[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 24 KB, 231x218, 16188185.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1957309 No.1957309 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw no directly marketable white collar skills

How do i develop the ability to weasel my way into realtor jobs? all I want to do is sign contracts and close house deals for people

>> No.1957316

>>1957309
Have you worked in real estate before?

>> No.1957322

>>1957316
i work building houses from the bottom up (not concrete or siding/roofing/plumbing/electircal) so I'm familiar with the process, but I don't know anything about the actual realtor job itself though

I've been seriously considering getting into real estate contract assignment since it's legal in my state and it seems lucrative enough if you have contacts to pick up your contracts

I want to do it though and nobody calls back, should I say I'm a woman or something?

>> No.1957580

>>1957322
Look for a guild meeting of real estate. Start asking about that, and see if there is one online in your area. There you will get the best info for what you want. You want the buy low sell high contracts signed off on the same day in the same offices kind of deal, you can get into this with 0 money of your own. Someone else will front the money for a fee.

You will learn a lot and who to talk to about this process. In my area there's a group named PIG: Pensacola Investors Guild. Good luck getting out there.

>> No.1957948

>>1957309
Check with your state's licensing board for Realtors

They will tell you what courses you need

A lot (if not all, depending on the state) of it can be done online

Or some real estate firm might be willing to take you on as you go through the training

It's the license (not you) that gets paid

Without a license you are just some smuck who wishes he could sell realestate