similar experience? What questions should I ask, and what should I look for in inspections?

>> No.20155589

>>20155576
post pics