[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 299 KB, 850x782, 1474582795081.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1519435 No.1519435 [Reply] [Original]

I'm only home ~6 days out of the month and want to rent out spare bedrooms in my house to cover my mortgage. How do I properly find people that are dindus or normies that'll trash the place? I tried posting an ad on Craigslist and all I got were college aged scoundrels and normies wanting to move close to the beach. I just want a professional that actually works and is mature and introvert and doesn't mind living in a small fixer upper.

>> No.1519438

>>1519435
You attract people by what you offer mate. If your house looks like a college student house for potheads, then that's what you are getting.

Your best bet is advertising it yourself to friends and distant family.

>> No.1519444

>>1519438
I wouldn't trust my Mom or Brother renting from me. My Mom chases every man that talks to her and I don't want strangers coming in my house. I doubt my Brother would ever pay a dime in rent. He's a loser that plays video games all day. I have no friends. I'm a truck driver.

>> No.1519457

There was a woman with a 15 year old daughter that wanted to rent, but wanted 2 rooms for the price of 1. But she was a RN and her daughter didn't look like the type of whore that'd cause much problems. Should I just accept that? Paying half the mortgage is better than paying it all by myself.

>> No.1519615

>college-aged scoundrels
>normies
>dindus

Christ, you sound like an asshole of a landlord.

The fuck does 'normie' even mean?
I hear it a lot, I just don't get the meme.
Does 'college-aged' mean they go to college?
Also, ever heard of mature students?
Everybody is college aged...
I've been college-aged for the past 20 years, I only spent 6 months on technical courses over that period.

>wanting to move close to the beach
Is the property close to the beach?
Because I have news for you, if it’s close to the beach, you're gonna get people who wanna live close to the beach.

What's wrong with writing the ad to appeal to what you want?

I rented a room for a year (UK) and I worded the ad as 'peaceful attic room, suit quiet student or young professional, smoking ok, furnished, all bills included, only one other tenant (me) I work nights so will have place to yourself, guests ok, no parties / loud music though - quiet street, good transport links' etc

I got what I wanted - a young but mature, quiet student, middle class parents bankrolled him, was out of the house all day, just crashed there.

>> No.1519826

>>1519435
>How do I properly find people that are dindus or normies that'll trash the place?
Kek that sounds like you're trying to get insurance money or something.
As the saying goes ask and you shall receive. If you put out an ad stating that you won't tolerate X, Y, and Z then you won't get people who will abuse your house. Why? People like that don't like hard ass landlords. Not that you won't get a few who will try to fool you with a good girl act but you have to lay down the law and cook up some consequences. When you do that you will get people who are looking for a place to stay and aren't willing to fuck it up by being dumb.
>>1519457
>wanted 2 rooms for the price of 1
>she was a RN
>15 year old daughter
Don't do it. She's sounds like a broken woman who is barely able to raise her kid. Unless you want excuses, sob stories, and late rent I would steer clear.

>> No.1519881

>>1519435
try airbnb?

>> No.1519904

>>1519457
Is the daughter hot?

Give them the discount if mom agrees to let you bang her daughter

>> No.1520318

>>1519904
Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think of that in the first 0.00005 seconds I read that.
And then for some time afterwards...

>> No.1520436

>>1519881
Doesn't an airbnb hosting just like a regular bnb?
I think OP wants to rent the rooms out to people he doesn't have to constantly keep tabs on or babysit.

>> No.1520439

>>1519435
>I want to profit from the irresponsibility of others
>I don't want to deal with their irresponsibility

choose one, faggot.

>> No.1520443

>>1519457
no dude

stay away, single moms are trash. if you start the business relationship with you relenting on price then she'll only push the boundaries further while she's living there

>> No.1520465

I finally had a decent candidate. He's former military and runs his own business moving furniture for military families moving into the area (I live not far from Navy base on the beach). He's in his 30s so not one of the retarded hick military people that get in today killing themselves juggling grenades showing off to other hicks and the news calling them a hero.

>> No.1520539

>>1520443
You know what's up.
When doing business with women you give them an inch and they'll take a mile. You seriously can't be easy on them. I see guys give discounts to women or give them breaks and before you know it they try to get more and more.