[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 135 KB, 800x600, edge-network.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16276426 No.16276426 [Reply] [Original]

> Total node revenue only growing 20% per month
It's really over isn't it ? Team is onboarding clients much to slow.

>> No.16276470
File: 183 KB, 1145x593, pump-and-edge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You're not going to make money with this within the next six months. You cannot even buy 10 ETH worth of EDGE without pumping the price. Once anyone can purchase hosting through them next year, without having to be pre-approved, EDGE is going to take off like a rocket. They raised 29 million in the ICO, which puts it in the top 5% across the board. Serious investors believe in the concept. You've been advised.

>> No.16276572

>>16276470
I hold a big bag already, sadly. I've already tried out their free CDN, works great and is a good product overall. I just don't see how they will drive mass revenue in a market as crammed as CDNs. 29 million is nothing if they want to compete vs cloudflare, etc.

The hope is that storage and edge compute vm are the killer apps. Then on the other hand coins like RLC pump to 50M without even a shred of usage. The biggest problem with edge is that they don't cater to the hype crowd and are building a sustainable, profitable business, those fuckers.

>> No.16276598

>>16276572
We will have to wait for the pump and dump group to start shilling EDGE, which is going to be a lot easier to do once any customer can use the service. It hasn't been PnD yet, the graph is a virgin delicate flower that still believes in tender love. Based on the EDGE networking growing (tokens being locked up in hosting more nodes), you will still be able to do at the very least a 2X, as long as you're not impatient.

>> No.16276625

>>16276598
Nah, I'm patient, as a stargate holder I get 8000 EDGE monthly from staking, so I can wait a long time, especially considering the payouts are increasing with increasing revenue. But still is hard to hold those tokens while seeing other shit fly on (undeserved) hype while edge is crabbing around 4M marketcap.

>> No.16276690

>>16276625
Nice, you get roughly $300 every month in free money. I only hold as much EDGE as I was willing to afford to lose, so it doesn't bother me as much that other coins are pumping for no reason.