[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 523 KB, 1111x597, pepe smug computer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1438759 No.1438759 [Reply] [Original]

tl;dr
>don't want to unleash the sperg 'tism
>What do you say on the phone when you follow up a cold job application?

I've emailed a bunch of companies in the industry I want to get into, now it's time to phone them all and follow up.

I guess there's a few points I need to hit, and I need to write down what I'm going to say so that I don't lose my spaghetti everywhere.

eg.

"Hi, my name is Anon. Recently I posted in a copy of my resume. I was hoping to touch base with the right person to see if they had had a chance to look it over, or if there were any upcoming positions at X Company"

I'm open to suggestions about how to change the wording

Then at the end I just thank them for their time

>> No.1438762

or maybe

"Hi, my name is Anon. Recently I posted in a copy of my resume. I was hoping to touch base with the right person to see if they had had a chance to look it over, or if they were aware of any upcoming positions at X Company"

>> No.1438806
File: 133 KB, 425x282, interview.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think Centrelink should give out free Beta blockers. Jesus christ.

>> No.1438851

"hello, i am anon, pls employ me"

>> No.1438873
File: 86 KB, 676x592, job cover letter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1438851

I tried sending this as a job application once. I'm pretty sure the recruitment company blacklisted me, and then got every other recruitment company in the city to blacklist me.