[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.88 MB, 480x264, 469.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16047476 No.16047476 [Reply] [Original]

>vast majority of human professions are basically just scams
Alright, /biz/, here is your task. Can we figure out an economic system that can allow humans to live in a world with finite resources, while still allowing people to live without filling some kind of bullshit space filling occupation?

>> No.16047498

>>16047476
It's called nuclear holocaust

>> No.16047515
File: 35 KB, 718x427, images (8).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16047476
Current system is doing fine? It's adjusting and we have passed "peak baby" human population will "fill up" to 11billion then decline gradually.
CO2 levels are getting adjusted as we speak by protestors.
14% of the Earth's surface is protected natural reserves, and still rising.
Solar power and nuclear energy give almost free energy, through which almost all other rescources and be created

>> No.16047518

>>16047476
all the bullshit occupations are necessary to build the consumer base though
we all do our part to spend and increase gdp

>> No.16047522

>>16047515
Kek, nice

>> No.16047553

>>16047518
which is a bad approach. It just makes you reliant on an employer with virtually no hope to escape

>> No.16047610

>>16047515
>It's adjusting and we have passed "peak baby" human population will "fill up" to 11billion then decline gradually.
Why do you think it will decline gradually? I mean unless we start putting sterilizers in the tap water.

>> No.16047641

>there are people who believe the heliocentric model

>> No.16047706

>>16047476
>>vast majority of human professions are basically just scams
It's not that they're scams (well, not all of them), it's just that they rely on the ignorance of others. This can result in circumstances where it's in someone's personal interest to make things deliberately convoluted so that they are always "needed" to interpret everything, in a given profession.

Personally, I think it would be better to try and reduce Elitism, in the modern world, where people are driven by the need for Validation and Status above others. This is not exactly a concern about class. Competition between human beings will never go away, it's why things like Communism will be hard to make work in the long run. And besides that, why do anything worthwhile if you don't receive some kind of recognition, whether that be resource or status based?

I find what's stated in this excerpt from Alexander (2004) to be interesting (starts at 4:24): https://youtu.be/w6UGTvRbdUs?t=264
>...but when men lie together, and knowledge and virtue are passed between them, that is pure and excellent. When they COMPETE to bring out the good, the best, in each other, this is the love between men that can build a City State

>> No.16047716
File: 12 KB, 320x180, dounodewey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ok.... guys.... so what if.......

What if we got multiple corporations to side with China in a rift with Hong Kong that we instigated. And then after we got the populations all primed up and ready, we initiated WWIII. And then just dumped I dunno like 2 thirds of the earths population. Then we'll just replace 'em with robots. Thoughts?

>> No.16047721

>>16047706
>It's not that they're scams (well, not all of them), it's just that they rely on the ignorance of others. This can result in circumstances where it's in someone's personal interest to make things deliberately convoluted so that they are always "needed" to interpret everything, in a given profession.
This is basically what I meant when I said "scams"

>> No.16047766

>>16047706
>>...but when men lie together, and knowledge and virtue are passed between them, that is pure and excellent. When they COMPETE to bring out the good, the best, in each other, this is the love between men that can build a City State
yo that nigga gay as fuck, but I can respect what he said

>> No.16047780

Biggest problem with relying on competition to do anything is that competition breeds collusion. And then you're at the same beginning you tried to avoid in Communism. So is there a way, any system that can keep human beings alive until we invent the machine god to replace us all?

>> No.16047858

>>16047780
The point is that you harness human tendencies (like competition) and use them for a "beneficial" purpose, rather than trying to limit what people can do. Violence, superiority, aggression, dominance - these are some of the things that drive competition. Understanding how to use those things to encourage people to focus on building others up alongside them, rather than building themselves up to be better than others is what's difficult, imo.

Why do you think "scam" jobs (which, in all fairness is probably an extreme oversimplification of many of the jobs you might think are scams) exist, it's so that people can feel like they're above others. Imagine if they didn't want to feel like that?

>> No.16047874

>>16047858
Right. So genetic manipulation is the only answer.

>> No.16047938

Stopping the human tendency of aggressiveness and competition seems to be the current strategy. Not sure how they're doing it but it appears to be working.