[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 123 KB, 594x594, number2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19774369 No.19774369 [Reply] [Original]

What are your thoughts on this /biz/?

So I now have to decide on a career path for my life. Was originally going to go premed route and be a PA but reconsidering my options to get the most based choice possible!

Here are my opinions on some stuff I would like and not like
> CS/ Anything Programming
Not for me. Although I'm a /g/ man like many of you all and could get a nice IT job if I went that route, I just don't like staring at a computer all day or programming.
> Engineering
Not for me either. I just don't enjoy the complexity of solving difficulty.
> Medical Route
One of my strongest considerations. The long time in school and tedious work weeks slightly put me off. High chance that lots of premed grads don't even manage to get into a med school. Still considering.
> Accounting/ Finance
Kind of one of my considerations. I like dealing with money and it has lots of career paths (financial manager etc) and you can get to 6 figures if you tried - which would really be my goal.
> Business
I don't really understand this major. Does it teach you how to make your own business? That's not really something I'm up for doing nor do I really want to be one of those entrepreneur .

Please forgive my ignorance. What are your thoughts on this /biz?

>> No.19774470

>>19774369
Do what your heart tells you to do, don’t listen to anybody.

>> No.19774487

>>19774470
This

>> No.19774517

>>19774470
But what if his heart is retarded

>> No.19774533

>Not going into Law Enforcement
lmao it's legit the best time to go into that field. We are realizing as a society that we need more manpower because we have cities being taken over. Four jobs that will always be around til the end of time.
1. Whores
2. Merchants
3. People to transport goods or people
4. Security. Either military or law enforcement
Just get into one of those fields and you'll be good. If not, just purchase you some land and live off of it.

>> No.19774545
File: 141 KB, 633x753, 1475741029469.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19774470
My heart dosen't tell me shit lol. I could go into a majority of these and really be as happy and meh. I live my life in a meh way so nothing affects me too much.

>> No.19774558

>>19774533
I'll purchase land and live off it when I'm older but its not for me.

Definetly not going to law enforcement. I don't give a fuck about laws and if anything Id rather buy a gun and live remotely on a homestead than be a cop. Not tryna deal with joggers and druggies daily.

>> No.19774576
File: 4 KB, 250x250, 1591630169748s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19774487
>>19774517

it's not retarded. Just bland. I would probably be successful in whatever I did with my level of self control and luck but just want to consider my options

>> No.19774751

Based degrees
>MD, JD
SEMI BASED
>PharmD
Pseud tier
>BS only

>> No.19774788

>>19774558
There is more to being a cop than that or being in the military. Once you get into that environment you'll learn that it works entirely different than you thought. Hell, look into becoming a Firefighter. You get to work 72 hours shifts and have the next 120 hours off. So three days on five days off. You're getting paid the entire time. Sometimes you'll have dead days and others will be jam packed. Depends what city you live in. If you're in California, the benefits are beyond autistic. Especially during wild fire season. You'll work for 6-8 whole months than get the entire years off. Most guys don't do it because they get rusty. You'll easily make 120k a year. A lot of people don't understand how government works. You'll be eligable to retire in 20 yeras and you're pension will be 60-80% of what you're last pay check was. Again, I'm assuming you're an American. If you're not, just throw everything I've said out the window.

>> No.19774797

My heard told me i should become a DP (cameraman, basically). Went to filmschool in my EU shithole. The only good thing about all of this i don't have any problem with women. They prefer me to CS and finance nerds despite the fact that i'm a poorfag (1k$ per week is my best for now).

>> No.19774941

>>19774751
Dude I was originally going to go the MD route but fucking 15 years of school? It just puts me off a bit. Like as a human being put on earth. Would you justify spending fifteen years of your life to do something. Your just 35 with tons of debt there just thinking about how your life has passed...

>>19774788
Firefighters and military is completely different to me and I respect those jobs much much more. But being a cop is what I don't like. I meant local law enforcement sorry if I wasn't clear. Id much rather be a fire fighter than be something like a police officer just cause of the annoying things and tension you have to deal with. I couldn't imagine patroling shady neighborhoods daily where anyone with a grudge will start assulting you for no reason and anything you do can have massive backlash. You understand me?

>> No.19774956
File: 51 KB, 640x480, 2365721186_21d28bee2e_z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19774751
If I am going the premed route which I would be most likely doing soon - I would probably be a PA. Seems like a budget version of the real MD.. and If I don't go the premed route - then probably finance

>> No.19775086

>>19774369
Have you considered law? I considered it but wasn't able to get in because fine nuances don't stick into my head and that's all the exam really wants. Now I'm in CSE route and honestly I'm not too sure about this. I like it sure, but being a fucking code monkey for the rest of my life? No way. I think I'll just get ny papers out as fast as possible and then switch to finance. Maybe sooner.