[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 55 KB, 916x1100, 1588476439986.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18851226 No.18851226 [Reply] [Original]

>quit my minimum wage burger job

I have thousands saved, and I figure that trying to get unemployment (I know normally you never get it if you quit but with the PUA system giving it out if you quit because of corona, and me already being hired for a new job that keeps getting delayed because of corona giving me a chance of getting unemployment because I was never gonna be laid off or have my hours cut because fast food is just getting more business right now)

was this a bad idea? I am really bitter about getting nothing from the government and getting fucked in the ass by the corona pandemic just because I am a young man still a dependent (even though literal teens and kids get $500 wtf) that I figure I had to try and scheme to profit off of all this, rather than keep listening to my boomer parents and slaving for fucking nothing

>> No.18851304

>>18851226
Nothing wrong with quitting a shit job. Those jobs are dime a dozen.

>> No.18851477

>ok
>ok

>> No.18851755

I think it's smart. If the government wants to give you a bunch of money to not go to work, why not?

The only worry is you may not be able to get your old job back but nothing ventured nothing gained. Make use of the time and money, don't be a slacker.

>> No.18852211
File: 85 KB, 675x675, flourishing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18851304
Fact. Literally anyone could do the job you just quit. Think of the most retarded person you know, OP. That is the person service sector jobs are most fitting for. Simply ignore your parents if they are giving you demonstrably bad advice; it is not worth trying to demonstrate to them. They lived a different life than you are now living. Think about your future and go in the direction that leads you closer to it, even if it's small and not very good right now. You are the only person you have anything to prove to.

>> No.18852411

>>18852211
>>18851755
thx, I appreciate the support, I have zero friends and the only people I am in contact with is my family and I don't trust them to give good advice so I have to come on 4channel so gauge if my ideas are like okay or retarded and schizophrenic

I definitely will bust my ass with the time I have, I have already started working out for the past month every day consistently, after I read this self help book called "Atomic Habits". I also did crazy amounts of college work to the point that I am like done with everything two weeks ahead of schedule with all A's. I also am getting back into creative pursuits and am gonna try to learn how to draw since I am trying to figure out what to do with my life

>> No.18852609

>>18851226
ive had covid19 for 2 months and im still fighitng this fucking chink virus. quit your job and isolate until a vaccine is out. no amount of money is worth getting this chink bat soup virus fuck

>> No.18852633
File: 432 KB, 1200x1696, Only_You_Smoky.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18852411
That's great to hear anon. I hope that this place is an adequate forum for your ideas. It's a lot of digging and waiting and the effort doesn't always pay off, but usually I can identify patterns in the chan static. /biz/ has at least motivated me to find out enough about crypto to be able to talk about it here. We're all doing what we can these days; we're all in the grinder together now.