Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/biz/ - Business & Finance


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 498 KB, 1920x1080, mpv-shot0077.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17844545 No.17844545 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

HOLY SHIT

ITS FUCKING OVER

THE SECOND CIRCUIT BREAKER IS GOING TO GO IN THE FIRST 15 MINUTES

>> No.17844808
File: 8 KB, 224x225, bobo crash it.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17844808

>>17844545
we are going for the 3rd. No stonks trading today

>> No.17844829

>>17844545
why do I get the feeling we're about to see a massive pump?

>> No.17844837

its over

>> No.17844860

>>17844829
Because you're on /biz/ where literally the opposite of what YOU feel always comes true.

>> No.17844874

>>17844829
because you are delusional

>> No.17844910
File: 57 KB, 720x720, ird8dx07psm41.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17844910

we are about to witness the most brutal crash of all time

>> No.17844914

>>17844545
Live stream anyone?

>> No.17844928

>>17844829
because you're a fucking retard. the world economy has crashed and this fucking dumbass "Im feeling like things go up today"

>> No.17844931

>>17844914
same, anyone have a good chair
?

>> No.17844932

>>17844860
>no two realities on biz are the same

>> No.17844939

i wonder if all the boomers started getting machine gunned if theyd snap out of it the panicking fucking cucks. thats what they deserve tbgh senpai

>> No.17844944

>>17844829
won't happen as much as I wish it would. This is the end. Dow will be @ 500 EOW. Yes 500.

>> No.17844969

>>17844545
Post moar disgusted boomers kek

>> No.17844971

>>17844931
>>17844914
i am gonna use this one
https://www.twitch.tv/stockstream

>> No.17844974
File: 94 KB, 601x508, 12384968463541.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17844974

>>17844545
Just buy the dip.

>> No.17844985

>>17844545
>ORANGE MAN BAD
Oh, I thought this was the Obama economy. Guess when things go bad we blame Trump even though Trump has never taken full responsibility for the Dow

>> No.17845016

>>17844985
you fucking RETARD.....he has taken credit for it every fucking time it goes up. what the fuck is wrong with you? is everyone this fucking stupid in here?

>> No.17845020

>>17844932
They're not, because we all live in our own completely unique timeline, none run parallel to our own and only transect others at finite moments.

>> No.17845060

So should I try to sell my PUT orders at -19% before the market is shut down for a day?

>> No.17845095

>>17845016
Name me one time and cite a credible source. I'd love to see you show m how Trump is responsible for the virus

>> No.17845122
File: 465 KB, 1242x1279, 1545717802512.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845122

>>17844985
low iq inbred

>> No.17845151

>>17844545
I thought futures were stopped at -4.87%

How can we be down further?

>> No.17845160

>>17844971
the guy talking is annoying

>> No.17845173

>>17844944
>Dow will be @ 500 EOW. Yes 500.
Lol. It would literally have to drop 20% each day this week. Ok Boomer!

>> No.17845197
File: 238 KB, 599x553, abjection.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845197

Looked like BLACKED MONDAY

>> No.17845202

>she's a good girl, loves her mama

>> No.17845216
File: 146 KB, 415x392, 1569661972257.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845216

>>17844985
>been president for the last 3 years
>never stop boasting about the stock market from day 1
>goes to shit
>it was the guy from 4 years ago's fault

I don't even mind trump for the most part but c'mon lad. let's keep things a little real

>> No.17845224

>>17845151
ETFs are not limited by the stop limit

>> No.17845238

>>17845151
>How can we be down further?
They're showing the ETF which has been trading all night. The futures are frozen since Sunday afternoon.

>> No.17845249
File: 49 KB, 1100x619, donald-trump-stock-signature-super-69.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845249

>>17844985
hahaha

>> No.17845270
File: 3.45 MB, 600x770, 1584363920830.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845270

>> No.17845281

>>17845095
He was literally sending out signed pictures of the Dow on Friday. Do you not pay attention to anything?

>> No.17845287
File: 396 KB, 1200x630, Trump_supporters_PLOS_ONE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845287

>>17844985

>> No.17845293

>>17845216
>I don't even mind trump
Agree. And to make it worse, as a candidate, he called them fake markets but when he took office all of a sudden they became real xD

>> No.17845317

Who buying apple shit to hodl?

>> No.17845328

>>17845270
JOHN MADDEN
JOHN MADDEN
JOHN MADDEN

>> No.17845336

>>17845016
>he has taken credit for it every fucking time it goes up
And he's largely responsible for it going up.

What he's not responsible for is this pandemic panic.
Cry harder and more.

>> No.17845367

>>17844914
https://www.twitch.tv/markettraderstv
best one

>> No.17845373

>>17845270
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
OMFG that meme is hilarious!

>> No.17845433

>>17844860
>>17844874
>>17844928
But isn't the majority always wrong?

>> No.17845438

>>17845336
>ignores virus outbreak until markets crash and country is forced to start shutting down
>not responsible for the resulting economic chaos
The mental gymnastics of /ptg/ are unreal

>> No.17845474

>>17844985
trump took credit for it every step of the way, he owns it now lol

>> No.17845507

>>17844914
https://www.livenewsnow.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

>> No.17845511

>>17845438
>>ignores virus outbreak until markets crash
Are you retarded?
He called a medical emergency weeks ago, and a NATIONAL emergency on Friday, after like 20 US deaths.
Obama waited until 1,200 US deaths to declare a national emergency, yet nobody whined then.

>> No.17845539

>>17844829
probably because everyone thinks the opposite and the the opposite of what people think happens sometimes. But not every time. It just seems that way because it's a binary system of up or down. Sometimes everyone thinks btc/the economy will tank because it will and it does. We'll see soon

>> No.17845543

>>17845433
use your brain, the economy is shutting down. BTC is now tied to the markets

>> No.17845597

>>17845367
huge faggots, the streamer larping "traders" to the faggot viewers with their shit culture.

>> No.17845629

down 10%

>> No.17845653

>>17845224
>>17845238
Thank you, good luck today!

>> No.17845733

>>17845474
>Trump owns the corona pandemic
You're delusional.

>> No.17845737

>>17845367
>promoting your personal twitch
literally kys zoomer

>> No.17845780

>>17844545
How could you just stop trading?
Why is this legal?

>> No.17845781

Holy fuck

>> No.17845793
File: 66 KB, 727x412, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845793

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HALTED

>> No.17845806

>>17845507
Thank you kind sir, have an upvote

>> No.17845849
File: 103 KB, 274x289, GAME OVER.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845849

>> No.17845853
File: 1.46 MB, 400x513, 1584362437940.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845853

>>17845270

>> No.17845855

ITT
Triggered libtards name orange man for a virus

>> No.17845864
File: 559 KB, 1024x725, 1554813907773.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845864

>>17844545
-10%
in seconds
SECONDS
S E C O N D S
E
C
O
N
D
S

>> No.17845873

>>17845733
>not the president of the United States job to protect the country from disease and disaster
YOU are delusional. You realize CHINA reacted to this with full quarantine mode the equivalent of what was 3 weeks ago for the US. We are absolutely fucked because that mongoloid wanted to go on TV and tell everyone everything is fine instead of doing his job. And you voted him in to office, so now you have blood on your hands. Get fucking rekt trumpfag.

>> No.17845875

>>17845793
>Creating brighter futures
They couldn´t have chosen a better name.

>> No.17845920

>>17845733
You're delusional, anon. Get your head out of Trump's ass.

>> No.17845923

>>17844910
This image is accurate. Indeed God does have two left hands. #WhiteSamsonOption

>> No.17845925
File: 804 KB, 2048x2048, hghghghfg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17845925

>>17845793
so much for a free market LOL

>> No.17845958

>>17845853
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS TO GO EVEN BEYOND

>> No.17845974

>>17845873
>>17845920
>TRUMP IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CORONAAAAA
delusional Hilldawgs lmao

>> No.17845977

>>17845160
yup looking for a new one

>> No.17845991

>>17845853
ITS NOT HELPING
DO IT FASTER

>> No.17846036

>>17845974
Trump is not responsible for corona, obviously. He is responsible for handling the crisis, which he has so far completely failed in. You are on /biz/, look at the stock market. Traders have no confidence in him.

>> No.17846037

SHIIIT!!!! BUY BTC NOW!!!

>> No.17846038

>>17845793


>>17845793
Absolutely the funniest image I've seen all fucking month. The honking doesnt stop.

Why would they even haul their asses out there for that terrifying moment lolol

>> No.17846063

>>17845977
im using this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NM-bybQMEE&feature=emb_err_watch_on_yt

>> No.17846072

>>17845336
Gutted the CDC, spent the first 7 weeks of the pandemic boasting that we weren't China, and more worried about the optics than the reality. Any impartial observer would say Trump/his handlers are totally responsible for what went down on the US side.

>> No.17846098

>>17846036
>He is responsible for handling the crisis, which he has so far completely failed in
Really?
He called a national emergency after like 20 US deaths.
Obama waited until 1,200 US deaths to do the same during the swine flu pandemic.

>> No.17846101

>>17845511
>meanwhile, ordering the CDC to suppress testing and shitposting on Twitter about ITS JUST A FLU BRO as Italty locks down
Ah yes, you can't have a pandemic if you don't test anyone
>B-BUT OBAMA
nobody cares

>> No.17846147

>>17846072
>>17846101

See >>17846098

Consume less MSM.

>> No.17846216

>>17846098
You are too far gone anon.

>> No.17846237

>>17846147
b-but obama!

>> No.17846245

>>17846147
>B-BUT OBAMA
Nobody cares

>> No.17846251

>>17846072
The CDC was gutted because they are an incompetent centralized bureaucracy. When it started, they shut down corona testing and send out faulty test kits when they did start doing tests.

>> No.17846270

>>17846063
much better thank you sirs

>> No.17846297
File: 72 KB, 561x616, 1574802434105.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17846297

>>17846216
>>17846237
>>17846245
seething

>> No.17846302

BRRRRRRRR

>> No.17846368

>>17846297
Have sex

>> No.17846388

BITCONNECCTTTT

>> No.17846408

>>17846251
Brainlet alert kek

>> No.17846442

>MUH ORANGE MAN BAD

>> No.17846462

Can you faggots take this miga shit to pol

>> No.17846472

>>17846408
>brainlet thinks the cdc could have done anything with the budget they had pre-cut when their policy is still fucked
Bureaucrat detected

>> No.17846481

Why do those magical jew numbers even matter

>> No.17846581

>>17845873
You are NOT praising China right now.
China had a 10k COMMUNAL DINNER in defiance of reports that a disease was emerging. They fucked themselves over and then scrambled to quarantine

>> No.17846591

TRADING IS BACK

>> No.17846626

PUT BOING

>> No.17846655

does anyone know how the Chinese stock exchange is doing compared to the west?

>> No.17846668

>>17846481
Why are you on this board?

>> No.17846710
File: 17 KB, 234x237, 1325175818623.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17846710

NOT EVEN BOUNCING

>> No.17846738

THE BOTTOM IS IN
BUY THE VOID

>> No.17846751

>>17844829
The fed kikes will certainly pump more money out of nowhere so we get more inflation and more enslaved than ever. I love clown world.

>> No.17846753

Shut it down

>> No.17846787

>>17846655
Down 3%.

>> No.17846792

>>17846738
haha ok boomer

>> No.17846834

>>17844829
lmao the stock market isnt a shitcoin retard

>> No.17846893

>>17845216
tell this to his fake news department

>> No.17846907
File: 82 KB, 1546x544, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17846907

UH OH
HAVE WE REACHED BOTTOM?

>> No.17846954

HEHE T-TIME TO BUY ON THE DIP AND MAKE MONEY RIGHT L-LADS?

>> No.17846962

>>17845216
BUT LOW BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT

>>17846907
>bottom
there's still a ways to go anon

>> No.17846972
File: 71 KB, 461x383, 28236479871665.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17846972

>>17846738
I'm waiting until nothing can be bought at all. That way I can't lose.

>> No.17847006

>>17846907
You better pray we did. I don't want to descend into Bobo's rape dungeon.

>> No.17847026
File: 1.33 MB, 1158x1200, edcweekend.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17847026

>>17845202
LOVES JEEEEEESUSSSSSSSSS AND AMERICA TOOOOOO

>> No.17847069
File: 20 KB, 323x297, 1477962663451.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17847069

all of this because some chink ate bat soup

>> No.17847122
File: 98 KB, 964x912, Happening.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17847122

>>17846954
>>17846907
Y-yes

>> No.17847150

>>17844545
WE'VE HIT THE BOTTOM FOLKS. NOWHERE TO GO BUT UP NOW. TIME TO BUY!!!!

>> No.17847219

>>17845367

Smug faggot and his boyfriend who talks in the background are fucking losers

>> No.17847262
File: 154 KB, 1543x823, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17847262

>>17847150
>>17847122
>>17847006
>>17846962
one doesn't simply cross the 200ma and go up
DOWN WE GO

>> No.17847271

>>17845853
EVEN FURTHER BEYOND

>> No.17847333
File: 940 KB, 1242x1681, A124E3DC-3F88-4678-84EF-2D40756A5DB5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17847333

>>17847069
All this is because of fucking feelsies before realsies

>> No.17847346

>>17844545
WWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-16/u-s-health-agency-suffers-cyber-attack-during-covid-9-response

>> No.17847361

How low, can you go
How low, can you go

>> No.17847401

>>17847069
Remember to call it wuhan-flu

>> No.17847492

>>17846581
not him but that goes to prove his point. when everybody figured out how bad it was china, who had previously fucked up for the world to see, did more and is still doing more to stop corona virus than trump has.

>> No.17847524

>>17845543
Sorry m8 I only see economy moving.

>> No.17847560
File: 9 KB, 401x367, rare pepe'.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17847560

>>17846834

>> No.17847657
File: 55 KB, 600x800, 1584055294450.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17847657

>>17847401
winnie the flu is hungry for stocks

>> No.17847664

the market is being obliterated like never before and some retarded cunts in here are busy deflecting blame from Trump instead.

I give it 2 days before they start calling it "the Wuhan Recession"

>> No.17847713

>>17845270
Hahaha

>> No.17847741

>>17847492

"Do more" as in enact dictatorial and authoritarian actions that wouldn't fly here. People are going to stand for being forced to stay inside and beaten if they don't comply.

>> No.17847758
File: 14 KB, 220x268, blind.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17847758

>>17847664
That's racist.

>> No.17847793

When do investors start committing sudoku?

>> No.17847817

If a Democrat was president, none of this would have happened.

>> No.17847834

>>17844985
He LITERALLY sent a picture of the 10% gain SIGNED by HIMSELF to his supporters last Friday
>>17845249
What fucking more can he do to claim credit for this economy

>> No.17847847

>>17844545
If I'm shorting CFDs right now, am I the bad guy?

>> No.17847884

>>17847834
The economy is largely to his credit.
The corona scare is not.

>> No.17847943

>>17847069
Was going to happen anyway

>> No.17847958

>>17847817

>a Democrat would have contained a Chinese-borne virus better

Democratic governors in Washington and California are the reason this is spreading throughout the union now and they were unwilling to stop sucking Chinese cock. If any party is in bed with China it is Dems.

>> No.17848003

>>17845853
my fav

>> No.17848024

>>17847884
>leader gets to take credit for good things but not bad things
Lol

>> No.17848089
File: 32 KB, 448x545, 1580171231086.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17848089

>>17847069
This

>> No.17848096

The perfect time to start buying is one and a half weeks from now. As soon as we get some confirmed news of vaccines being distributed and quarantines start to show effects of slowing infection rates, there'll be some positivism brought in. Current market reaction is slightly over the top for the scenario where we contain the virus within 3 months or so. This whole ordeal is correcting the age distribution of the whole population, which itself is slight positive for the general market.

>> No.17848138

>>17847884
Since you're down there, does the taint hair match the toupee?

>> No.17848151
File: 116 KB, 1028x695, IMG_20200316_100217.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17848151

>>17845249

>> No.17848153

>>17844545
>It all returns to nothing
>It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down

>> No.17848163

>>17848096
>As soon as we get some confirmed news of vaccines being distributed
>>>

>> No.17848180

>>17848096

>vaccine being distributed in 1-2 weeks

How blindly optimistic

>> No.17848181

>>17848096
>implying vaccines will be available sooner than next year
>implying the infection rates won't hit exponential growth in the next week
>implying mass layoffs won't occur in the coming weeks
Lmao stay retarded

>> No.17848203

>>17848096
>As soon as we get some confirmed news of vaccines being distributed
All hurray for 2022!

>> No.17848209

>>17848096

I've said it several times but I say at least a month, probably two. Earnings season is going to be brutal no matter what happens, this economic freeze is tangibly happening.

>> No.17848233

>>17848096
Vaccine won't be ready before next year.

>> No.17848263

I dont understand why SPCE is going down though, it should not be effected by viruses. I need it to get back to 40 dollars this week bc I need my money back asap. It should be going back up very soon.

>> No.17848266
File: 231 KB, 500x504, 1584209857193.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17848266

>>17848096
>no vaccine for SARS since 2002
>implying we're getting one next week

>> No.17848269

>>17844829
>t, typical /biz/poster

>> No.17848284

>>17848233
There won't be a vaccine.

>> No.17848351

>>17848024
Well yes, because the policies that improved the economy are his, but the virus is not.

>> No.17848410

I feel like going to a store and spending money, convince me I shouldn’t.

>> No.17848422

>>17847069
if it wasn't this, it would have been something else. The warning signs have been out there for almost a year

>> No.17848425

>>17847884
>Good thing happens
>Leader's doing
>Bad thing happens
>I-it's not his fault! it's the previous leader's fault!
Delusion

>> No.17848447

>>17848284
Of course there will be. There's a lot of money to be had by the company that makes it.

>> No.17848462
File: 171 KB, 1920x1080, 1584140258664.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17848462

>>17848351
>MAGAtards still think the virus is the root of the market drop, not just the catalyst

>> No.17848465

>>17848425
>corona is Trump's fault!

yikes anon

>> No.17848469

>>17848422

Not a fair appraisal. This thing is literally halting the whole economy, it isn't some meme like trade friction. When the whole economy stops stocks can do nothing but crash. All I hope is that this finally severs our dependence on Chinkville

>> No.17848477

>>17847069
Imagine being the person who started this explosive chain reaction. Too bad it was a chink. They have no emotions or self-introspection. Fucker who ate the bat probably doesn't even think about what's going on.

>> No.17848504

>>17848410
Buy booze and cigs. They have trade value.

>> No.17848517

>>17848351
>the policies he instituted to help the economy
You mean just inflating the bubble which we're now witnessing pop? Cool beans, a "growing" economy that is in actuality the stock market LARPing over a zombie economy that's drowning up to the tits in debt.
The policies he instituted for "handling" the virus are also his and which are in no small measure responsible for the severity of the crash

>> No.17848518

>>17848422
>>17848462
>th-the market would've dropped this much anyway!

Peak delusion.
Half the Western world is in lockdown, you dips.

>> No.17848564

anyone remember that the worlds largest hedge fund had a 500b short on the NYSE for 2020?
looks like theyve made at least 2 trillion off it.

>> No.17848570

>>17848462
>consoomers

>> No.17848607

>>17848517
I seriously do not know how to handle this type of schizoid delusion.

Half the western world is in quarantine anon; even at the bottom of a severe bear market this would've still caused a huge drop.
This is not an organic correction from some bubble.

Also,
>bubble
Record employment. Deal with it.

>> No.17848608

There will be no vaccine because no one will care about this virus in 3 months. China is already rebounding and we're one month behind them.

>> No.17848654

>>17848607
wow 5 million more uber eats delivery driver jobs thanks Trump

>> No.17848684

>>17848607
>Record employment.
wont be such a record anymore with the massive layoffs coming in the next few weeks

>> No.17848690

>>17848654
>jobs bad
>unemployment good

>> No.17848722

>>17848608
China forcably went around shoving people indoors and punishing dissidents who went against quarantine orders
They've only just opened back up in certain areas and even then they're still in a downturn (albeit small)
We haven't even begun to see the destruction coronavirus is going to have on America, this is just the start

>> No.17848725

>>17848684
Damn Trump and the corona virus he caused!

>> No.17848730

>>17847817
Is this why it's the democrat-held states that are getting hit the hardest?

>> No.17848745

Dead cat sure as shit ain't over but I'm hoping for a bounce upward tomorrow. Is this likely or is trump going to have to suck more ceo dick first? If so who can we get? Maybe some tech giants next hopefully

>> No.17848770

>>17848608
China is rebounding because they took drastic measures, so drastic that they'll never happen in the west.

They essentially shut their entire country and economy down to contain the virus, people were locked in their apartments, they spent billions manufacturing medical supplies and building temporary hospitals, the worked their doctors to the point of exhaustion and still thousands died. None of that will happen in the west, do you think the US will declare martial law? No. Do you think Americans will willingly stay inside and quarantine themselves? No.

Half the country doesn't even believe it's a problem.

>> No.17848777

>>17848425
>>17848024
brainlets

>> No.17848780
File: 645 KB, 1024x768, 1364502616627.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17848780

>>17848608

Right. It's a one month shock. People are freezing all over the place while we figure and feel this virus out. Once it's realized we will loosen the reins again week to week and it will be business as usual by May.

But until then, stocks are going to suffer terribly. This will be the greatest buying opportunity in your lives you fuckers, better start ubering and sucking cock on the weekends so you can dump as much money as possible into the market.

I have waited 4 years, ever since I got into stocks, for this moment. This is our launchpad into early retirement.

>> No.17848794

>>17848607
>Half the western world is in quarantine anon;
Just because other countries made the same mistake Trump did doesnt mean that it's any less of a mistake.
>hurr durr the virus literally doesnt exist
>ok so the virus does exist but it's just a flu bro
>ok so the virus does exist and it is a big deal but I'm going to direct the CDC to not test anyone and hope it just goes away on it's own
>ok so the virus does exist and it is a big deal and it's not going away on it's own so SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING
Gayest pandemic response in history

>muh employment
Employed debt slaves are still debt slaves, and a nation of debt slaves employed by companies in debt slavery is not healthy.

>> No.17848805

>incoming EU lockdown
Ruh roh.

>> No.17848817

>>17845122
>t. 80 iq commie that thinks he has a brain

>> No.17848826

>>17848770

It's only a problem for economically useless 70+ year olds. Sure that's a moral question but it isn't a blight on how the economy functions. I would have preferred making the elders self quarantine moreso than shutting everything down but here we are.

>> No.17848836

>>17848690
>delete a bunch of high paying jobs and make everyone go work part time at minimum wagie positions
>"wow the economy is doing so well!"
Delusion

>> No.17848848
File: 247 KB, 784x551, cases.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17848848

It's only beginning.

>> No.17848872

>>17848153
https://youtu.be/H9hc8dD0aFE
:)

>> No.17848873
File: 105 KB, 951x599, leftypo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17848873

>>17847834
>>17847817
>all the leftypol subhumans in this thread
>If a Democrat was president, none of this would have happened.
You retards would have turned the country into commie mexico already.

>> No.17848909

>>17848836
But anon the percentage next to the bad word has gone down which means everything is okay
Just like when California turned carjackings into a misdemeanor
Bad number went down which means everything is okay!

>> No.17848918

>>17844985
It’s Trump’s fault. He pumped the markets beyond any reason using emergency tools. The clever thing would be letting the markets deflate back in 2018.

>> No.17848933

>>17848725
He didn't cause the virus, but he caused the huge market over-extension. Instead of investing money in the working class, he gave it in tax cuts to huge corporations. Which in turn fucked us.

>> No.17848935

>>17848848

>the only log scale line is China for some fucking reason

Adjust that for population. the US will be fine, we have 8x the healthcare infrastructure as Italy.

>> No.17848969

>>17847884
The bubble was his credit, the fact that it was so inflated and ready to burst is also to his credit

>> No.17848981

>>17848935
>for some fucking reason
I wonder.

The media and WHO sucking off China's obvious bullshit has been very tiring.

>> No.17848984

>>17848918

Not entirely. After 6 years of QE and 0% interest under Obama there wasn't much wherewithal for the Fed. They were steady increasing rates but couldn't move too quick or scare the economy back into recession. This happened too early.

Trump was dumb for taking credit for the stock market though, now his name is attached to its performance. It's a fickle thing that can crumble in moments like this where he may be doing an ok job in comparison.

>> No.17849004

>>17848935
Problem is, nobody's testing in the States. South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan have managed to get a grip on it because they know where the infection is. Meanwhile we're scrabbling in the dark.

>> No.17849011

>>17848935
Anon no one is getting tested, there are probably millions of undetected cases already, this is not going to end well no matter how many hospital beds you can shove people into

>> No.17849017

>>17848725
why are these comapnies so illiquid that they couldn't even afford to shut down for a month without mass layoffs?

>> No.17849018

>>17848909
>Just like when California turned carjackings into a misdemeanor
They really did?

>> No.17849037

>>17848918
>corona is due to drumpf!
>d-don't look at all the european countries that are handling the crisis much worse

Imagine being this retarded and deranged.

>> No.17849053

>>17848933

Lies.

https://www.westernjournal.com/bottom-half-households-nearly-50-richer-trump/

He inherited an economy that was on literal stilts. Sugar-charged with hardly any growth to show for the past decade. He's an idiot for beating his chest so much about it but the truth is his policies have been way better for the working class than globohomo Obama, who was ready to pass a bigger, Asian NAFTA before leaving office.

>> No.17849058
File: 26 KB, 640x517, 1583771934142.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17849058

>>17848477
dubs of unfortunate truth

>> No.17849076

>>17848564
but that 2 trillion is only going to have the purchasing power of 500b in yesterdays money

>> No.17849114

>>17849004
>>17849011

The fact is that, despite constant travel and commerce with China, our hospitals are still doing fine. Severe cases are still not overwhelming us. Testing aside, people who are seriously sick would be already burdening our infrastructure if we couldn't handle it because we're certainly not lagging Italy in contact with China.

And if this delay/lag in infections is due to the early travel restrictions against China that Trump put into place, that's CERTAINLY not a knock against him.

>> No.17849132

>>17848933
I thought working class also got tax cuts? They just can't send their money to the virgin islands or some such. And apparently they can also outsource all their workers there.

>> No.17849138

we are already back fag. FED actually did something right for once.

>> No.17849161

up 15% by end of t he day. BUY THE DIP YOU FUCKING MORONS

>> No.17849191

@OC97962r
retard

>> No.17849230

>>17849018
Anything that doesn't involve a death, rape, or serious injury is now essentially a 30 day sentence at most. Stealing less than 2500 dollars is not even an arrestable offense, neither is missing a court date. It's also completely legal to intentionally give people aids.

>> No.17849245

>>17848465
The US govt's response to it is.

>> No.17849287

>>17849114
>Severe cases are still not overwhelming us.
Not as of speaking. Wait another week. In any case, don't buy yet.

>> No.17849292
File: 225 KB, 533x333, homercollar.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17849292

>>17849191

>> No.17849296

>>17849230

People have the audacity to pretend Democratic-control is enviable when we have New York and California as stark testing grounds for their policies. Every middle class person there is trying to get out.

>> No.17849334

>>17849230
>. Stealing less than 2500 dollars is not even an arrestable offense
Source me on this one

>> No.17849346
File: 74 KB, 286x409, 1359000589931.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17849346

>>17849287

Ok, so it sounds like our preliminary travel restrictions were a good idea then and bought us time, huh?

Also nigga I ain't buying til April at the earliest. Trust me this is a bona fide bear market, the virus is a nothingburger but the economic freeze is not.

>> No.17849372
File: 40 KB, 398x376, 944A59EE-0BCC-401E-942E-D7FF01A74031.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17849372

>>17848780
>business as usual by May
jesus fuck teddit fag, thanks for the show of complete dumbfuckery and scientific illiteracy. come first week of may in the us the entire hospital system is 100% occupief with a mere 2 million wihan coronavirus casrs in the is. 4 days later there are twice as many cases and the case fatality rate jumps to the rate at which ICUs are meeded by infected infividuals. that is a 12% case fatality rate in the US minimum... starting first week of may. 4days later, 8 million cases. by the end of ghe month 100 million active infected with a minimum of 12% slated to die, of all ages and no correlation to underlying preexisting conditions. 12% is the italian rate, it will be higher in the us because like smoking, obesity is an equally grave confition and obese amerifats make up 40% of the population. expect case fatality rates of high teens amidst a COMPLETELY collapsed health care system THIS MAY... fucking kek. 100 million + infected, 10-20 million to die IN MAY-June.. and shit is just getting started.
>business as usual by May
keep telling yourself that. if you don't have a stockpile of food by then you are dead

>> No.17849437

>>17849245
Obama's govt response to H1N1: after 1,200 US deaths

Trump's govt response to corona: after a couple dozen US deaths

>> No.17849451

>>17849346
Honestly I think the ~1-2 week discrepancy between the US and European infection rates may be solely attributable to the Italians going out of their way to hug chinese tourists as a show of solidarity and then travel all over the continent, whereas in the US people didn't do that.

>> No.17849453

>>17849114
>Severe cases are still not overwhelming us.
Just wait, I'm friends with a Truma nurse who has been conducting pre-screens in Alabama, one of the lowest number states, and she says they're seeing 10-15 serious presumptive positives a day. That's 10-15 new people needing weeks on a respirator every day and this hasn't even begun.

>> No.17849483

>>17848969
>Trump made the economy run TOO good!!!

Seek psychological help.

>> No.17849522

>>17848933
>>17848918
>TRUMP MADE THE ECONOMY DO TOO WELL

>> No.17849549

>>17849453
>Asia
>EVERYONE GET TESTED WE'RE GOING TO CONTAIN THIS SHIT
>Europe
>ONLY TEST IF YOU HAVE SIGNS OF THE VIRUS OH FUCK WE'RE OVERWHELMED OH GOD OH FUCK EVERYONE IS DYING
>burgerland
>No one will die from coronavirus if no one gets tested for it!

>> No.17849570

>>17848794
Trump called a national fucking emergency after a paltry couple dozen US deaths.
His response was more than on point.

>> No.17849576

>>17849522
You are mentally ill. There's no helping you.

>> No.17849581
File: 74 KB, 750x1000, C7D74ED9-84D5-4E38-A361-F753E8DE1CA9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17849581

>>17849451
lrwegians had a week of holiday and the younger crowd went on a week long ski holiday there, and they brought it home. norway reacted as ineptly as trump, now norway is completely fucked. the us just isn't testing. don't worry, the virus will be sending them to ICUs very very soon

>> No.17849605

>>17849570
Yeah 10 weeks later than he should have, retard. Fuck off

>> No.17849608

>>17849570
If you unironically think only a few people are going to die from this you need to seek help

>> No.17849611

>>17849372

You're a fucking retard. This virus isn't half as bad as being hyped up, the economic response will be sharpest at the beginning of this. As it spreads and most gain herd immunity, we will relax controls.

Italy got overwhelmed AT THE VERY START. We did not and will not, governors are taking proactive measures across the union. Our infrastructure is way better than Italy's despite the memes from socialists.

>> No.17849617

>>17849334
He's a dirty smelly lying retard, except for the last one, that's probably true.

>> No.17849639

>>17849605
You don't call a national emergency after 0 deaths, anon.

>>17849608
>If you unironically think only a few people are going to die from this
what?

>> No.17849646
File: 11 KB, 256x256, 1351492304999.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17849646

>>17849605

He restricted travel with the source of the disease on January 31st. While the rest of the world was calling him reactionary for doing so. You guys are warming up now huh?

>> No.17849647

>>17849522
>>17849483
>bubble in stock market = economy doing well
"No"

>> No.17849652

>>17845925
This.

>reeeeee stop selling we'll stop it so you can think it over

>> No.17849675

>>17845925
free-falling market

>> No.17849676

>>17849191
dilate

>> No.17849681

>>17849605
Also, you must really hate Obama then, he waited until after 1,200 US deaths.

>>17849647
>stock at ATH
>employment at ATH
>liquidity all around
>STOP THIS BUBBLE RIGHT NOW RRRREEEEEEEE

>> No.17849698

>>17849639
>see other countries getting infected with plague
>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST CLOSE DOWN TRAVEL UNTIL YOU'VE ALREADY CONFIRMED COMMUNITY SPREAD WITHIN YOUR BORDERS
Get mental help

>> No.17849700

>>17845016
> is everyone on biz this fucking stupid

Newfag

>> No.17849719

>>17849453
>everyone tested positive needs to be in ICU
legit retard here

>> No.17849725

>>17849549
So west is dead and chink stocks are going to the moon next week?

>> No.17849738

>>17849698
But Trump did close down travel.
He was one of the first non-Asian state leaders to do so.

>> No.17849741

>>17849611
>we
>our
Found the guy who believes his government is perfect and incapable of wrongdoing/mistakes

>> No.17849768

>>17849646
>restricted travel with the source of the disease 2 months after the disease had started spreading and 1 month after the government demonstrated how bad it was by locking the whole country down
Am I supposed to be impressed?

>> No.17849787

>>17849453
A lot of americans will die but if you believe that testing positive means that you need an ICU then you're a legit retard.

>> No.17849811

>>17849681
>stock at ATH
A bubble
>Employment at all time high
Wheeee we replaced all the 2008 jobs that went bye bye with more mcwagie gig rackets, numbers went up!!
>liquidity all around
Clearly not given that the Fed has been pumping the repo market since September

Retard

>> No.17849829

>>17849768

Yes. Because the US has a low case load, even in hospitals, despite being the largest state in the entire West with a high dependence on Chinese trade. Give me a fucking break.

>> No.17849845

>>17849768
>Trump closes down travel ahead of nearly the entire Western world
>Trump calls a national emergency at a couple dozen US deaths (while Obama waited until 1,200)
>"TRUMP SHOULD'VE RESPONDED SOONER"

>> No.17849854

>>17849738
>But Trump did close down travel.
Too late
And then after he closed down travel he refused to promote testing within US borders, thus allowing community spread to foster instead of nipping it in the bud when it was a few isolated cassa

>> No.17849875

>>17849811
>economy booming
>employment booming
>RRRREEEEEEEE STOP THIS BUBBLE

>> No.17849876
File: 46 KB, 740x382, uh oh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17849876

>> No.17849888

>>17844829
Called it

>> No.17849920
File: 78 KB, 686x526, DBF84C9F-0294-4259-A0EF-9CEF1F72B10A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17849920

>>17847741
>People are going to stand for being forced to stay inside and beaten if they don't comply.
this is exactly why the US is doomed.
because everyone is too selfish and opposed to authority, they would never willingly follow a quarantine. it will be people saying “fuck trump, I’m not gonna do what he tells me to do” or “yeah I’m not doing what those govt kikes say I should they’re trying to get me POZZED”
plus everyone hates everyone else so no one cares about trying to help protect their neighbors and countrymen.
it will just go “haha glad those faggot libturds on the coast will all die” and “haha glad those nazi rethuglicans in flyover states will all die”
and they’ll both get their wishes

>> No.17849927

>>17849829
>Because the US has a low case load, even in hospitals, despite being the largest state in the entire West
Because literally nobody is being tested unless you're in Washington.
The official CDC policy for testing for Coronavirus is that they just won't test you unless you can prove that you either traveled to China/Iran/Italy or were in personal contact with someone who did, despite already knowing about internal spread within the US

>> No.17849928

This market today really doesn't seem like this is the big one or some repeat of '29 or or'87. It's well off the lows and doesn't seem to be re-testing them and the 10yr is gradually climbing. I understand it's early yet and yes, we did hit the breakers like 1 second after opening, but since then things seem oddly calm.

Am I missing something?

>> No.17849930

>>17849854

>DUDE WHEN YOU MASS TEST PEOPLE THAT MEANS YOURE SLOWING THE SPREAD

Working fantastically for the entirely locked down and overwhelmed states in Europe right. We are in the process of creating a proportionate response, actually at this point I think we're going overboard. Closing schools, entertainment venues, etc. is a good way to slow the spread but restaurants are a bridge too far.

>> No.17849937

>>17849854
>Trump is weeks ahead of the mainstream with his corona travel ban
>TRUMP SHOULD'VE RESPONDED SOONER RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Get a sphincter exam, you probably have TDS.

>> No.17849945

>>17847943
fucking this
meme flu was priced in after the first week or so
then oil got shorted into the dirt
now fed is trying their damndest to cause fucking bank runs because ????

>> No.17849957

happening canceled

>> No.17849961

>>17849845
>Trump closes down travel ahead of nearly the entire Western world
Europe being retarded does not mean Trump is any less retarded. This test is not graded on a curve.
>MUH OBAMA
Obsessed and irrelevant

>> No.17849963

>>17844829
please tell me what else you predict

>> No.17849969

>>17849928
Nah, everything's fine dude. Everything is real peachy.

>> No.17849982

>>17849927

Testing doesn't FUCKING MATTER. IF YOU HAVE SEVERE SYMPTOMS YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL If we were as progressively infected as you fags are claiming this would be happening... RIGHT NOW. NOT TOMORROW.

At the very fucking least we are absolutely, without a doubt lagging the rest of the world in proportional cases and that was due to SOMETHING we did weeks ago.

>> No.17849998

>>17849138
lol

>> No.17849999

>>17849875
>thinking that our employment numbers indicate a strong economy

Yes including everyone in the "gig" economy in addition to not factoring in people who have been jobless for 3+ months implies a prosperity.

>> No.17850014

>>17849930
>Working fantastically for the entirely locked down and overwhelmed states in Europe right.
European nations were also highly reluctant to test people, anon, Italy is the outlier.

>> No.17850031

>>17849875
stop responding to this retard

>> No.17850032
File: 11 KB, 224x224, 1583690868543.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17850032

>>17849961
>Trump is miles ahead of Europe and Obama in terms of pandemic response
>F-FUCK YOU TRUMP

>Trump presides over a booming economy and peak employment
>F-FUCK YOU TRUMP

>> No.17850047

>>17849875
>wageslave jobs = booming economy
top kek

>> No.17850052

>>17849875
mate are you clinically retarded?
banks were making billions from the housing market in 2006 and 2007, and it turned out to be a major bubble that crashed the world economy when it popped
the fact that the FED has been upping their repo operations and going to go back to QE means that the liquidity in the financial markets is drying up hard, and they are trying so desperately to save it, this is an even worse bubble then 2008

you're fucking stupid if you think that because the market has been going up on a completely speculative basis(there's no equivalent growth in real terms, production or labor) then that means there's no bubble then you should go ahead and kill yourself, do us all a favour

>> No.17850073

>>17849969
>Nah, everything's fine dude. Everything is real peachy.
That's not what I'm asking. Last night when the limit was hit, there were a lot of posts here about how this was "it" and how we were going to see 18k and all sorts of prophecies of doom.

Despite all the frothing, this honestly doesn't look as dire as people were saying.

>> No.17850085

>>17849982
>Testing doesn't FUCKING MATTER. IF YOU HAVE SEVERE SYMPTOMS YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL
You test because if someone who has the virus asymptomatically or mildly enough to be mistaken for a cold/flu doesnt realize they have it, they will go about their business and infect others who will go to the hospital. Informing of this so they can self quarantine is a necessary step in containing the rate of spread.
This is the most basic of all basic shit, anon.

>> No.17850122

>>17850032
>MUH EUROPE AND OBAMA
Irrelevant
>MUH BOOMING ECONOMY
Bubbled and wageslaved

>> No.17850140

>>17850052
>this is an even worse bubble then 2008
this
its like the bastard red headed stepchild of the tech bubble and the GFC all rolled into one

>> No.17850149

>>17850085

I get why you test. But your logic is backwards. Testing aside, if we were already at the point other nations are at our hospitals would be full of serious cases. They are not. The jury is out on how far the disease has progressed but the TRUTH. RIGHT NOW. Is that we DID lag the rest of the world for some reason, some countermeasure. We aren't any further from China than Italy is. If anything, Cali and Washington would be Italy-tier right now.

>> No.17850174
File: 73 KB, 600x400, 1380490483454.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17850174

>>17850014

So you're still confirming what I initially said in that we're behind other countries in infection rate for a reason. Why do I have to keep repeating myself.

>> No.17850180

>>17850140
oh yea
and throw in a bunch of weak handed panicky normalfags that shouldnt be in the market for flavor

hence VIX at 6 million

>> No.17850182

>>17850140
And not to mention auto loan defaults are at an all time high, and consumer credit as well.

>> No.17850220

>>17850122
Speed is relative, anon.
If Trump is miles ahead of the rest of the Western world AND ahead of his own predecessors, then he was simply "fast".

>>17850052
>>17850140
So what bubble burst, specifically?
1) the entire world economy tanked in response to the virus
2) the worst hit are things like airlines
3) stock related to vaccines etc. are often booming

The entire situation revolves around the virus, and nothing collapsed due to structural failure outside of that.

>> No.17850224
File: 99 KB, 743x800, 1483456637393.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17850224

>>17844829
IT'S HAPPENING

>> No.17850233

>>17849999
checked

>> No.17850235

>>17850182
plus muh nation under lockdown causing consumer spending to drop to basically nil

so many fucking problems all at once, but everyone seems to think this is all cuz muh meme flu

>> No.17850240

>>17850174
>>17850149
We aren't behind other countries in infection rates. We're behind in absolute numbers, and that's purely because we don't share an open land border with a retard infection hotspot like Italy was.

>> No.17850247

>>17850220
If the world economy can be killed by a virus, it's not a strong economy.

>> No.17850293

>>17849617
Faggot kike did the last one

>> No.17850302

>>17844545
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3mGuzqC9bI4

>> No.17850310

>>17850247
t. the dumbest guy in a thread full of idiots

>> No.17850325

>>17850220
>So what bubble burst, specifically?
All the banks engaging in leveraged speculative trading on corporate debt in every sector of the economy, debt which can't be paid back in the event of literally any unexpected market shakeup that could cause them to start going under en masse.
Aka the everything bubble.

>> No.17850359

>>17850240

We're behind in absolute numbers, despite being 5x as big as these other nations, sometimes more. That's a testament to reaction, not an indictment. Indict once we're actually more overwhelmed than others.

This "any day now" shit is tiresome. My state is already under virtual lockdown.

>> No.17850390

>>17850220
>The entire situation revolves around the virus, and nothing collapsed due to structural failure outside of that.
energy sector got hit by oil war news first not the virus
and secondly, the markets were on shaky ground since late 2019, that's when the fed repo operations started, look at their official website and look at the charts, this virus shit is only the needle that's pricking hte bubble

>> No.17850404

>>17850220
our economy imports everything from china on a just-in-time schedule
suddenly china stops working
oil demand gets crushed
then saudis and ruskies decide to get into a pissing match
while fed was in the middle of trying to unwind a decade of retarded ass stock buybacks

since the only thing our economy really does is spend, and create debt **which our currency is backed off of** the moment that lets off, you see the whole thing trying to find its real value
which is well below what we were at at ATHs

not to sound like a ZH writer or schiffposter, but its unironically the everything bubble
we were in a delicate place, it just seemed fine cuz everything was running
now its dont

>> No.17850419

>>17850359
>We're behind in absolute numbers, despite being 5x as big as these other nations, sometimes more.

However, we're not testing all suspected cases, so god knows what the actual number of infected is in the US.

>> No.17850435

>>17850359
Being bigger is a plus, it means that people aren't jam packed in like sardines like they are in Korea and China. Space = slower rates of transmission.
Unless you're places like Los Angeles or San Fransisco, both of which declared states of emergency independently of the government for a reason.
>this "any day now" shit is getting tiresome
That's what people in France said last week.

>> No.17850482

>>17850325
>>17850390
>>17850404
Yeah.
Nothing to do with the pandemic that's causing half the western world to go into lockdown.

>> No.17850499

>>17850482
>the point
>
>
>
>
>your head

>> No.17850512

>>17850220
>So what bubble burst, specifically?
The US stocks for one. The stocks rose way ahead of real economy for several years non-stop.

The oil popped because 2 out of 3 biggest producers stopped their cartel thing.

Meanwhile if you look at chink indexes they mostly stayed the same after the trade war started and popped their bubble.

>> No.17850518

Did the Fed intervene too early?

>> No.17850535

>>17850435

Well, this too. It's not like this whole country hasn't been reacting since last week, we are. And since the majority of the infected are coming from the West coast it means the virus has to travel the equivalent of 3 Euro states to get to the East.

This country is uniquely suited TO combating an intranational virus, not against it.

>> No.17850549

>>17850220
>The entire situation revolves around the virus

The virus triggered the sell-off but it's not the root cause. Real signs of trouble started last fall with the repo markets getting weird.

We never fully de-leveraged debt after 2008 - the bailout let the big banks keep on going. Then we had a decade of zero interest rates and QE which massively inflated asset values. Didn't help that the Trump administration/Fed designed their policies to be whatever would help the market pump.

Corona may have started things, but the sell-off we're seeing now is driven by deep systemic problems in our financial system.

>> No.17850554

>>17850499
Your point was the oil price dump.
The Arabs dumped the oil price because demand for oil was plummeting because more and more areas were going into lockdown.

>>17850512
Stocks dumped because of the virus.

>> No.17850565

>>17850419
likely much higher
a high school near me just got POZZED by some teacher.
kids all sent home
theres not even enough tests to test all of NYC alone, in the entire country rn
even if we wanted to (they dont) they couldnt test everyone

>>17850482
>the straw that broke the camels back
>SEEE THATS EVERYTHING
youre missing the point nigger
im saying that the economy was in a precarious position
the whole last week, and today, have been because of oil and a fed crisis, which are both infinitely more important issues
issues that we couldve/shouldve been addressing since the GFC.
but we didnt cuz muh numbers go up an shieet

>> No.17850577
File: 39 KB, 900x473, B3050CD6-063B-4883-9FAB-EEC758AD1823.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17850577

>>17847069

>> No.17850595

>>17849787
The ones who need an ICU need an ICU, yes. That's why I said "serious" cases.

>> No.17850596

>>17850565
>>17850549
>virus locks down half the western world in an unprecedented pandemic panic
>"th-this was just a trigger"

>> No.17850597

>>17850549

Shut the fuck up retard. When the entire global economy halts the stock market suffers big time. That is literally it, you're pulling shit out of your ass.

>> No.17850598

>>17850518
yes
but they were forced to because of all the repo shit they were in the process of doing
it was retarded, sure, but there wasnt much else they could do, especially with so little ammo in their belt

>> No.17850661

>>17850597
this

>> No.17850668

>>17850596
it was
the fundamental problems with our economy have been since the GFC, and the import/eport imbalance since NAFTA
this has been a long time coming m8

then throw in the fact that most of the market has been borrowing money from large banks to pump their own stocks for over 10 years
and what do you get?
a liquidity crisis

bank runs SOON™

>> No.17850669

>>17850518
they had no leeway in the first place, interest rates were already low for a long time, banks and coprorations were levereged to the tits, they had no more room to wiggle out
they backed themselves into a corner and now they are going to insane measures just to keep it floating

>> No.17850678
File: 1.57 MB, 3000x2532, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17850678

>>17844985
Imbecile

>> No.17850711
File: 16 KB, 462x434, 1575542842837.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17850711

>>17850668
>atomic bomb obliterates Hiroshima
>"yeah but some of the buildings weren't up to code so this was bound to happen anyway (also fuck Trump)"

>> No.17850713

>>17844985
Are you fucking retarded retard?

>> No.17850723

>>17850565
>likely much higher
>a high school near me just got POZZED by some teacher.
>kids all sent home
>theres not even enough tests to test all of NYC alone, in the entire country rn
>even if we wanted to (they dont) they couldnt test everyone

I have a friend in Contra Costa (California) who traveled to Seattle, then started showing classic symptoms -- 101 fever, cough. He went to his doctor and the doctor said he probably had it and he should go get tested. The county refused to test him because they don't have enough test kits and they're saving the ones they do have for people over 65 or at high risk.

I suspect this is happening all over the nation right now.

>> No.17850750

>>17850554
If the cause was directly virus then people would dump the virus related stocks like trasport, oil and crap, while buying the other ones.
Instead what happened is people dumping everything they had because we were at the peak bubble.

>> No.17850770

>>17850711
>some of the buildings weren't up to code
>some
the entire market and all the surviving large banks just tried to push the GFC under the rug
it wasnt SOME
it was ALL

>> No.17850782

>>17850750
Anon, this is a global panic.
No assets are safe.

>then people would dump the virus related stocks like trasport, oil and crap
Those are the hardest hit, yes.

>> No.17850814
File: 131 KB, 1080x1020, 1580207162233.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17850814

>>17850770
>THE ENTIRE ECONOMY WAS FAKE RRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>BUBBLE!! BUBBLEEEEEEE!!! BUBBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.17850839

>>17850782
it will ripple out to everything because the market has been pumped on borrowed money for a decade
and this will invariably lead to banks running into liquidity issues (which imo is why the real panic is happening as of right now)

>> No.17850897

>>17847817
Unironically, if Trump got impeached this wouldn't have happened. Think about that.

>> No.17850952

>>17850814
i get the feeling you werent economically lucid during the last crash
this is going to do the same thing
even if the virus were to clear up IMMEDIATELY, the damage has been done

all those stock buybacks are underwater HEAVY now.
and banks need that shit back ASAP or theyll run into liquidity issues very soon.
so its either the corporations, or the banks that will be needing to take the hit and/or get fucking bailed out.
AGAIN.

same shit, different decade
and this is because its literally the same fundamental problem that hasnt been addressed

>> No.17851011

>>17849372
I am going to laugh when none of this happens

>> No.17851126
File: 12 KB, 480x480, spoodermun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17851126

>>17845016
>is everyone this fucking stupid in here?
you must be new here.

>> No.17851138

>>17850814
>THE ENTIRE ECONOMY WAS FAKE
Yes. We never actually recovered from 2008.

>> No.17851166

>>17850839
>it will ripple out to everything because the market has been pumped on borrowed money for a decade
No, it will ripple out to everything because everything has been grinding to a halt.

>>17850952
>this is going to do the same thing
The last crash was caused by a financial system collapsing.

This crash was caused by the virus, and you're hoping that it WILL HAVE BEEN CAUSED by a financial system collapsing after the fact.

>> No.17851171

>>17850952
>and this is because its literally the same fundamental problem that hasnt been addressed
How many more times in a row does the economy need to be destroyed by banks lending/trading on margin before doing so is banned?

>> No.17851183

In other news, all WA state restaurants and bars are ordered to close at midnight on Tuesday. No indication when they'll be allowed to re-open, but this is going to be a major hardship for the people who work there.

>> No.17851235

>>17851171
While margin shit is degenerate gambling, this crash was not caused by that at all.

>> No.17851290

>>17850952
>all those stock buybacks are underwater HEAVY now.
>and banks need that shit back ASAP or theyll run into liquidity issues very soon.

Can you say more about this? It's an angle I hadn't considered. Can't the banks hold until the stock price comes back, or are you saying they'll have to book a loss if it doesn't?

>> No.17851365

>>17851235
Anon, the banks have secretly been in a liquidity crisis for 6 months now. Take the 2008 market crash and replace "subprime mortgages" with "corporate debt" and you have the situation today. They've been leveraging the fuck out of this debt which is why they've been having problems even before Corona-chan came along (because these shitty businesses are actually shitty and can't pay that debt back, they only look attractive at a 30,000 ft level because we're in a bubble)

>> No.17851503

>>17851365
That's what happens when you bail them out.

>> No.17851566
File: 156 KB, 1000x1000, LOL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17851566

>>17851365
>secretly

>> No.17851575

>>17851503
That's not the point. This crash has been a long time coming. Coronavirus may have accelerated the timetable, but it was inevitable.

>> No.17851673

I'm so happy we can have the exact same crash happen and the big men at the top can be bailed out while taking zero losses, and I, or my parents, won't be able get another job for a year probably.
God, I'm so happy we're going to accept this happening all over again.

>> No.17851702

>>17851575
>meteor crushes building
>"see I told you the building wasn't up to code!"

>> No.17851756

>>17851575
Thats exactly the point. These banks are being intentionally overleveraged and careless because they know they will be bailed out again.They can make billions and they can dump all their risk in the taxpayer. Moral hazard is real

>> No.17851772

>>17851702
how is "meteor crushes building" a good analogy for an economy which has been slowly declining for many decades, repeatedly being propped up by economic intervention of central banks, until the cracks in the dam finally are too big to hold back the flood?

>> No.17851810

>>17851772
>economy
>slowly declining for decades

Wasn't it a bubble?
You Trump haters should make up your mind.

>> No.17851817

>>17851702
More like a meteor destroys a building that was already coincidentally in the middle of a collapse, at which point the reaction is "well since the building was literally in the process of collapsing as the meteor struck, I guess its structural problems were not rooted in the meteor impact but instead existed for a long time prior to these events."

>> No.17851828

>>17851673
this. blood needs to get spilled this time

>> No.17851831
File: 261 KB, 1228x1300, clocks have no hands.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17851831

>>17851171
hopefully, once the dust settles this will be the last time we need to be reminded
but after watching how 08 was handles, im not holding my breath

>>17851290
the banks arent holding the stock anon
the corporations THEMSELVES are holding their own stock
thats what stock buybacks are. the execs buy it back from their own shareholders, and it pumps the stock. no one complains on the way up obviously, so its gone unchecked for a decade.
the banks are just holding the debt lent to the corporations.

the problem is that with everything else crashing, the banks need those loans back to provide liquidity for themselves and their other clients. but since the corps are ALSO way underwater (on borrowed money no less) then they cant sell out either. especially not because this would crash em even further in the middle of a panic.

hence why the fed has been doing unprecedented overnight repos to try and help unwind them (and this was going on well before the virus even existed)

so the options are very similar to the GFC, except it now has two branches (cuz even the banks themselves have been doing buybacks)
either the corporations get bailed out, or the banks do. but since the corporations cant exist without the large banks, im betting a SHITTON of the corps are going to the bottom of the ocean.
and this will cause most of the US pops to lose their jobs, pensions, houses, everything
thats why im calling it "too big to fail 2: electric boogaloo"
its literally the same problem as last time. it was simply unadressed

>> No.17851854

>>17851817
>economy
>in the middle of a collapse

Wasn't it in the middle of a bubble?
You Trump haters should make up your mind.

>> No.17851879

>>17851854
>Wasn't it in the middle of a bubble?
We were witnessing the bubble pop independently of corona for the entirety of autumn/winter 2019, the press just didn't make a big deal out of it to avoid panic.

>> No.17851897

>>17851831
>the banks arent holding the stock anon

Thank you, Anon, I appreciate your time and clear explanation.

>> No.17851902

>>17850952
>all those stock buybacks are underwater HEAVY now.
I think I'm finally getting it, companies were buying their own stock WITH LEVERAGE?
And of course they were deemed good borrowers because of the value of their own stock?
It's a nice circle lmao

>> No.17851947
File: 25 KB, 569x473, us economy autumn winter 2019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17851947

>>17851879
>We were witnessing the bubble pop independently of corona for the entirety of autumn/winter 2019
lmao, are you sure?

>> No.17851969

>>17851902
For example Boeing has spent 43 billion on stock buybacks since 2013. Their stock is now down over 50% in the last 3 months, they have no cash and they're drawing on all lines of credit.

>> No.17852005

Huh, another $500b. I hope it goes better than last time.

>> No.17852026

>>17851947
>muh inflated stocks
Yes
https://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/opolicy/operating_policy_190920

>> No.17852062

>>17852026
People like you have been crying "inflated stocks" ever since Trump got into office three years ago.
Hell, for decades.

>> No.17852141

>>17852062
>People like you have been crying "inflated stocks" ever since Trump got into office three years ago.
That's because the stocks have been inflated for the last 12 years, retard. Most of the economic recovery since 2008 is illusory, existing only on wall street spreadsheets and executive bonuses.

>> No.17852171

>>17852141
Whatever you say, oh wise one.

>> No.17852191

>>17851854
>trump
my dude if you wanna point a finger at a fucking politician, then youre going to have to go back several terms. and even then, this is more because of the fact that the fed bailed out the banks, then dropped rates to almost zero to bribe everyone back into the market on what was essentially free money. it was never any more than a temporary fix.
but then it went on for 10+ years, and unsurprisingly, the banks, and the corporations borrowing from them, got addicted to the free money.

the only thing that the don really did for wall st directly was corporate tax cuts right after he got in. and the market obviously loved it
this shit thats happening right now as we speak has about as much to do with donny boy as it does shillary. that is to say, almost nothing

i will admit that i wish he had been more proactive about shutting the gates, but its all water under the bridge now.

>>17851897
np man
people should already know this stuff imo, but then i remember that im prolly a bit older than some of you guys, and ive already seen this episode before, while some of you guys havent.
i was just out of high school when the last one happened. i watched school tuition basically triple in like 2 years and then realized it wasnt schools getting more expensive, it was our dollar getting more worthless.

thankfully, i could just pirate most school textbooks, so i took it upon myself to try and suss it all out somewhat, as no one back then could give me a straight answer either.
the reality is even more complex, but its above my paygrade unfortunately.

>> No.17852236

>>17851902
eactly
and with fed funds at all time lows, and recently regulated by dodd frank memes, they were starved for interest rates
so they got em.
by plunging an entire generation into impossible student debt, and by making a nice little infinite credit cycle with the corporations

>> No.17852289

>>17852171
I'll take your concession.

>> No.17852358

>>17852191
>people should already know this stuff imo, but then i remember that im prolly a bit older than some of you guys, and ive already seen this episode before, while some of you guys havent.

Yeah, I was finishing college in '87 when that shitshow went down. 2001 was fun, 2008 was a little scary, but this one feels like all three of those rolled into one.

>> No.17852362

>>17852289
So according to you we've been in a bubble for 12 fucking years, and only now did it pop, coincidentally at a time when the world is getting locked down due to an unprecedented pandemic.
Sure thing, lil buddy.

>> No.17852410
File: 2.44 MB, 320x320, 2f4ca16994935220067f162ceb0838f8a4a2c85937e910fb1a79d026226f78a6.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17852410

>>17852358
>but this one feels like all three of those rolled into one
doesnt it tho?
fuck man, were really in for it now

>> No.17852461

>>17852362
anyone watching the market once powpow got the chair and started raising rates couldve seen it.
the market was going through withdrawals from the free money being taken away from them.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action