[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 64 KB, 1024x1024, 34h324432423ndenr432hu32n309ush17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16690854 No.16690854 [Reply] [Original]

Alright queerbaits, listen up. I'm a portfolio manager at a notable fund.

No, this isn't a larp.
No, i'm not going to give you any sensitive information.

I'm hustling the "blockchain middleware" meme to boomers of the "c-suite at traditional finance firms" variety right now. Help me help me and help you by giving me your best high-level and boomer-friendly investment abstract for Chainlink (emphasis on long-term network value, not token/price shilling). And no, the "decentralized oracle network" memes won't work here - based boomers might not be able to explain what the internet is, but they can smell the hive mind buzzword bullshit from a mile away. An investment isn't worth the risk unless the underlying product/value is easy to understand.

These endearing bastards don't have current (or historical) exposure to the market (see: muh fiduciary responsibility, follow-not-lead meme), but they do want to learn and register that they will need to enter if the market does trend up over the mid-term. They also love the idea of getting equity-style but 100% liquid exposure to early stage tech (via public chain investment). Traditional instruments can't offer the same mix of high growth and liquid positioning (see: what VC boomers are doing in this space with token-seed investments and subsequent manufacturing of "high liquidity events" to exit positions when feet get chilly (traditional equity play would leave them dead on the cap sheet for years).

Should the miners and exchanges be able to pull off one last cycle-meme bull run, we will see some significant institutional money enter the market - and the long-term middleware thesis is getting some interest again (alongside the "high growth yield" meme... APYs will be clown-level until rewards start to cliff).

Already have pitch collateral - just curious if one of you beautiful serg-spergs has a cleaner way of putting things.

<3 and please try to not stay poor.

>> No.16690860

dr;ns

>> No.16690878

>>16690854
Tl;dr: "how do I convince my dad to buy me chainlink tokens?"

>> No.16690888

Chainlink is a scam

>> No.16690897

>>16690854
It solves the limp dick problem

>> No.16690923
File: 128 KB, 500x622, 1563667003410.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

pee pee poo poo

>> No.16690929

>>16690854
go read the crypto oracle medium articles
>https://blog.goodaudience.com/the-top-5-reasons-every-institutional-investor-should-have-a-position-in-chainlink-fec15538c1ab

>> No.16690937

>>16690854
Bunch of 4channers tried to force it as /ourcoin/, during the presale ico phase of chainlink there was a minimum requirement of 300eth to enter the presale. Bunch of anons pooled up together and shared presale links to fill them with their eth. Coin continued to get shilled and pumped up and hyped for the sibios event that link was attended, whole event turned out to be a flop chainlink had a presentation in a room of like 18 people next to the public toilets, literally no news or partnership came from the event and the coin dumped back to below ico prices and created 1000's of bagholder anons. Now during this alt bull run lots of anons and took advantage of this and shilling this coin to all the new money and newfags that joined in december and don't know this story. The coin is HEAVILY manipulated and the supply is dried up from huge whales who accumulated below ICO price to create a artificially lower supply (a lot like REQ) and these people have so much room to dump on all of you faggots to still be in profit when the time comes. In regards to actual project that chainlink aiming to achieve it's nothing more than a basic json parser for smart contracts, would take like a day to add to ethereum by itself.. literally making links whole concept pointless and definitely no need for a token. Would take a lot longer to get it working with bitcoin but the bitcoin core devs would be able to work out the solution a lot quicker than chainlink will, think that's something worth noting that literally nothing is completed and you're literally just buying a whitepaper, they have only 2 developers and they don't communicate at all with no proven background on either, in fact sergey was involved in a project before chainlink called NxT that he since been abandoned until it was took over by a new developer team

>> No.16690942

>>16690923
Well said.

>> No.16690948

>>16690854
In the off chance this is real, fucking e-mail us on the team and we'll happily do the work for you dummy.

Shit, Dan will happily join you in the pitch sessions, and he'll be better at it than you

>> No.16690959

>>16690948
Unironically this

>> No.16690971

fuck off retard

>> No.16690982

Some sperg put this website together with the info: http://www.chainlinkhub.com/

And I believe there is a Chainlink playbook somewhere but can't remember the link to it. Maybe some linky can post it.

>> No.16690998

Ah, here are the playbooks:
https://imgur.com/r/CryptoCurrency/szBYE1f

https://imgur.com/r/LINKTrader/R2Pm5xE

Just load up all the images. All the intel you need.

>> No.16691081

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY!
HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

>> No.16691202
File: 291 KB, 1467x1356, 956D68D5-A8DF-49DB-BA45-6C845E4A99ED.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16690854
>Imagine this, boss, cunny.... but on the blockchain!

>> No.16691222

>>16691081
you are a MANIAC

>> No.16691236

>>16690948
Lmao do this. LARP faggot btfo yet again.

>> No.16691244

>>16690948

OP here. I’ve been in touch, just a while ago and in a different capacity. The technical docs, event decks, and blog posts are all good but too narrowly concerned with details that aren’t relevant to the kind of investor we deal with (family offices, pe shops, wealth management firms - not tech/VC groups).

Stuff about Uber and the growth of the API economy and how I/O or connectivity in general has already disrupted industries for more than a decade.

Anchoring blockchain-native concepts and terms with shit boomers can easily relate to... that’s what’s missing (across this entire space, frankly).

Institutional money is not going to dig around blogs and tweets to figure out the “so what” for each project. That needs to be articulated front and center.

It’s just like buying into the internet.. don’t need to really get it, just need to know there’s something to get.

>> No.16691262

>>16690854
chainlink is a scam

>> No.16691268

>help old white boomers get richer

No. Better idea, blow their brains out then yours

>> No.16691275

>>16690854
Lookup the chainlink summary on imgur we put together in july of 2018 newfag

>> No.16691277

>>16691244
If they aren’t brainlets then explain the Byzantine general problem. If they are brainlets or Jewish, explain the value of secure self-executing contracts if even 1% of a trillion dollar industry adopts them.

>> No.16691280

>>16690854
>dont use buzzwords
>proceeds to use buzzwords

>> No.16691289

>>16691275
This fag already did it for you
https://imgur.com/r/CryptoCurrency/szBYE1f

>> No.16691291

>>16690998

Thanks for the links.

>> No.16691326

>>16690854

A blockchain is a digital ledger that can transfer the ownership of goods with anywhere from a tenth to a hundredth in overhead compared to business as usual. The only catch is, the blockchain can only do that with things it understands. Chainlink is a system that can tell the blockchain how to understand everything and can do so while mitigating the risks of fraud inherent in data entry.

>> No.16691350
File: 87 KB, 428x767, nm0yfjfsx8631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Modify this a bit and it should be fine.

>> No.16691375

>>16691350
A nice example I heard from Sergey recently was safety redundancy features of the space shuttles. They included multiple redundancies at increased cost to ensure safety and the success of the mission.

You can use this to explain the concept of decentralization for both blockchain and Chainlink specifically.

>> No.16691377 [DELETED] 

>>16690854
I get people asking me to explain crypto to them frequently. It’s a difficult question to answer because it’s there’s so much to talk about and it’s difficult to grasp what your listener doesn’t and doesn’t understand.

Start with bitcoin. Explain that bitcoin is money that doesn’t need a bank or government to manage. Explain that it’s a digital hedge against fiat.

Then move onto Ethereum. Talk about smart contracts. Give some examples like shipment container dimensions and weight being potential triggers for payment confirms. In order to understand the importance of chainlink you must first be red pilled on smart contracts. Other good examples are anything government related, insurance, car leases, and tokenized real estate.

Then you can move onto chainlink and explain that those smart contract triggers need to be secure. You can explain that chainlink provides a platform for you to reliable sell your data intto smart contract readable format, receive payment and have reputation for the data you provide.

Once again chainlink only makes sense if you’ve bought into smart contracts.

>> No.16691403

>>16690854
I get people asking me to explain crypto to them frequently. It’s a difficult question to answer because there’s so much to talk about and it’s difficult to grasp what your listener does and doesn’t understand.

Start with bitcoin. Explain that bitcoin is money that doesn’t need a bank or government to manage. Explain that it’s a digital hedge against fiat.

Then move onto Ethereum. Talk about smart contracts. Give some examples like shipment container dimensions and weight being potential triggers for payment confirms. In order to understand the importance of chainlink you must first be red pilled on smart contracts. Other good examples are anything government related, insurance, car leases, and tokenized real estate.

Then you can move onto chainlink and explain that those smart contract triggers need to be secure. You can explain that chainlink provides a platform for you to reliable sell your data intto smart contract readable format, receive payment and have reputation for the data you provide.

Once again chainlink only makes sense if you’ve bought into smart contracts.

>> No.16691493

Tell them their zoomer/millenial kids will enjoy their boomer lifestyles

>> No.16691539

>>16691403

this is more or less the narrative we have - seems to be the most logical way to break things down without gaps.

>> No.16691583

>>16691244
Automate lawyers

>> No.16691613

>>16690929

Have actually shared this already - one of the better breakdowns I’ve seen. I also like the initial write up by Framework Ventures.

>> No.16691619

>>16691244
Figuring out how to communicate this shit is literally our jobs. We have dedicated Marketing, Business Development, Product, and Partnerships teams specifically for this fucking purpose.

E-mail us and we'll do the work. Hint: the aggregator visualizations are huge, the numbers ($250 million secured by the network, but wait a month because that number is going higher fast) is huge, and concrete examples are huge.

Kieran has 20 years to software sales experience with multiple billion-dollar exits under his belt. Dan has engineered nine-figure deals with the top tech companies in the world. How in the fuck do you think you're going to cobble together a couple /biz/ memes and do better than us. Jesus christ I hate your guts.

>> No.16691626

>>16691403
Also this is the worst fucking idea I've ever heard. You can explain smart contracts in a way that boomers like without having to even mention crypto (which is good, because they're fucking luddites)

>> No.16691691
File: 135 KB, 640x480, unc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16691619
You're not doing a very good job then, are you? Nice scam partnerships you're running. It's a shame the team has gotten so rich for accomplishing absolutely zero, and you failed to tail the biggest asset bubble in human history. Good luck getting any legit company or family office to make a deal with you.

>> No.16691712

>>16691691
Unironically link

>> No.16691742

>>16691619
do u get paid in link tokens or Fiat dollars? prove how much faith you have in your own network

>> No.16691966

>>16691619
Based. We love you Rory

>> No.16691981

Just give them the stats on the price of 1 token if Chainlink was used for 1% of derivative transactions.

Then explain why Chainlink will definitely be used for derivatives.

I find this works on the dumb, medium dumb and not dumb populations equally well since everyone is greedy.

>> No.16692015

>>16691619
top fucking kek

>> No.16692895

>>16691619
The problem is you're typically communicating this shit to poindexters and computer nerds and it takes like 45 minutes to explain it. Legacy finance guys won't get it and will lose interest fast. They operate by "if u can't explain the deal on the back of a napkin, it's a bad deal"

OP tell them it's the next evolution of digital signature's that docusing paved the way for. But instead being one thing that is digital (like a signature) link is building out the entire open sourced network that will enable the digitization of all contacts and agreements. Link is building out the US interstate freeway system that enabled the whole country to drive.

>> No.16693182

>>16691619

Thanks for this, we'll reach out soon. Think we're all on the same page at the end of the day. I don't usually raise capital, and whenever I'm asked to share educational resources I start with primary sources (white papers, technical documents, etc.) then send along decks, presentations, etc. from the projects themselves (manage an active portfolio so this isn't about vc-style investment, it's just about getting people comfortable with general investment exposure).

Just a special situation here - I'm a pre-ICO follower and personally believe in the project, so when I caught wind that there was some legit interest in more than just profit (i.e. questions about running nodes, providing collateral over the long-term, etc.) I involved myself. Want to make sure these people read the right stuff and listen to the right voices.

Most institutional decision makers don't take the time to teach themselves about this space - which you can't blame them for... rethinking money/value and learning about non-standard technologies is tough for most of us. If they're interested, they ask for everything in one package; if they don't get that or don't understand it, then they just google "bitcoin," see some shit about a hack, laundering, market manipulation, etc., and re-file the space away as a scam/joke.

And my frustration is not with Chainlink (think it's one of the best in the space when it comes to substantive marketing/content) - it's with the entire damn industry, which is drowning itself in a cluster fuck of shit articles, analyses, perspectives, etc.

And re: getting rich boomers more money: I would rather help with institutional and business adoption, which will at least serve to sustain this space in some shape or another, than have the oldfags among us be sitting in a corner ten years from now holding a bag of valueless LINK, XMR, etc. because we didn't make it easy for the rest of the world to get onboard.

>> No.16693257

Also, the boomer/institutional side of the market isn't all bad. Have seen a lot of opportunistic shit go down, and have a lot of problems with some of the ways in which the market is being played with, but... there are some good people/firms, e.g. fundamental long funds that didn't do the whole ICO P+D game and who are willing to keep positions long-term (with other people's money and under fiduciary responsibility to those people, nonetheless; it's one thing if you lose your own money.. but an entirely different one if you lose someone else's) despite epic volatility and big risk.

>> No.16693280
File: 214 KB, 1200x627, bigsbychappelle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16691619
That's right you TELL THAT NIGGER

>> No.16693287

>>16691619
based

>> No.16693291

>>16690854
It’s a stable coin meant to stay at the price of a cup of coffee.

>> No.16693322
File: 575 KB, 553x741, 1574831597420.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16690854

>>price feed updates, how cool! Check MOAB token price now!
>>how much link for a gf like this?
>>thread to post x for chainlink, we live here
>>WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT
>>It keeps going up! (is at the same price)
>>DUDE LEVERAGE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE FOR NON-SOLUTION UNSOLVEABLE NON-NECESSARY TECH, DOOODE DOO IT LAMOO
>>bullshit meme photo, no context, no discussion, just a random dumbass nigger post
>>sibos
>>guys i have 700 tokens of shitty scam, please how do i make it thread
>>another link general, we need one every ten minutes!
>>guys my ex/gf/wife found me out, we're broke but have 50k link thread
>>all in, never selling, always HODL thread
>>just risked my entire financial stability on this token, y-you guys should b-buy too right?
>>LINK will reach 1000 END OF YEAR
>>Insider here, just keep buying!
>>Some vague company has increased profits, all thanks to chinklink!
>>some bullshit random thread to keep the link psychosis going
>>just non-stop chainlink posting
>>getting kicked out, have xbox and link, what do thread?
>>look at update 235098523, keep buying buds!

what other paid promotions am I missing?

This thread is solid proof of chainlink shilling from the chainlink team by Sirgay. Hurry up anons, report to the SEC, let's get Sirgay in cuffs already.

>> No.16693332
File: 153 KB, 504x732, 1567840455165.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16693182

>>He walks into your room, belt buckle undone with mcdonalds grease glistening his hairy chest
>>He loosely flings off his daily steve jobs plaid shirt
>>You brace yourself uncomfortable, the binds keeping you shackled spread eagled on the floor

"yes master, nulinkers deserve death. they are just trying to buy this synth-russian vaporware dogshit token on the low by fudding a chinese CCP fly-fishing counter protestor forum. not like your browse it master or have any fucking semblance of a fatass walrus scammer mindset."

He smiles.

He slowly walks over to you.

"And what do you say to the deceivers?"

"You'll never buy sub one dollar again! Nice try, didn't read, not selling! been holding for 700+ days. imma just keep buying like the dumb dipshit pig i am. it'll eventually work out no matter what because im too stupid to understand economics and i compare this opportunity to ethereum cuz im a fat, fucking retarded pig that loves to pay for your expenses and vacations"

He assumes the position now, a chair on top of your bare naked chest. He grunts and let out a massive fart.

"That's right... I've been holding it for 700,000 blocks, it's nice and hot and stinky..." He trails off, a distant look in his eyes as he glances and looks at all the chainlink posters in the room.

He grunts and out comes, a fat nasty shit on your chest.

"Another 700k, dumped. Take it in your GPI."

"Thank you master, partnership confirmed. To the moon!"

>> No.16693338

>>16692895

OP here. You’re on point - and dropping Gonser as an advisor to bolster that narrative. Old finance guys love titles and rankings.

>> No.16693341
File: 7 KB, 250x250, 1568337904498s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16691619

>>just believe
>>trust me the source
>>weird esoteric shit that has nothing to do with tech
>>trust me it'll take off
>>it'll moon anytime
>>it'll be worth 42,000,000 per link easily
>>billions on billions marketcap, zero risk goy!
>>overthrowing jews and globalism
>>muh cope
>>muh hiring team
>>muh partnerships
>>muh dderivatives
>>muh radio silence means it's coming, next month!
>>muh, muh, muh

all we ever hear from you faggots

>>an army of shills, two years of insane marketing could only barely x10 a scam
>>now that the clouds are closing, sir gay is exit scamming

SIRGAY FOR PRISON 2020!

>> No.16693353
File: 269 KB, 1013x1000, 1568239167092.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16691081

you are a lying FAGGOT

get aids, kys

>> No.16693367

>>16693322
>>16693332
>>16693341
>>16693353
imagine being this mad

>> No.16693389

>>16690854
Tell them about their partnership with gravelcoin, the same coin that rules the entire gravel industry with an iron fist

>> No.16693406

yeah cool bro let me just do your job for you for free

>> No.16694771

>>16693182
The institutional decision makers can fuck themselves. The institutional decision makers are the kinds of morons who started ICO funds in fucking 2017.

We can come in and help you with the pitch if you want. We'll do it better than you because we have world-class personnel. I'm sure you're smart, I'm sure you think you're doing us a favor, but ultimately what you and your bosses thing is irrelevant.

You've seen the light as it pertains to the oracle problem. Thank you. There was once a time when it seemed like no one would 'get' it -- that has long passed.

At this point the momentum cannot be stopped.

>> No.16694887

Hey op sirgay here! Just have them ring me and I’ll tell all about linking chains!

>> No.16695971
File: 54 KB, 900x900, 1575575691679.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16690854
>I'm hustling the "blockchain middleware" meme to boomers of the "c-suite at traditional finance firms" variety right now
good man

https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/podcasts/smart-contracts-how-sergey-nazarov-and-chainlink-are-solving-the-oracle

>> No.16696076
File: 78 KB, 1080x1619, DDCDE343-76B6-4150-896C-7481783D211C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Read this fags blogs
Based Timo

>> No.16696106

>>16695971
Listened to that today. Sergey is even more alpha than usual here.

>> No.16696189

literally what the fuck is happening in this thread?

>> No.16696206

>>16694771
Atta boy Hodge

>> No.16696224
File: 40 KB, 600x398, 1577675573973.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16696076

>> No.16696239

Yes, Chainlink seems like a promising project. Yes, it seems like the team is full of geniuses. Loads of partnerships. The world is going to run on LINK! Right?
Before you buy, let me tell you a story.
I was visiting San Francisco to see one of my friends. We went to a strip club, and while I was there, I saw Sergey, surrounded by women. He was throwing tons of money at them, but not just bills. It was stacks upon stacks of $10,000, sealed up with white paper bands like he had just come straight from a bank.
I went up to him and congratulated him on the success of Chainlink as of late (this was about a month ago), and he started laughing. He took a hefty swig from a bottle of Dom Perignon, and said, "Yeah? You think I care, stinky?"
Confused, I asked what he meant, and said that he had obviously put a lot of work into LINK and he should be proud.
"Fundamentally, I don't give two fucks about Chainlink, kid."
He was about to say something else but one of the strippers tapped him on the shoulder. Sergey pulled out from his pocket the biggest ziplock bag full of cocaine I've ever seen in my life. It looked like one of those gallon bags, almost bulging at the seams. The stripper ran off into a back room with it.
He then pulled out a Zippo lighter.
"You wanna know what I think about Chainlink?"
He snapped his fingers and a stripper handed him a bottle of Hennessy. He then pulled about 20 stacks of bills from a duffel bag, threw them on the floor, poured cognac all over them, flicked his Zippo, and dropped it onto the pile. Almost instantly the whole stack caught.
I stared at him, speechless.
"It's called a 'PUMP and DUMP,' kid."
He laughed as he watched the pile burn before losing interest and going into a back room with his entourage of strippers following carrying duffel bags full of what I assume was money and coke.
This is the man you are supporting by buying LINK.

>> No.16696344
File: 237 KB, 545x779, 1577473615612.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16696106
>Sergey is even more alpha than usual
I'm loving it

>> No.16696354

>>16691626
lol if this is actually someone from the team ..

>> No.16696450

I think OP is legit, no reason to believe otherwise.
Metaphorical level: DARPAnet, and then the Internet, needed to be fully built and developed before Google and Amazon could make billions. Right now, this is the condition of blockchain smart contracts+oracle middleware--the infrastructure being forged today will save industries billions in the future, and capture billions of value charging for its use. But, unlike the internet protocol way back when, you NEED the LINK token to use the Chainlink infrastructure--it's the golden ticket that guarantees the next level of trestles security thanks to the game theory and economics of the token.

>> No.16696457
File: 1.32 MB, 772x900, 1575073728770.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16691626
>You can explain smart contracts in a way that boomers like without having to even mention crypto
precisely

>> No.16696459

>>16696450
trustless, not trestles. fuck

>> No.16696471
File: 134 KB, 950x1024, 22B244D5-EECF-4176-963A-1C90B6873752-13865-00001315B8E9BC51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16696344

>> No.16696476

>>16691403
One more thing: don't mention bitcoin. 95% of boomer clients don't want to be associated with it.

>> No.16696593

>>16690854
Chainlink is not just a financial product, but also a tech solution. Every company that works with data has the problem of ensuring that they aren’t running into the problem of receiving false data, getting the same data twice, and becoming unable to even get the data, because a server halfway across the world went down. Chainlink solves these problem with a network of data providers, which is designed to communicate the most secure, consistent data possible with currently available technologies. It is bleeding edge in that respect.

This solution is even more powerful, because Chainlink network is also it’s own secure and consistent financial ecosystem. When good data is provided, the people who provide said data get rewarded with not only the Chainlink token, but a better reputation rating on the network. This makes it so that the most reliable providers are being compensated the best, and naturally weeds out those bad providers by making them unprofitable.

For the purposes of investment, these points are almost irrelevant. However, major corporations such as Google, Intel, and Swift, have partnered with Chainlink in order take advantage of the secure data services its network can provide. It’s supply and demand; more people and corporations are demanding data services makes the service more valuable.

We would like to allocate .5% of your portfolio into Chainlink in six months. Near the end of that time period, we will give you a briefing on the price performance and any major news from their team in terms of partnerships, and ensure that they are following through with their promises to engage in these partnerships with measurable results. From there, we can make plans to allocate a maximum of 1% of your portfolio into several lambos.

>> No.16696761
File: 64 KB, 658x901, 1577586839350.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16691626
>>16691619
we're just trying to help

>> No.16697255

>>16696476

If i had a nickel for every question about North Korea using Bit-Coins...

The “I don’t know about bitcoin, but blockchain sure seems like the future!” line is a popular one too. As is “Ok on bitcoin, but what happens to the other coins if Jeff Bezos makes AmazonCoin? And why do those even exist? Just seems redundant.”

Overall though, I’ve actually been surprised by how agnostic finance boomers seem to be about the market. Not uncommon to hear “well 10-15% of our clients have asked about crypto exposure” added to the usual “we just need to learn more for now, have concerns about custody, don’t like the regulatory uncertainty either... we’ll see where it goes, and not in a rush for alternatives exposure with traditional assets booming.”

I’m oversharing, but for anons interested in the enigma that is “institutional interest”: firm did an A/B outreach not too long ago. A was “are you interested in investing right now?” B was “just here to educate, let us know.”

Open rates were 80%+ for both, but response rate for B was like 10x that of A. Again.. the “we can’t lead but would happily follow if things pan out” mentality is strong.

But there should be a whole lot of money entering the market if the bull portion of this cycle does materialize. Just think: 10-15% of clients interested after last bull run. If bitcoin alone can get past ATH and show some staying power.. that figure will go way up alongside the “bitcoin didn’t die!” segments on CNBC.

>> No.16697263

>>16697255
You’re that faggot larping as a doctor in the other thread. Your writing reads like you’ve done a huge line of coke. You’re a fucking retard, OP.

>> No.16697315
File: 63 KB, 1024x784, D6t-XlOU8AAJcKp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16697263
lol thinking someone being a doctor is immediately a larp. don't forget the inverse chainlink holder IQ distribution. see pic related. you might be on the left side.

>> No.16697379

>>16696450

Also, thanks for this. Haven’t posted on here for a long time.. nice to interact some again.

LINK’s tokenomics could be potentially epic with incentive to collateralize for rewards. Will be curious to learn more about staking and contract details.

Will also be curious to see what the competition among node operators looks like in the early days. I assume that the spread on job prices will go from wide to thin in fairly short order. But it’s good to see that the team seems to want to take it slow with scaling things out. It would not be a good look to onboard a bunch of institutional nodes before job volume starts to pick up.

And the recent work with Synthetix... fascinating times ahead once things get built out a little more... think some of DeFi might wind up immune to institutional shenanigans for at least a while. It’s tough to get into/out of something like Synthetix in a way that fits well with accounting requirements, tax implications, etc. Could be a retail heaven for a while.

>> No.16697385

>>16691619
Based Rory

>> No.16697699

>>16691626
This.

Generally when pitching to a CEO / CIO / Decision maker you want to talk in terms of business process. You can mention blockchain as an enabling technology but that's the depth of the technical side.
Then you talk about what business issues you are solving and why/how this is a cost effective solution or will generate revenue.
They should be already reasonably knowledgeable from a risk/compliance perspective on issues like data leakage, integrity and compliance in their respective area (ie. health HIPAA or finance PSD2/PCIDSS).
Any issues like the oracle issue should be tackled under the banner or something like data integrity and preferably compliance and bundled up as part of an overall solution. Chainlink isn't -the- solution, it's always going to be -part- of a solution. Like SNX using CL oracles as part of a DeFi solution. Remember the talk of white labels?

Though it is fully dependent upon your audience. Some CIO's or decision makers very much like to poke around under the hood and get into details. You should always talk as to how the components benefit (i.e. this engine makes you go fast). You should always be prepared to answer the technical questions.

Always talk about the overall solution for their business needs. Sell the components as part of the product. You don't go to a car dealer asking for a particular fuel injector. You go looking for the car.

t. architect

>> No.16697854

this thread is absolutely based

>> No.16698119

>>16697699

Boom. This is exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks for the guidance.

Again, it’s a special situation because we don’t usually have institutional LPs asking for details about specific assets in the portfolio. So, just want to make sure they get more than just our generic BTC-ETH-LINK aka chain-contract-connectivity spiel as an introduction.

Anyway, this is not a larp, so I’m going to stop here: if there is an interest in supporting/joining the network, is that something that should be directed to Chainlink? or LinkPool? And if Chainlink, then who is the right person to contact?

Thanks

>> No.16698152

>>16691619

fucking kek, based. when enterprise chainlink alliance sir?

>> No.16698187

>>16698119
Reach out to Rory or Thomas. They are very easy to contact and very responsive over telegram/discord etc. Godspeed anon, if I could help with your pitch further I would.

>> No.16698307

>>16698187

Thanks - and thanks again for the advice. Glad to be able to shill a good project for once... shilling portfolio strategies is a stale hustle.

>> No.16698343

>>16694771
When are you going to let some of plebs in on the reference contracts? I got my application in pretty early and I haven't heard diddley squat

>> No.16698876
File: 1.49 MB, 500x567, 1554597699448.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Imagine the ChainLink team going through /biz during lunch time and discussing the latest memes and FUD.
LMAO

>> No.16699119

>>16691268
>>help old white boomers get richer
Take this woke bs back to tumblr/twitter/plebbit

>> No.16699206
File: 58 KB, 800x600, 1569334353263.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16698119