[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 135 KB, 800x600, edge-network.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15837873 No.15837873 [Reply] [Original]

Most crypto has absolutely no real world usage. Good or even great ideas however nobody besides crypto nerds use it.
EDGE is different. The team is all about tech and business. This will make us fucking rich.
6 million annual revenue in the pipeline.

>> No.15837945

Yup but its is a slow rise from the bottom, and the most earning from the coins you can make is by supporting the network and running nodes. Don't bother with the moonboy faggots and their lunch money on here.

>> No.15837958

>>15837945
fuck its too early in the morning and I didn't have my coffee yet so I'm typing like a complete pajeet.

No indian here sirs, I swears it!

>> No.15838040
File: 42 KB, 546x565, 1562547012308.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>imagine thinking people want their website hosted from some basement instead of a pristine and clean server farm
>imagine thinking anyone wants to do business with a company that copy and pasted two sentences from another white paper
>imagine thinking most people want to own a website at all like some fucking nerd
It's called Wordpress and Wix. Both are free.

>> No.15838147

>>15838040
thats the most retarded shit I've ever read.

> What is up to 90% price savings by running on spare capacity
> What is over 200 established customers running on the network already
> Imagine thinking that this solution is aimed at some mom and pop blog with 3 views per month on their WP site instead of high-traffic websites that need high-performance CDNs/CMS/DNS/Storage solution with auto-scaling and strong localization

>> No.15838167

>>15838040
on second thought, I probably fell for your bait, no one is that dumb.

>> No.15838253

>>15838147
>What is up to 90% price savings by running on spare capacity
So what? Paying 1 cent per GB or 10 cents per GB makes no difference to large corporations. Only a homeless pajeet would care about saving 9 cents, hahahah. Way to out yourself.

>What is over 200 established customers running on the network already
200 customers are nothing. HostGator has nearly a million paying users. My local laundromat gets at least 200 customers every day. I'm not investing an laundromat and neither will I invest in some hosting platform ran out of a kitchen.

>Imagine thinking that this solution is aimed at some mom and pop blog with 3 views per month on their WP site instead of high-traffic websites that need high-performance CDNs/CMS/DNS/Storage solution with auto-scaling and strong localization
Do you honestly think people care about the performance of their CDNs or DNS? Many reputable companies use Wordpress for their websites. And storage? Fucking kek, majority of web sites are only a few megabytes. Only nerds hosting pirated movies and games on their personal hosting need significant storage.

So what's the draw here again? Thought so.

>> No.15838254

>>15837873
collab with iexec when?!
edge hosting while iexec providing heavy computations for apps

>> No.15838392

>>15838253
Price performance counts obviously, as they are specifically targeting high-traffic domains such as news websites. Up to 90% price reductions combined with higher uptime and lower latencies to end-users is nothing to scoff at. Combined with literally unlimited scalability (billions of devices with unused spare capacity), the y can expand extremely fast.

Those 200 customers are mostly high-value domains, you can see some at https://edit.com/.. They aren't making 3M+ yearly revenue + 6M in the pipeline from providing hosting to the local candyshop WP admins like you.

> Do you honestly think people care about the performance of their CDNs or DNS? Many reputable companies use Wordpress for their websites. And storage? Fucking kek, majority of web sites are only a few megabytes
Again, you are talking about the web-presence of some enterprise that no one really visits, instead of high-traffic domains (e-commerce, publishing, video streaming). And yep, surely hosting a few petabytes of astronomy or ML datasets is probably also free in your mind, right ?

>> No.15838422

>>15838392
>They aren't making 3M+ yearly revenue + 6M in the pipeline from providing hosting to the local candyshop WP admins like you.
KEK'd. Sorry for wasting your time fren. I hold EDGE, but had to imitate retards without any real world business sense for my amusement. The 1 vs 9 cent difference of course adds up over a year and could mean the difference between ten million dollars or one million dollars in case of giants like Yahoo. No one can legitimately FUD this project. It's speculative, sure, but the tech sector are going to be all over this. The green energy saving aspect of the service will be particularly enticing for San Fran startups and socially responsible businesses. Hosting with EDGE is like using recycled paper for your product packaging, except it costs you less rather than more.

>> No.15838480

>>15838422
kek I knew you had to be baiting but on the other hand this is biz and there's enough retards here that actually think like that

The only thing this project needs is to get the self-serve interfaces for easy onboarding of customers and some guerilla marketing and this can really take off big in the tech world, especially with the "green-aware anti big corps" folks. A few of them like ecohustler.com have already onboarded.

>> No.15838514

Sorry I'm a biz brainlet. Does spare capacity mean I can just hook up my gaming PC and earn cash?

>> No.15838653

>>15838422
>>15838480
> Project that cares about muh energy savings
Yeah no thanks, basedyboys

>> No.15838692

>>15838480
>The only thing this project needs is to get the self-serve interfaces for easy onboarding of customers and some guerilla marketing and this can really take off big in the tech world, especially with the "green-aware anti big corps" folks.
I'm willingly to bet they will open their service to the public sometime early next year. Summer the latest. If they set up an affiliate marketing program, EDGE will grow even faster. They will get every other web master advertising it for free.

>>15838653
>I hate basedboys so much, I don't want anything to do with them
You must also hate money.

>> No.15838694

>>15838514
easy answer: yes.
https://medium.com/@iaufmc39/setting-up-a-host-node-for-the-edge-network-step-by-step-c1b54f85a396

>> No.15838843

How you guys doing with your nodes? I have a single host, self onboarded about a month ago. Currently running right around 1 mb/second average speeds for a few days now which is much higher than the first few weeks. Almost ready to add 2 more pis once we’re allowed additional hosts. Only difference will be higher storage on these for some future proofing.

>> No.15838848

>>15838692
All in chainlink here, which is going to 1000EOY and me a millionaire. Thx for your concern though, green energy cuck

>> No.15838964

>>15838843
Pretty well, getting 40$ a month from running a founding node and a self-onboarded one. And I'm on the list for a gateway to make the REAL passive income (hoping a few hundred per month).

>> No.15838976

>>15838848
If I held a shitcoin I would say save planet earth and go recycle yourself, but instead I will urge you to put some of your gains into an EDGE node once you make it as a millionaire. Passive income that can fund your daily hooker needs and allow you to present yourself as an environmentalist while hobnobbing with the elite. Women will swoon when they see your Raspberry Pi staking node on your nightstand.

>> No.15839135

>>15838964
I’d be at about $25 extrapolated out to a full month. So far I’m the only operator in my city of about 1.5 million so hopeful these pay off soon. Running a gateway is based good luck dude.

>> No.15839259

>>15837958
Not fooled mr. Poocurry

>> No.15839421

>>15838254
Iexec is better and will btfo chainlink very hard ,, who is edge? Noone

>> No.15839598

>>15839421
cool it ranjeet and come back when iExec has a single user.

>> No.15840523

The project is run by idiots.
> Named their project DADI
> Explicitly confirmed is wasn’t pronounced Dah-Dee and instead was literally Daddy
> Claimed making people uncomfortable was a marketing perk
> Rebranded after their coin tanks near zero

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

EMAIL SERVICE was HACKED literally within like a day of their ICO causing a multi-hundred thousand dollar phishing scam. To which the team, which just raise FORTY MILLION DOLLARS refused to compensate the victims of their own server being compromised despite it only costing them 1% of their entire raise.

Then blew the $40m by never exiting the crypto market

Is this enough fud?

>> No.15840659

>>15840523
No sorry, thats just retarded. Might have counted as fud in beginning of 2018.

GoDaddy has a equally bad name and is worth Billions so there is no correlation to the name.

Don't know where you got 40M number, it was 26M. And why should they refund criminals? Most likely the biggest transactions were of the hackers themselves hoping for such a refund.

Also stop copying this retarded pasta from warosu pranjandesh.

>> No.15840806

>>15838422
>>15838392
Is there some site where I can compare EDGEs prices to those of centralized competitors?

>> No.15840808

>>15840523
>Not FUD
>Not FUD
>Not FUD.
>Not FUD. Correlation is not causation.
>They raised 29 million dollars in the ICO and met 100% of their goals? That's significantly more than most crypto projects. Possibly in the top 5%. Bullish, shows demand in the service. DADI isn't running an e-mail service and the mail server wasn't theirs.

>> No.15840882

>>15840806
>Is there some site where I can compare EDGEs prices to those of centralized competitors?
Here's their pricing structure: https://edge.network/en/pricing/
You will have to look up the competitor's websites, but one example: https://cloud.google.com/storage/pricing

Google Cloud Storage: $0.026 per GB
EDGE Cloud Storage: $0.01 per GB ($0.008 over 10TB/month)
Cold/Cool storage costs the same. But data transfer is 10 times cheaper with EDGE.

>> No.15840958

>>15840882
Thanks, thats pretty neat. Not many blockchain projects, if they even have products at all, show direct pricing models and even less are actually cheaper than their centralized counterparts

>> No.15841295

Where do you guys buy coinage? I’ve been using KuCoin but afraid it will get the boot if volume doesn’t pick up soon.

>> No.15841347

>>15841295
Okex is now the place to go, if you want some liquidity. But yeah volume is shit since the the marketmaker bot isn't active anymore

>> No.15841669

>>15841347
Looks like they don’t officially support US customers so think I’ll try avoiding a VPN option and just see how much I can accumulate on KuCoin.

>> No.15841866

Have had my eye on this for some time but haven't pulled the trigger yet as I thought they will retrace to the previous bottom in sats. Looks like that isn't going to happen. Where do you see it in one year pricewise realistically?

>> No.15842409

>>15841866
I'd say 30 cents next summer. If they can onboard the full 6M revenue until then, a lot higher.

>> No.15842604

>>15841866
Like the anon said, 25-35 cents seems realistic. Assuming no PnD group targets this coin by then, in which case it could go higher (but then will dump). Either way, you will still be in the positive at the current prices.

>> No.15843588

Edge 4 me dadi