[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 22 KB, 480x480, 1472093636676.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1541417 No.1541417 [Reply] [Original]

how to stop being afraid of trading?
i thought it was because i was scared of losing money so the simple fix was going SIM. but im too afraid to even trade a SIM account, what the fuck? it's like im more afraid of being wrong than anything else. im afraid of failing but what the hell can i do about it? the fear of failure is so great that i cant even place a $20 trade which is less than i make per hour at my shit manufacturing job.

how can some of you so easily throw your money around? i browse the robinhood general sometimes and you guys are just throwing money at the meme-est stocks ever like it's nothing. even when you guys lose you keep going.

teach me.

>tfw the stocks you had your eyes on are all up

>> No.1541545

>>1541417

Being afraid of making a trade is just due to not knowing why you are making that particular trade in the first place. If you don't know what you are doing and why you are doing it then fear is natural.

If you are confident about a trade, then there is absolutely no reason to be afraid of doing the trade.

>> No.1541548

>>1541417
Why are you afraid to trade a simulated account? You can't lose money paper trading. You have a mental disorder

>> No.1541581
File: 35 KB, 300x424, nigel_farage__07200.1396341118.1280.1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1541417

i used to be like you OP

Once you lose a trade that costs you over $1000 whithin like 30 seconds then you quickly become desensitized to the market.

and once you no longer fear losing money then you start getting cocky and thinking smart, thats when you start making money.

also you just gotta buy the dip

>> No.1541734

>>1541417
Being too risk adverse is a bad trait for trading. You will lose trades, if you can't handle losing some money any given day you don't need to be trading.

>> No.1541771

You fear the unknown. That's okay, but unless you are willing to take some losses you shouldn't be trading or investing at all.

My view on investing is this: if you have an idea and you don't act on it, and then that idea proves itself to be right with the asset appreciating...you've lost an opportunity that you will never get back.

Keep in mind that flat rate commission on stock trades is fuck all if you're playing with any reasonable amount of money.

Buy when there is blood in the streets or when stocks/commodities have hit their historical inflation adjusted lows.

>> No.1541776

Just give up, you are too much of a puss. I lost 15k at the start of this year and it was a mild unease until it all came back.

>> No.1541778

>>1541417
trade smalltime first like $500 to reduce your fears.. once you get comfy, you can put bigger money.

I trade thousands of follars of memestock and shitcoins and i leave them in the exchanges.. Im fearless

>> No.1541786

>>1541417
I don't think this is for you. just go to school and get a better job, save money and throw it into mutual funds or any type of shit that is managed for you. don't fuck with single stocks.

>> No.1541903

>>1541417
>the robinhood general sometimes and you guys are just throwing money at the meme-est stocks
Those people aren't real traders, and they're playing with a few hundred dollars, at most.
Robinhood was designed to lure people with little money in to the market. Commission free trading is a powerful draw.

>> No.1542091

>>1541778
Badman movements. How much POTCOIN do you currently control?

>> No.1542096

>>1542091
i got out of potcoin.. just waiting for dips if it ever happens

>> No.1542100

>>1541417
When in doubt, don't pussy out; double down.
If you buy stocks sensibly, it'll go up sooner or later. Just gotta stomach it or laugh it off. Once you're in the green, you can just consider yourself net positive when looking at the long run every time your stock of the day/week takes a dip.

Otherwise, maybe trading isn't for you.