[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 193 KB, 439x656, 1474498493612.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1521349 No.1521349 [Reply] [Original]

I want to start a business instead of going to university.

The start up costs don't seem that bad, like for a website maybe, the paperwork, all of that stuff seems to be under like $300 or something. It really sucks that all you need is the idea, like that's all that is keeping you from making like $100,000+ per year as a business owner working 20 hours per week, a single solitary good motherfucking idea.

My grandmother is offering me a full ride to any shitty university I want to go to, but I think it's a waste of time. Thinking of what to offer as a business is really fucking hard, guys. Once you have the idea, it seems like its smooth sailing from there, but the fucking idea, something that can reward a profit, anything at all, beating the competitors, is just fucking hard to think of.

>> No.1521354

>>1521349
Getting in the competitive marathon of business management is not as easy as it seems. An idea is not enough, it needs a lot of money to start if you wish to actually build something and not just another affiliate website.

A college is fine if you get into the 3-4 worthy specialties, half of which can be self taught.

>> No.1521358

>>1521349

That isn't how business works.

A good business idea is one that's so obvious that every moment you aren't dedicating to it feels like you're burning money.

There are a million and one idiots with capital who want to get into business "when I get an idea".

Pick a product or service, and provide it at a competitive cost. Does the world need another grocery store, gym, or yoga center? Probably not but if it's closer/cheaper/nicer people will spend their money there.

>> No.1521361

>>1521354
>A college is fine if you get into the 3-4 worthy specialties, half of which can be self taught.

My plan is to try to think of something until January and if I can't, I'll just go to whatever shitty local state college accepts me and let my grandmother pay for it, because that is free money for me, I guess.

It gets to me, that all that is keeping you, is some good idea, and I get what you're saying about needing to grow it and whatever, but there are loads of these boutiques that make maybe a few products by themselves in their garage or whatever, and they're just the best at it and make the best product so people pay them. These ideas are out there, my brain is just not on the same signal as they are, you know?

>>1521358
Right, providing something and just being more competitive is the obvious one. A lot of things that I've looked into are already so competitive that making it cost any less to make anything at all is almost impossible at a small business owner level, it seems at least.