[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 3 KB, 125x123, 08E6C82C-9AE3-43A1-B672-D4599333142B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18499860 No.18499860 [Reply] [Original]

God damn it. I can’t believe I went long on this shit at $4. I can’t fucking believe it.

>> No.18499887

>>18499860
A token to access "decentralized oracles".
It's ridiculous because:

- decentralized oracles are an unsolved computer science problem. Yet Chainlink has no proposed solution to it, and decentralizing is basically an afterthought to them

- their solution to that is "KYC oracles"... Which is not a solution at all. Having a KYC authority in itself is already centralized

- being "first mover" to decentralized oracles doesn't mean shit when you don't actually solve the problem. Bit gold was first mover to decentralized currency before bitcoin, but because it didn't give a viable solution to the double-spend problem, so it didn't mean squat.

- centralized oracles are easy. You can even write one using something like pyethereum and run it on a cheap VPS.

- And with your own oracle, you don't have to pay both the token and gas price, you can just pay the gas price

- all it does is aggregate free data sources, which you can freely query yourself, hence the json parser meme

- and if the token price moons, then it even makes less sense to use it, as it would cost a lot, for data that is freely available

- and worst of all, only 350 million tokens are in the circulating supply. The other 650+ million tokens are literally owned by Sergey, printed from thin air, no proof of work, which he can dump anytime. This is literally the worst scenario even for just speculating.

>> No.18500815

>>18499860
yeah I was one of the guys who told you to sell and cut your losses and you responded with retarded DR;NS memes
eat shit and die loser

>> No.18500836

who cares? Itll be like $4 thousand someday