[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 37 KB, 470x686, 48005E26-BF1C-495A-9D8B-9BD4A3745F98.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18863078 No.18863078 [Reply] [Original]

My mother keeps pressuring me to get one, but I pay things in cash just fine and the interest and bills seem like a waste of money

>> No.18863101

You should never pay interest ever retard

>> No.18863127
File: 99 KB, 416x435, F28866CF-054F-4E79-AF39-311C2B2DA244.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>My mother keeps pressuring me to get one

>> No.18863143

get a money back card. pay it off every month. builds up your credit so you can get a mortgage down the road
Don't buy shit you don't need just because you have a credit card,

>> No.18863145

Apartment buildings do credit checks before leasing and if you ever wanted to get a mortgage on a house, good credit helps you get a good rate. Having a credit card even for a small monthly purchases and paying off the statement balance in full means you build credit without accruing interest. Really no reason not to do it it’s braindead to manage

>> No.18863148

>>18863078
Credit cards are free money if you pay in full

>> No.18863253

>>18863078
ONLY get a cashback credit card and pay off the entire balance every month. Purchase everything with it to maximize returns.
>2% cashback chad here, never once paid a cent of interest

>> No.18863281

>>18863078
they are 100% fine if you have the restraint to use them properly. this of it like a poisonous puffer fish that you have to carefully dissect to get any nutrition out of. most people are too incompetent to do it properly and end up getting sick.
what you need to do is the following:
1. have automatic payments set up for the card, drawing from a checking account that is NEVER going to be short on funds. you never pay interest and you never take a credit score hit
2. credit utilization - to maximize your credit score, you need to use about 30% of your "line of credit" if you are maxing out your card every month and paying it off, you are fucking yourself. you do not want to do that. read about credit usage
3. have the sense to roughly monitor this credit usage

you can see it's fucking stupid. it's an IQ test in disguise. your debit card would serve the exact same function, but by performing for the credit companies, they see you are a good little bitch and give you a good credit score. A good credit score will pay off when you go to buy a card or a house (or any other loan you might need from the bank).
it's a game, it's fucking retarded. the majority of people are too stupid and short-sighted and will buy things that they cannot pay off right away, carrying a balance every month. they get financially owned and marked as risky people.
unfortunately you pretty much have to do things to boost your credit score if you want to be an upper-middle class adult. so you must play the game.
if you are slightly retarded, just get a card and don't put too much on it. you won't be doing credit utilization correctly but it will still be an improvement.
also of course there are cards that offer "rewards" like 1% back on all purchase for the first year, shit like that. it's okay. some people get autistic and cycling through creidt card offers every few years to max these out.
finally, you are taking a risk regardless of how responsible u are. miss payment? score drops

>> No.18863369

You have a good mother. Jealous.

>> No.18863381

Just use it to buy the stuff you always buy so instead of getting into debt, you get free points. And do revolving payment.

>> No.18864343

>>18863078
ive never pay interest on a creditcard because i autopay whatever the amount is from my checkings account. they only charge you interest once you start paying late. Just dont ever be in debt, easy.