[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 78 KB, 444x460, 1485523532974.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1774869 No.1774869 [Reply] [Original]

I'm studying a STEM major.

How possible is to get an average stem job and then live frugally, saving the most, investing all my saved money and then retiring after a few years to enjoy live?

how long should It take me, taking into account my major will give me 60-80k per year.

>> No.1774960

>>1774869
That's assuming you know anything about networking and can get a job. Having a degree doesn't necessarily mean you'll automatically get one. So many people get huge loans thinking that if they get a impressive degree they will be wanted, that is so very wrong.

You didn't mention which major, which means I don't know what industry you will be working in, where you will be living, your expenses, the loan interest or anything to help paint the picture to make a guess worth guessing.
Details my man, it's all in the details.

That being said. I have 4 friends who have STEM degrees. One in CsmpSci, Ba Physics, Instrumentation, and some Ba Biology.

The biologist and physics people have full time jobs extended from their co-op.
The instrumentation and comp sci guys are working at Chapters paying off their loans.

Good rule of thumb is no matter what STEM degree you get, if you know how to network and market yourself, you will land a job.

>> No.1774963

>>1774960
software engineering, planing on getting a work visa and work in toronto.

>> No.1774965

>>1774960
BTW I'm from colombia, so college will be cheap or free.

>> No.1774979

>>1774963
>>1774965
pffff. good luck with that. just some word of advice, don't fall into deep depression get they don't accept you.

t. another third world shithole person the dared to dream and believed the lies of the canadian immigration system