[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 38 KB, 483x507, 1576381194392.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19746437 No.19746437 [Reply] [Original]

How do I start investing?

I understand Robinhood is a decent platform for beginners with a free stock, can dabble in crypto, and an easy reinvest tool which is mostly what I'd be doing, but it tends to get overloaded during prime buy/sell times which makes it unreliable.
You Invest by JP Morgan/Chase is another app that has a portfolio building tool after $2500 which is also appealing but most sites rank it under Robinhood and there's no crypto with it. I already use Chase so it would be easy enough to set up as they already have my info.
I've seen Webull mentioned on here but it's Chinese owned and I'd rather not give them access to my banking info considering how they handled their bat soup situation.

Is there another platform I should be looking into or is Robinhood/You Invest good enough? I wish to join the shilling on this board as I make cash. Niggafied moot as thanks in advance

>> No.19746440

>>19746437
What colour is your skin, op?

>> No.19746471

>Educate yourself first - Don't buy into what you don't understand
Khan academy has a decent introduction to investing - watch this before you even start.
>Keep up to date
Watch news streams, hang out on /smg/, have a tracker for stocks.
>Invest only what you can afford
Set aside an amount you can afford to lose, if that's not much, get a better job. Don't be a degenerate gambler and play with Leveraged options.
>Be patient
A steady, safe and modest return always beats a hefty risky return.

Now fuck off.

>> No.19746680

Do you have savings/emergency fund? Start from there.

>> No.19746777

I'll tell you if you tell me who that is in the op

>> No.19747087

>>19746440
White, parents use a financial advisor that neither they nor I am impressed with.

>>19746471
Been on Khan Academy since you posted. That's good general info but doesn't answer how to get into it. How do I buy into stocks/bonds/ETFs/crypto/etc? Obviously there's a brokerage account required which I'm under the impression those apps are, then I need to decide if it'll be for an IRA or not which I'm leaning towards not or I guess Roth if I have to. I'm an independent contractor so I'm used to budgeting and paying taxes anyway. My questions are which platform should I be using to start and why are there so many different ones if they're all essentially the same? Those aren't not covered by those videos

>>19746680
I do and thanks to covid-19 I'm getting disaster assistance benefits through the rest of the year even if I return to full time work. My plan is to save around 25% of that as padding for next year's taxes and live as normal while investing the remainder government income rather than it gaining a few cents in interest sitting in a savings account.

>>19746777
The last line of my OP says it's Moot as an actual nigger