[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 39 KB, 359x473, 1584103953589.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18269008 No.18269008 [Reply] [Original]

So, obviously no one has a crystal ball, but from what I'm reading, they should continue to fall as coronavirus gets worse. Thoughts?

1) Fed dropped rates to 0
2) t bonds moving lower
Okay so these are no longer the main factor, now that primary factors are :

3) lenders nervous, but fed has promised to buy unlimited morgage backed securities, so as I read it this is less of a concern
4) thanks to rates dropping because of all this, surges of demand led to lenders artificially raising rates, causing a roller-coaster of morgage rates, specifically refinances ( which I am looking for).

Now, my thinking is, as the spread of coronavirus gets worse and more and more people are losing work and hurting financially, less and less people will be able to refinance or buy a house. Looking at the past few weeks, refinances surge when the rates drop, but each wave less people so it. So eventually, as the herd gets thinned, rates should really drop. But how much, and when?
Speculate away please.

>> No.18269050

>>18269008
https://www.multihousingnews.com/post/fannie-freddie-raise-reserve-requirements-as-loan-standards-tighten/

sure goy we just need 18 months of payments in escrow before we'll lend

>> No.18269470

>>18269050
I mean i can get 3.4 or so now, down from 4.7 when I bought, so it would save me hundreds a month. Just trying to figure out when to blink.