[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 32 KB, 300x243, unnamed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17743922 No.17743922 [Reply] [Original]

I really hope we can kick off a proper discussion about wealth generation instead of the hundreds of threads spamming meme coins by people who have no real money.

True investing and wealth creation is not riding the daily speculation roller coaster, this is a game that is wired to cause losses. It's beyond stupid to buy something because you think it might go up, that's speculation and even people who are professionals at it generally never beat the index funds over a 5 year average.

I'm liquid, hold two cash generating investment properties and USD $111k in available cash.
I'm not going to try and catch a falling knife, I will get in on the rebound.

A wise very rich business associate taught me when I was young. That you don't make money when you sell, only when you buy, because you can't sell anything above the market level. So buy undervalued or it's just rank speculation.

Second rule is that no profit is real until you realize it

So if you're not liquid now you need to wait Nd build your war chest and then be ready next time.

My advice, learn how to start a business, learn how to read a balance sheet, learn about taxation and interest.

I'm not that old, have no university education, but independently wealthy and own a company.

Tell me how you are going to build your war chest, keeping in mind that if you save at a lower rate than inflation you are going backwards.

>> No.17744085

Please disregard and continue spamming meme coins

>> No.17744273

I hate you all

>> No.17744459
File: 580 KB, 1664x2560, II BG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP knows what's up. Day traders and coin cucks get fucked.

>> No.17744514

>>17744459
I have that book.

>> No.17744612

>>17743922
Most here are unintelligent ponzi shilling retards. I agree that building capital takes time and return generating assets are important. This upcoming recession will help with your rule #1

>> No.17744779

>>17743922
>I'm not a dumb money speculator, I'm a savvy long term investor
>Dollar cost average? What's that? You gotta time the market just right bro. Don't want to catch falling knives!

>> No.17744818

>>17744612
I agree, when stocks start to bounce I will buy good blue chip companies and sell the moment they get within 5% of their price before the crash.
I will hold some of the stocks with good dividends but not all of it, I will move my initial investment out by selling to the value of my seed funding and move it into property. Rinse and repeat every cycle.

>> No.17744824

>>17744514
Too bad you didn't comprehend it.

>> No.17744882

>>17744779
You advocate dollar cost investing in every market condition?
Anyone who invests when P/E ratios are worse than bank interest is a retard.

>> No.17744943

>>17744824
Much of it is outdated, there are very few hedging options that are not wildly speculated on and over inflated.

With the fed reserve pumping cash into the economy, the value of all assets went up as the value of cash went down. Inflation for everyone.

>> No.17744958

>>17744882
>You advocate dollar cost investing in every market condition?

Yes

>Anyone who invests when P/E ratios are worse than bank interest is a retard.

If you believe that then why do you bring up Benjamin Graham, since that's exactly what he advocates? Do you think he's a retard?

>> No.17745161

>>17744943
I'll be honest, you don't sound like you're researching the underlying values of companies you buy at all. You're just looking at prices. You wanna buy low sell high flip flip swing scalp. You mock coin cucks but have the exact same mentality. If not worse since even stinkies, as deluded as they are, believe they hold something with unrecognized underlying value.

>> No.17745319

>>17744958
Do I think Benjamin Graham would buy in an over inflated economy... No and Buffet doesn't either.

>>17745161
I mentioned good companies, you still have to do the research and obvuouy the first companies you buy into are the ones least affected in terms of their cash flow, such as grocery chains and primary producers. Buying Apple or Tesla just because it's down is as retarded as buying it just because you think it might go up.

>> No.17745778

Over the past 13-14 years I've seen so many people go bust on the exact same real estate development deal that any time someone suggests that anything is an easy 2x, 4x, 10x etc etc I have an involuntary bout of laughter.