[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 22 KB, 660x440, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15016110 No.15016110 [Reply] [Original]

If the anon who posted this thread: >>15010038 sees this, just want to make some clarifications to my response: >>15011254

>After 5 years, get the quantity of chinkcoin you converted, the chink/ETH rate you used, and the ETH/USD rate you used. Multiplying these 3 numbers will give you the new USD value for that given amount of chinkcoins. Call it 'y'

I should not have said the "ETH/USD rate you used", it was probably more accurate to have said: the ETH/USD rate at the time of converting into Ether, as that was a crypto-to-crypto exchange, and so was a taxable event.

Once you were in ETH, you may also have potentially incurred short-term capital gains if the ETH/USD price mentioned above rose, before you could cash out to fiat from ETH. So you may also need to account for this, in addition to your long-term capital gain.

I haven't really looked much into the crypto tax situation, so I'm trying to figure it out as I go.

>> No.15016137
File: 8 KB, 200x114, bitcoinqrcodemaker_logo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15016110
In case anyone needs a quick and simple bitcoin QR code tool for sending and receiving check out:

https://www.bitcoinqrcodemaker.com