[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 139 KB, 800x500, 48552925.cached.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1759631 No.1759631 [Reply] [Original]

When did you get redpilled about the fact that getting rich is mostly luck?

>> No.1759651

Do people really buy bs like that. Fucking, tigers, cars and over priced trinkets. Unless you're a multi billionaire making even more billions yearly and this stuff is pocket change to you. It's realy dumb "What did I tell you Tony! De flash won't last"

>> No.1759653

When I realized that the harder I worked the better my luck got.

Guess I'm just a lucky guy.

>> No.1759656

>>1759631
>that getting rich is mostly luck?

To a lazy unmotivated NEET, it seems like luck. But to those who put in the long hours, hard work and reap the rewards of success, its not "luck".

>> No.1759668

>>1759651
you are dumb. those trust fund kids get massive money by flashing their wealth on instagram, it's a never ending cycle of buying fancy things and having an awesome lifestyle while generating more wealth throught social media while you wagecuck. Insanely perfect.

>>1759656
>muh hard work
1950 wants his meme back

>>1759653
you are a poor wagecuck

>> No.1759674

>>1759668
Sounds like a terrible lifestyle

>> No.1759676

>>1759668
So what exactly is the message here?

>> No.1759681

>>1759668

Another angry rat kid, enjoy your poverty.

>> No.1759683
File: 31 KB, 601x508, wagecuckIRL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1759674
Yep, getting 4 figures per instagram post must suck.

>>1759681
>e-enjoy y-your p-poverty

>> No.1759689

Why does /biz/ always use those few trust fund kiddies on Instagram as the definition of rich?

>> No.1759691

>>1759689
It's just one guy with mental issues.

Just ignore his posts and he'll get bored and go to another board

>> No.1759698

>>1759689
>trust fund kiddies on Instagram

red pill me on this pl0x

>> No.1759750

>>1759689
>>1759691
Is this how you cope?

There's more and more good looking people making more than you wagecucks make by taking pictures while wearing sunglasses.

>>1759698
>inherit money
>show your fast cars hot girls lifestyle
>get tons of traffic
>generate even more money
>now your work is being rich
Dan Bilzerian took this to the next level. Now he can make 6 figures per instagram post if he wanted with all those millions of followers, but he doesn't need to advertise anything.

>> No.1759753

>>1759750
>can make 6 figures per instagram post
Who pays him?

>> No.1759774
File: 1.73 MB, 250x250, godtier.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1759753
anyone wanting to promote his product

so all those good looking people get paid to wear jeans, sunglasses, or even not even bother and take a pic of his dog while putting a link in the description

you also got all those NEETs that got big on jewtube transitioning into instagram and getting revenue there too by promoting videogames (this is the alternative for us subhumans that aren't good looking)

everything else is dogshit and slavery in 2017. only cucks don't realize this fact yet.

>> No.1759777

>t. autistic NEET who lost all his money on a memecoin

Look kid, if you get a job or start a business, you'll understand. While you are at the library, read a book instead of posting on /biz/

>> No.1759779

>>1759777

And not Rich Dad Poor Dad lmao

>> No.1759789

>>1759750
Nope I'm perfectly fine working hard to be rich. I'm just saying you can't define rich people by what you see on instagram while that vast majority doesn't flaunt their wealth and rather stay anonymous.

>> No.1759799

>>1759653
Are you rich though? Didn't think so.

>>1759656
It is luck you retard. Those kids never worked a day in their lives and never will. They are the sons and daughters of oligarchs.

https://www.instagram.com/richkidslondon/

>> No.1759801

>>1759789
You are not going to get rich by working hard you god damn cuck. That's the point. You need that x factor, that quintessential luck to break even get rich.

Wagecucking for 60 years then being a bald old tired man about to get cancer as you make your first million after studying and working throught your prime and putting it all on grandpa tier stuff like a 401k and the dow is not getting god damn rich you boneless cuck.

>>1759777
>muh start a business meme

You have more chances going all in on bitcoin than starting yet another useless business destined to fail. At least you are doing something radical.

>> No.1759808

>>1759801
I already am and that's the result of 60 years of hard work, a tedious learning process, sensible decision making and a lot of trial and error.

Not a lot of luck in there.

>> No.1759811

>>1759801
>You have more chances going all in on bitcoin than starting yet another useless business destined to fail.

Gonna have to disagree there.

Starting a business is still probably the best way to become a billionaire. The real question is: is there room for any kind of startup that isn't tech related?

>> No.1759813

>>1759631
spelled networking wrong

>> No.1759815

>>1759808
Age and net worth?

>> No.1759817

>>1759813
>networking

How is being born to rich parents "networking"?

Jesus Christ some people are dumb.

>> No.1759819

>>1759801

>muh bitcoin

>business destined to fail

Thought so. My spectrum senses were tingling.

Look you pathetic beta fag, you didn't go to college, you don't have any work ethic, so you browse instagram all day, dreaming what an easy life you could have if you were born into wealth. Then you come on /biz/ and complain about how you weren't lucky enough to be born rich.

You don't know hard work doesn't get you rich because the only hard work you know is wanking until you shoot blanks.

You don't want to start a business because you are afraid of risk, you don't want to go to college because it is a waste of time to you.

I can't wait until you die poorer than you were born, all because you were on 4chan all day waiting for inheritance money.

>> No.1759820

>>1759811
That's a good question. Anything not tech related has both massive startup cost AND high regulation.

>> No.1759826

>>1759815
About 28M give or take.

>> No.1759828

>>1759826
Congratulations. You made it.

Your post said 60 years of hard work though. Did you inherit the family business or something?

>> No.1759829
File: 42 KB, 1555x311, YourFuture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1759808
>60 years of hard work
So you are a grandpa browsing 4chan

>>1759811
You need luck anyway. Case in point: How the fuck did this meme get a 5 million offer?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4147428/Student-16-offered-5m-money-saving-website.html

This pajeet supposedly makes a shitty website and someone wants to buy it for 6 million

Some chink makes Flappy Bird and gets 5 figures a day on ad revenue

Some idiots make yet another "upload pics here you damn normies" and somehow gets viral

Some idiots makes yet another viral website (viralnova) and it gets tons of traffic

The list is endless. Shitty products getting tons of cash, meanwhile the rest of shitty products get nothing

REAL geniuses like John Carmack that actually come up with gamechangers are gifted, we are not.

What the fuck are you going to offer in a scenario where there is an unlimited cesspool of shit already?

Don't get me wrong, at least Flappy Bird was an addictive little game, but the thing is, there are a million other addictive little games out there. The determination of one going viral and making you rich comes down to god damn luck.

Nobody would have guessed that bitcoin would become the next financial revolution when it was worth peanuts. 99% of people would have never guessed a single bitcoin to reach 4 figures in their wildest dreams.

And so on.

>> No.1759833

>>1759826
>>1759828
Oh here we go. Another delusional trust fund babby with small millionare loans.

>> No.1759841

>>1759828
>>1759833

Yes it's a family business. And I know you will scream at me saying that it is only luck that I'm rich because I was born into it, but that's not the question here.

OP claimed the creation of wealth itself is merely the result of chance which is certainly not the case here.

>> No.1759843

>>1759829
>The list is endless. Shitty products getting tons of cash, meanwhile the rest of shitty products get nothing

I don't know if that's dumb luck or brilliant marketing. Probably a mix of the two.

It's true that I often look at websites and think "how the fuck is this so successful?" At the end of the day consumers are fickle and don't always choose the best products or websites.

>> No.1759846

>>1759841
Yeah these kids are working really hard...

https://www.instagram.com/richkidsuk1/

>> No.1759853

>>1759841
Yes, you were lucky to be born into wealth.

We are talking about getting rich in your lifetime. What's the point in any other case?
And by lifetime I mean while you are still young so you can actually enjoy life.

It all comes down to luck, as previously demonstrated.

>> No.1759863

>>1759843
Visit the actual website

www.weneed1.com

It's dogshit. What does it do that it's worth 5 million?

I actually have doubts the news are even real. Maybe they paid dailymail to report on it to get traffic on his site?

Then again, why would dailymail need to do that? they get millions of dollars uploading Kim Kardashian's latest bootty pictures.

What about the viralnova guy? that was fucking ridiculous.

There's just too much shit on the internet, and the real good stuff does not need any marketing, because its insanely rare (again, a guy like John Carmack was destined for success, he is a genius, we are peasants)

>> No.1759870

>>1759863
Yeah that's pretty fucking terrible. I can only assume that those investors saw what the website could become not what it is.

What's the story behind viralnova? I can understand why it's popular: every article is clickb8. Who writes them though?

>> No.1759877

>>1759631
You can get rich with wise short term investments.
So far the best bet is on the Iconomi coin. It is the Forex, it is the NASDAQ of cryptos.

>> No.1759902

started a startup, made a lot of money
did the same thing again, lost a lot of money
did the same thing again, made a lot of money
did the same thing again, lost a lot of money

i'm pretty sure it's mostly luck, other than doing unethical/immoral stuff.

>> No.1759927

>>1759870
>Who writes them though?
probably underpaid people, pajeets, who knows

>>1759877
Stop spamming that meme. You still failed to answer if you need to hold the ICN tokens platform to get dividends or not, because if yes, then it's already a failure since it's like asking people to hold their coins on exchanges (a recipe for dissaster). The point of crypto is to hold the private keys yourself.
I dont think you even know how ICN works.

>>1759902
4 startups? lets hear about that.

In any case, yes, getting rich is about stricking a couple of home runs in a row (or a huge single one like bitcoin back in 2009)

>> No.1759931

>>1759631
WHEN YOU WORKIN HARD THEN YO MONEY START EXPANDIN'!!!!

>> No.1759935

>>1759631
You're retarded, OP. Being BORN into wealth is luck, the rest is skill/hard work.

Pro tip: networking and building meaningful relationships that can be advantageous to you is part of working.

>> No.1760031 [DELETED] 

>>1759935
You fucking autist. Most hard working skillfull entepreneurs aren't rich. My dad has had his own business for years, he is skilled, he made a lot of money in the good ol days when people weren't as broke, he has a convertible and all that (which he bought when he was already bald and old so whats the point, you dont get to enjoy the full experience), but other than that he was always frugal, he has a couple properties, he owns another business as well, but never had a million in the bank, he still works hard at age 60, he is stressed all the fucking time because things don't go as planned in the real world. The passive income he gets from everything would be able to retire you and pay all the stuff comfortably, so he still needs to work. It's sad to see how someone works so hard while Mr Normie makes 5 figures playing Happy Wheels on youtube and opening CS:GO boxes and whatnot.

Being RICH means lucking out. Being rich means finding that X fucking factor, being at the right place doing the right thing, call it whatever you want. It is outside of your fucking control and it cannot be reached with skill/hardwork.

Being rich means by age 30 you found that something that retires you for life because you got enough money to live off interest/passive income from the shit you bought with your meme business that lucked out and went viral/your social media content crap, your coin investment that went to moon...

It's all about breaking the time/money graph and in order to do that you need LUCK. Nobody wants to be old bald and tired to enjoy your retirement which still sucks ass compared to actual rich people.

>> No.1760044
File: 30 KB, 1169x680, lucklawrich.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You fucking autist. Most hard working skillfull entepreneurs aren't rich. My dad has had his own business for years, he is skilled, he made a lot of money in the good ol days when people weren't as broke, he has a convertible and all that (which he bought when he was already bald and old so whats the point, you dont get to enjoy the full experience), but other than that he was always frugal, he has a couple properties, he owns another business as well, but never had a million in the bank, he still works hard at age 60, he is stressed all the fucking time because things don't go as planned in the real world. The passive income he gets from everything wouldn't be able to retire you and pay all the stuff comfortably, so he still needs to work. It's sad to see how someone works so hard while Mr Normie makes 5 figures playing Happy Wheels on youtube and opening CS:GO boxes and whatnot.

Being RICH means lucking out. Being rich means finding that X fucking factor, being at the right place doing the right thing, call it whatever you want. It is outside of your fucking control and it cannot be reached with skill/hardwork.

Being rich means by age 30 you found that something that retires you for life because you got enough money to live off interest/passive income from the shit you bought with your meme business that lucked out and went viral/your social media content crap, your coin investment that went to moon, your viral memeapp... (and again, actual geniuses like John Carmack that actually create and innovate don't count, those are the modern Einsteins)

It's all about breaking the time/money graph and in order to do that you need LUCK. Nobody wants to be old bald and tired to enjoy your retirement which still sucks ass compared to actual rich people.

>> No.1760234

Legit. Not being mad at not being a lucky money generating NEET via playing games/taking pictures/any other low effort hobbies = putting vaseline on your ass and taking a big black cock like a champ.

Just lol at being part of the bottom of this ponzi scheme. No incel worker bee for me.

>> No.1760259

>>1759631
You sound bluepilled as fuck.

>> No.1760311

>>1760259
>Is deluded enough to think that people get rich through hard work, when we see tons of poorfags working two jobs just to feed themselves while rich kids are born into money
>still clings on to the hope he will be able to be rich just by being yourself
>thinks OP is "blue pilled" for pointing out an honest reality

>> No.1760521

>>1760311
I'm not the one claiming the only way to get rich is to be the beneficiary of a supernatural force. Everything else you said is just you projecting.

>> No.1760551
File: 46 KB, 367x380, 7bf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1759631
>gold bentley
I guess money can't buy taste

>> No.1760554

>>1759631
It aint tho...

Busting my ass and up to $300 a month passive income.

I get to 3k ima quit my job and work part time for cash while growing to at least 10k per month. Live off 5. Reinvest 5.

Give myself a percentage raise yearly based off of performance to stay motivated.

>> No.1760590

>>1760521
Luck isn't a "supernatural force". It's just random chance.

Were you born into a rich family? Congratulations. You never have to work.

Were you born into poverty? Enjoy working like a dog your whole life just to make ends meet.

The notion that hard work = financial wealth is the bluepill my friend. And you've taken it in the form of a suppository.

>>1760554
Dropshipping?

>> No.1760622

>>1760590
You're focused too much on the concept of luck and are missing the point that winning the genetic lottery isn't the only way to get rich.

>> No.1760658

>>1760622
We are not talking about winning the genetic lottery. It has been explained through this thread:

>>1759829
>>1760044

Luck is not necessarly looking like David Gandy, or being gifted for a certain sport, or being gifted to be the next John Carmack.

All those normies in Youtube making millions, had luck.

All those neets making sites and apps going viral as fuck, had luck.

99% of people that bought into Bitcoin were too stupid to see how revolutionary it was initially, most people that held for years did so because they even forgot they had them: had luck.

List goes on.

You can work as hard as you want, but to break even in the time/money variable you need LUCK.

Im not saying "do nothing, lay down and rot".

Im saying, all odds are against you, hard work in the classic sense is not going to make you rich. Wagecucking and saving and putting it into grandpa stocks as you are a frugalcuck is not going to make you rich.

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU GET RICH. THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE SAVINGS WHEN YOU ARE OLD AS FUCK.

>> No.1760661

>>1760554
Tell us more. You seem very convinced that you can scale up whatever you are doing.

>> No.1760668

>be me
>have smart uncle with patent to oil recovery system
>uncle dies
>feelsbadman
>leaves patent rights to dad and me
>get call from interested parties with resources to make patent into reality
>license patent to dude
>collect 15% on costs of multimillion dollar plant because uncle invented it
>collect perpetual royalties
>overnight millionaire
>feelsgoodman

My only question is do I have to become a Jew now?

>> No.1760671
File: 13 KB, 552x524, main-qimg-75bd2c675008bc64a14b15581198d5b4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT:
>OP trolls /biz/ by saying getting rich is luck
>/biz/ whines that you can get rich by hard work
>no one admits that intelligence is the primary determinative of wealth

Why? Because you're all dummies, obviously.

>> No.1760676

>>1760671
being born intelligent is also just luck.

>> No.1760681

>>1760676
Naw, unapplied intelligence is unutilized intelligence. In order to turn a facile brain into a wealth machine, it need to be feed, nurtured, and exercised.

But if you do use your brain, the dollars flow like rain. Society values smart people, a lot more than they value hard workers. There are lots of hard working garbage men, gardeners, and programmers. None of them are rich.

>> No.1760688

>>1760681
>None of them are rich.
if you believe that, you're not one of the smart ones.

>> No.1760697

>>1760658
The counter example used was the genetic lottery, so that's what I responded with.

You seem hung up on the idea that hard work alone doesn't make you rich. You're right, it doesn't. However, that's not really the point. There are ways to get rich, and none of it is about luck. It's about knowing your business, owning the product of your own labor, and owning capital. Very few people get rich by just falling in to it. It's all about being able to take advantage of opportunities, and using wealth to build more wealth. Similarly, maintaining wealth is also a skill, else you end up losing the family fortune or having your financial handlers ripping you off.

>> No.1760699

>>1760688
Cool story brah. Enjoy your life as a garbage man, gardener, or programmer. Be sure to let know how the riches are rolling in.

>> No.1760701

>>1760697
>maintaining wealth is also a skill
it's actually the bigger problem.

most people that get rich won't stay rich.

>> No.1760703

>>1760699
almost all wealthy people own businesses. Some of those businesses include gardening, programming, and garbage collection.

actually most of them are in unskilled services you look down on. And that's fine, it's part of the IQ test you speak of. If you can't imagine a gardener making millions of dollars you're not that smart.

>> No.1760709

>>1760668
>not asking for 25 - 40%
C U C K

>> No.1760711

>>1760701
>most people that get rich won't stay rich.

Things poor people say to themselves as they cry themselves to sleep. Let's stick with "Poorfags Speak" for $800, Alex.

>> No.1760720

>>1760711
>Things poor people say to themselves as they cry themselves to sleep.
the average millionaire in the US has 3.5 bankruptcies behind them.

about 3% of US residents will be in the top 1% of wealth at some point in their life. If you can do 5th grade math you should see this means most rich people don't stay rich.

>> No.1760726

>>1760720
>the average millionaire in the US has 3.5 bankruptcies behind them.
#FakeNews
>about 3% of US residents will be in the top 1% of wealth at some point in their life. If you can do 5th grade math you should see this means most rich people don't stay rich
#SomeoneDoesntKnowHowStatisticsWork

>> No.1760746

>>1760726
>#SomeoneDoesntKnowHowStatisticsWork
explain it to me then, dipshit.

how is it in your magical universe 3% of people can be in the top 1% without some of them falling from the top 1% at some point?

in what magical Disney fantasyland do you live where getting rich is an automatic guarantee you'll STAY rich? Do you suck your own toes and drool at the dinner table?

Are you a fucking retard?

>> No.1760748

>>1759801
>be 60 years old
>I am finally a millionaire after wageslaving my whole life!
>spends it all in a hospital bill and dies

>> No.1760762

>>1760746
>>1760746
Being triggered isn't an argument. You splurg as stupidly as you post. Enjoy poverty, dummy.

>> No.1760765

>>1760762
>no explanation.

that's what I thought. You're retarded. Now we both know it.

>> No.1760772

>>1760765
Says the guy so cripplingly jealous of successful people that he ties to convince himself that they won't stay successful.

Son, whatever helps you sleep. But seriously, wtf.

>> No.1760813

Clearly people are talking about different levels of rich.

To get Porsche in the driveway rich, hard work (and time) is really all you need. I suppose a minimal amount of luck to not have an IQ of 80 or something too but really just become a doctor and you're richer than 95% of people.

But to get Gulfstream in the hanger rich, you need luck. Hard work is most definitely required too (excluding trust fund babies), but at some point you also need to catch a break or three. Maybe its just a right place right time situation you can capitalize on.

>> No.1760814
File: 35 KB, 680x383, photo_2017-01-27_18-56-04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

With Pepecash luck isnt a factor anymore.

>> No.1760920

>>1759902

WTF did you expect?

Startups= high risk/high reward

I.e. Peter Thiel's power law

>> No.1760927

>>1760813
>at some point you also need to catch a break or three.
these people make their own luck by rolling the dice more often than others. Going back to the millionaires have an average of 3.5 bankruptcies behind them.

you don't fail that many times without trying that many times. Persistence is a good substitute for luck.

>> No.1761072
File: 30 KB, 1024x576, 140523165254-chart-top-one-percent-1024x576.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here is how I would break it down. First things first, let's assume you aren't unusually lucky and following personal conditions are met:

1. Good upbringing, in the sense that you weren't raised in serious poverty or turmoil.
2. Reasonably intelligent (IQ of 115+ or so).
3. No other major issues (mental/physical illness, some serious negative event etc) which would prevent you from being successful.

If those three things apply to you, then "upper middle class" tier wealth is attainable if you don't do anything retarded with your money, work moderately hard (by this I mean standard 40 hour weeks etc) and pick a career which isn't impractical (struggling artist etc).
"Merely rich" tier wealth is attainable if you make good financial decisions, work hard (60 hour weeks in your youth, good grades, advanced degree, retire at 65+ etc) and pick a high prestige career field such as law, finance, medicine, tech, consulting etc.
"Really rich" is attainable if you make great financial decisions, work extremely hard (consistent sucsess from a young age, superb grades/ECs, 70+ hour weeks for long stretches of your career etc) and sacrifice your entire personal/professional life to getting as rich as possible, as opposed to happiness or personal fulfillment.

If you want to break into higher tiers (100m+), some degree of unusual luck is required. Wagecucking will only get you so far, and most intelligent, hardworking people who go the entrepreneur route end up somewhere in those three tiers I previously mentioned.

>> No.1761106

>>1761072
I would like to add my own opinion; it is entirely possible to steadily work your way up to high 'merely rich' class, without luck. Its just that it takes discipline and patience, which most Americans lack. Even if you make 30k a year, a comfortable life is not unattainable so long as one puts in the time and energy to learn the ins and outs of investing.

>> No.1761113
File: 20 KB, 704x400, 140384205473.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't understand why some of you are so angry because of rich kids and people that make a lot of money through instagram.

They're just a new breed of celebrities, sure they make a lot of money doing no work, but such is life. Celebrities always made a lot of money and always will, they're modern days royalty.

I'm fine with what I earn and that's alright, sure I'm a wageslave and I wish my life would be better, but that's just the hardship of life.

Thinking about it, a lot of celebrities get cought in the drug lifestyle. At least I learned how to value things in life and try to be happy with the little I have, I learned how to be happy with my waifu (pic related). There is a reason why the ultra rich want to control the world, it's not because they're inherently evil, but because money can't buy happiness forever.

>> No.1761114
File: 88 KB, 540x280, tumblr_inline_o3lkmycps71skgvyz_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If hard work had anything to do with success then most people would be billionaires. Ofcourse, even the most common, getting promoted and climbing at a corporate ladder is mostly luck. That you happen to hit the company that does well 30 years straight and your boss happen to like you more than the others. Just an example.

>> No.1761155

>>1761072
>>1761106
You do not get rich by being a wageslave, period.

You can enjoy a middle class life that way but you will never be rich working for someone else unless you're a partner in a law firm or something.

To get rich you have to either

a) start a successful business
b) have a decent amount of capital and get lucky with investments
c) win the lottery
d) inherit millions from a wealthy relative

This is why people claim that getting rich is down to luck because you cannot get rich by simply "working hard" at a 9-5 job. You have to take risks.

>> No.1761283

>>1759631
When was 13

>> No.1761285

>>1759799
So their parents got rich, that is not luck you fucking retard, that's family.

>> No.1761291

I dont have kids I dont have any responsibilities and I got a free degree (albeit in a shitty major) for free thanks to being poor. I only want enough money to do some international travel and lead a comfortable life. Why jump through hoops to make money you'll never get to experience?

>> No.1761554
File: 1.71 MB, 500x240, MajorCope.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1760681
You still need the genes to be intelligent you coping cuck.

>>1760697
It's luck, otherwise you would be rich already following your step by step method to get rich.

>>1760701
Cope. Any retard can stay rich from their big inheritances, specially nowadays when you get paid to be flashy via social media ad revenue. Just fucking lol at being a wagecuck in 2017.

>>1760748
Legit. You either get raped by taxes in europe, or you get raped by bills in US.

You can't win if you aren't legit rich.

>>1760927
>roll the dice more times
>win more times
So luck,

>>1761106
Yeah, by being a wagecuck slavecuck frugalcuck for 65 years. Then you can finally spend your million on hospital bills.

>>1761113
>Celebrities always made a lot of money and always will, they're modern days royalty.

Indeed, and you are modern days slave, you low T estrogenic spineless coping pale aspie.

>>1761155
Legit. Bluepilled wagecucks make me sick.

>> No.1761706

>>1761285
You can't choose to be born into a wealthy family. It's pure luck.

>> No.1761783

>>1761554
>1 post
>2 mentions of "cope"
>6 mentions of "cuck"
Cope more, cuck.

>> No.1761972
File: 88 KB, 1024x914, 1479602371032.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A real man creates his own luck

>> No.1762039

>>1761554
>Any retard can stay rich from their big inheritances,
I'm talking about the ones that get rich on their own, moron. Learn to read.

They get rich by taking risks with a business they own. They get poor exactly the same way.

could they avoid it? sure, just pick a point and sell the business. That never happens though because they don't know if it will keep going up so they hold. And when it goes down they don't want to sell it when it's down. So they go broke in exactly the same way the got rich. Usually over and over. They'll be broke and then rich and then broke cyclically several times in their lives. It's how things work.

/biz/ doesn't understand this because /biz/ is not rich and has never been.

>> No.1762166

You know what I find funny?

That centuries ago all those fancy revolutionaries slaughtered the aristocrats to be freed from slavery, only to create a society with even more ridiculously wealthy aristocrats and (wage)slavery en masse.

>> No.1762287

>>1759631
Hey, it's this informative thread again!

>you'll never be rich, cope, wagecuck
I am rich
>Nuh uh, if you were, you'd be whoring yourself on Instagram, and I don't see you there
I'm not into that shit
>Everyone rich does it liar, LARP some more wagie
Okay then

>> No.1762743

>>1762287
If you can't afford to retire right now and live a life of luxury until the end of your days then you are not rich.

Wagecucks are delusional. If you cannot afford not to work then you are poor.

>> No.1762756

>>1762743
>f you can't afford to retire right now
I'm already retired, so yeah, I can afford not to work.

>> No.1762760

>>1759668
uh, no, they don't get much from instagram and not enough to support their lifestyles, its daddy's money through and through. Once their parents die they'll drink or snort themselves to an early grave. I guess I'm supposed to envy them but I don't, it sounds boring.

>> No.1762776

Right now, OP

Even though I'm already in the top 5% of my country as far as salary goes and have a comfy job

Time to learn investment

>> No.1762808

>>1762166
this makes me ree eternally and I partly don't know why. it's like a primal urge to ree

>> No.1762831

>>1762808
what?

>> No.1764020

>>1761783
cope

>>1762166
The only way to win is to get rich (aka lucky)

Take big risks or do criminal shit and dont get caught.

>>1762756
LARP

>> No.1764054

> go on IRC
> invent new cryptosystems
> get hired to invent cryptosystems, drop out of PhD to do it
> demand six figures, all your computers, cell phone, etc comped
> demand to work from home, set own hours, but also travel a lot, give public speeches, etc
> company lets you do it cuz you can do all this crypto magic
> live in a LCOL area of the US
> save 60-70% of your take-home pay by travelling on the company dime and living cheaply
> retire in 8 years

>> No.1764057

>>1764054
> go on /biz/ and be told that it's impossible to get rich doing this

>> No.1764194

>>1764054
>> invent new cryptosystems
you lost me here

>> No.1764219

>>1764020
>LARP
see >>1762287

>> No.1764818

>>1764194
It's not hard, you just learn a pile of mathematical tricks and just connect them in different ways such that they can be slotted into existing financial systems and make cheating mathematically impossible while ensuring all public data appears statistically uniformly random.

Sometimes you get stuck and have to do some psychedelics to find new tools.

>> No.1764857

>>1764219
LARP

>> No.1764858

>>1764818
>just be an high IQ aspie edgelord genius
k

>> No.1764881

>>1764857
WAGIE

>> No.1764937

>>1764881
>WAGIE
NEET

>> No.1764994

>>1760746

The top 1% is a moving number. Its not a static field.

So you might be in the 1% at one point in time, and later be only in the richest 2%. Does not mean you suddenly are "not rich", just that other people are getting richer, faster.

>> No.1764998

>>1764937
COPE

>> No.1765545

>>1764998
cope

>> No.1765555

>>1759631
the thing about luck is you only hear about people who got lucky, i.e. they are the most vocal about it, so you don't hear the success stories about hard work as often.

>> No.1765713

>>1765555
Hard work stories, when analyzed in step by step fashion, will present a step that consists on a massive amount of luck.

Nice quintos.

>> No.1765826

>>1759631
There is an element of luck, but you have to position yourself properly (build capital, skills, relationships, experience) and have the balls to take huge risks. It's not a cosmic roll of the dice to determine who goes from lower class to elite in the vast majority of cases.

Unless you happen to be born into wealth.

>> No.1765904

>>1765713
Waah, waah!! Everyone successful got lucky!

Whine a little more.
Then cope.

>> No.1765919
File: 105 KB, 750x909, 13187988_283460998664903_1655938422_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1759631
To be honest family, it's mostly hard work but some luck is involved.

t. Rich by most standards

>> No.1765963

>>1759651
A lot of the stuff is usually rented and used as marketing props
And it works. Wagecucks are jelly as hell.

>> No.1765996

>>1759631
20% of Americans make $100k a year or more. That's not luck that's intelligence. Now if by rich you mean becoming a rapper or some nfl linebacker you'll need luck to become a retard with money

>> No.1766027

>>1765996

Source please.

You actually mean household gross income right?

>> No.1766164

>>1759801
>Wagecucking for 60 years then being a bald old tired man about to get cancer as you make your first million after studying and working throught your prime and putting it all on grandpa tier stuff like a 401k and the dow is not getting god damn rich you boneless cuck.
lmao, yep, you're autistic

>> No.1766213

>>1759631
Getting rich is about knowing how to manage your finances and learning where to invest it in.

>> No.1766242

I bet most of the people who're spewing "wage cuck" on here have a networth of less than $500k.

Just admit it, the potential for someone like an engineer or computer scientist to become wealthy is far higher than yours. They have the money and skills to launch a business. You probably have neither.

>> No.1766248

>>1766242
Not only that. If you actually paid attention in class, graduated early, and invested your money conservatively, then you would probably be making more money today, on much more conservative trades, just from your investments alone.

But you had to fuck it up.

>> No.1766251

>>1766242
>networth of less than $500k.
I'm going to go with less than $5k.

>> No.1766300

>>1766242
>>1766248
Of course you are right. People tend to forego the future for comfort in the present, the short-sightedness is killing in the long run.

And then they cry about "luck" and being a wage-slave.

>>1766251
Actually this, come on, people buy stuff on credit for Christmas.

>> No.1766384

>>1759631
when i found out the only reason people are rich is because theyre jews or their ancestors were

>> No.1766387

>>1759631
I feel sorry for most people on here, becasue they all seem so unhappy with their lives, and they chalk it up to not being filthy rich.
When will you entitled little shits learn to love something other than money alone.

>> No.1766414

>>1766387
Not filthy rich, but enough to not have to work and enjoy life.

If you are happy as a wageslave you are a spineless cuck.

>> No.1766820

>>1759774
but you just said in the above post he doesn't have to advertise anything

>> No.1766911

>>1760668
U lucky fuck.

Please tell me he didng build one of those cuck high pressure propane trucks...

>> No.1766918

>>1760681
No shit.

I am retarded as fuck but can argue with my attorney all day over real estated tax law.

And i win a surprising amount of the time. The times i dont we have a beer and laugh and one of us learnes something.

Even c and d aberage tards like me can gain new knowledge in any field with google.

>> No.1766922

>>1760701
You sick fuck you are rich arent you?

I was gonna say the same thing.

Then again im not rich. But i feel like I am on the right path

>> No.1766926

>>1760709
Valling a multimillionaire a cuck because he isnt a selfish dumbass.

Yeah.

Cuck...

What ifbthe profits dont allow for thst kind of funding. Bwhat if fucking 75% is going into r & d? What if anon just doesnt give a fuck and wants a paydaybwith little stress.

Some of us dont need billions. We just want a stress free life.

YOU FUCKING KEK

>> No.1766940

>>1759841
You literally validated OP. Good job faggot.

>> No.1766948

>>1760927
I know about 20 millionaires. Half of them have at least one or 2 bankruptcies i know of. 1 guy has 20 mill in the bank. I the 80s drilled 2 oil wells with a loan and both dry hole. Lost his ass. Now he has a lake house and both his kids are pipeliners. Guy has 20 mill and makes his kids work. Hes a bit of a prick but his kids arenalso buddies of mine and not entitled fucks. So maybe he knows wtf he is doing.

>> No.1766950

>>1766213
>how to manage your finances
You need to wagecuck to have money if you aren't born into money. You'll need to wagecuck for years in order to invest anything remarkable.

>where to invest it in.
You'll be a wagecuck for life no matter what you invest at unless you luck with a big bang.

>>1765919
Tell us step by step how did you became rich so we can find where did you lucked out.

>> No.1766953

>>1765904
cope

>build capital
this requires a lifetime of wagecucking unless you are born into wealth, or at least all your prime years

>huge risks
exactly, you need luck.

>> No.1766954

>>1761072
Litterally fucked by all 3.

Grow up in trailer park.

Dumb as fuck.

Physically dissabled.

Have diagnosed anxiety and depression.

Still have a few hundred in passive income and more all the time.

Just like anything elsem. Success is solving problems. I could lay around on disability or i can work 60 hours a week and suffer a great deal for capitol while study my ass off on tax law.

Dont get to thinking a good life is luck anons.

Wake up every day and make life your bitch...

>> No.1766960

>>1765996
>intelligence
Which is luck since you are born with it or you aren't.

If you aren't you'll never finish the high paying college degrees and not end up killing yourself in the process.

>> No.1766963

>>1766248
>But you had to fuck it up reeeeee why arent you born with genes to get good grades in autist STEMcel degrees reeee its yourfault reeeeeeee

>> No.1766965
File: 11 KB, 275x184, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1766953
Cope.
After you're done crying about how life isn't fair, everyone doing better than you is lucky, you're not a Chad, etc.

>> No.1766968

>>1766954
You get scammed by life and still you take it up the ass like a champ claiming its not luck.

>> No.1766973

>>1761783
KEK

>> No.1766983

>>1762039
I wanna get up a mill or 2 and get the fuck out. Rental real estate till i diem. Will start 50 more businesses if i can, but i aint fucking up my meal ticket. Id likely never work again if someone handed me 300k. 20% down on some ceder cuckshacks or duplexes. Here we go lads.

>> No.1766992
File: 103 KB, 640x640, chad and stacy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1766965
cope

>>1766164
wagecuck cope

>>1766300
yes anon, after wagecucking and frugalcucking for your entire worth-living life, you can finally have some comfort as an old bald and tired subhuman

>>1766820
dan bilzerian doesnt, he is already rich, but still does since all the fame enables you to meet famous people and possibly end up with a famous blonde 9/10 actress in your jacuzzi

but that guy with the dog for example, makes tons of money in 2 seconds taking a picture while you rot for life

they are TRUE ascended and free humans, we are the subhuman slaves enabling for their god tier lifestyles

>> No.1766997

OP you totally misunderstand. There is statistics involved. All those guys with success failed lots of times. But if your fundamentals are good (education), and you keep firing (hard work), something will stick at some point.
Bo us: Most rich kids posting on instagram lose money over the long run. Furthermore they lose money in the bigger, generational game (they waste the riches of their grandcildren so to speak). Bilzerian is a winner and would generate $ in another field if the instagram hustle hadn't stuck.

>> No.1766999

>>1766992
>dan bilzerian
Suck Dan Bilzerian's dick a little more.
Then cope.

>> No.1767008

>>1762287
Kek. How'd youbfree yourself from this hell anon? Larp or not i wanna know.

>> No.1767009

>>1766997
Literally any retard can make unlimited money on the internet now with social media if you are already rich. You can't lose money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5UUW-Z2-wU

Just lol if by your 16 birthday you weren't fucking 8/10+ models in your mansion bought by your oligarch father then showing off on the internet and getting even more millions throught the millions of views on ad revenue, and the more you spend and show off on the social media the more money you make.
You CANT lose as a rich trust fund babby. Its OVER for us. Our life is legit DOGSHIT.

>> No.1767010

>>1762743
Not delusional. But ignorance is bliss.

Knowing this makes working every day and failing at investing with what little time and money i can spare that much more painful.

Anyone have a gun i can borrow and a bullet i can buy?

>> No.1767016

>>1767008
inherit money

>> No.1767046

>>1765904
Kek.

Am jeleous as fuck of the rich fags. I think a small amount is healthy tho. Creates some ambition and desire to go after it yourself.

Fuck I hate working.
Reeeeeee. Eeeehehehehe..... kill me

>> No.1767047

>>1767009
Bullshit. Only a few alphas can. All the shit they use for props is expensive. Ad revenues are fucking low. You are deluding yourself. You believe all rappers in videoclips have millions too? Lol.

>> No.1767055
File: 458 KB, 709x1017, 20170127_083803.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1766242
Mfw i dont yell with autism and i have never held more than $2,000 in my hand or owned a car over 5k...

Mfw wagecuck.

Ibhad better goddamned be rich after living like a cunt all my life just to do it.

>> No.1767056

Also, you condemn your future generations to being sore losers like yourself with this mindset.

>> No.1767061
File: 23 KB, 480x360, hqdefault (5).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1766300
Only because dad has mostly craftsman tools and there was a sale at sears.

And

Tfw departmant store card 10 years ago that needs used...

>> No.1767063

>>1767008
Startup was purchased.

>>1767009
>Its OVER for us. Our life is legit DOGSHIT.
Don't you get tired of complaining that you didn't grow up in a mansion fucking models?
Especially when there's so many people whose lives are literally shit?
Just cut it with the histrionics already.

>> No.1767072

>>1766387
Most of us lead shit lives and 90% of my problems can be fixed or postponed with money.

The other 10% of problems is easier to handle of nothing else but because of the time to sort shit when you dont have to work. I know investors still work. I am well on my way. But its a lot easier doing basic math on a shithoke rental than it is to bust ass all day at work

>> No.1767079

>>1766953
But you can mitigate risk withbknowledge and experience.

Some dude hands my buddy and i both 100k he will have a lot better chance striking oil because thats what he does. Ibwould probably throwba rock and drill where it lands while crossing fingers.

>> No.1767087

>>1766968
I didnt say i was happy about life fucking me. Bit i know even happier people worse off then me.

Wanted to kill myself until i started actively studying these people.

I'm also probably going to get a windfall next year. And thabksbto my 10 years of dedicated personal finance study i should be able to retire off of this windfall instead of buy a new car like the rest will.

>> No.1767092

>>1767016
Well, can't be to jelly if you dont fuckbit away. Id be a multimillionaire right now if grandpa coulda kept it in his pants... new life new wife. Oh well.

>> No.1767283

>>1767047
That guy makes more money than you do with his instagram and youtube ad revenue and he's only 16

By the time he is 25 he can build a dan bilzerian tier empire if he wants you dumb cuck.