[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 45 KB, 300x250, 4cCZFe3RwQ-8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16681618 No.16681618 [Reply] [Original]

After I kill myself, does my family have to pay my crypto taxes?

>> No.16681628

>>16681618
No. Their cost basis for inheritance is whatever your crypto is worth that day.

>> No.16681630

>>16681618
Only if they want to inherit your stuff.

>> No.16681660

If all I did was lose money and be unemployed. Do I owe any taxes?

>> No.16681666

>>16681628
This, but isn't the same thing? its still tax

>> No.16681671

>hey now that anon died in that car accident, how do we get his bags? Are his bitcoins buried somewhere around the house

oh that's right, they don''t exist. Just bury a bag of gold in your back yard

>> No.16681767

>>16681660

Yes, obviously. You think you can escape?

>> No.16681927

>>16681666
You have to have a beneficiary that knows how to access your crypto... Fuck man, that shit will just sit out there and the only people making money off it will be the ones who can stake it to other people so they can short it or leverage a long. Your death expenses... depending upon how you kill your self, like hiring up a crew to clean all that shit up, pay off what ever fucking funeral arrangements... you're probably end up in the red, your property goes to another person, im not sure the laws at your local level, but federally in the USA there is no inheritance tax... however, some states do take a cut, and like say you have a car and house, that's all gotta be transferred through a trust/will so you don't burden your family on the state taxes of that shit you just gave them... Crypto... it's an asset and should be treated as such, but make sure you got some way of letting the people after you're gone to know how to get that, it could be the back up key given to a dumb broad, and letting your other friend know bro the dumb broad has the key, if i died get a hold of her fast... hopefully dumb broad has the back ups.... Fuck you asshole.