[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 22 KB, 300x300, zsfbxdgxdgf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13758683 No.13758683 [Reply] [Original]

>hodling crypto
>playing the stock market

so much gravy

>> No.13758805

It's really the best way to make money. This board is too retarded to do both and hedge their own risk. Biotech options are free money pretty much.

>> No.13759157

>>13758805

Which biotechs?

And are buying or writing?

>> No.13759402

>>13759157
Currently only buying, but right now I'm holding a fat stack of NBRV calls (good entry point today if you're into that. Their previous drug is hopefully going up for reapproval in August, and a new one has an approval date in the same month. At worst, you can sell your shares and options before the date and make a good profit from today, or try and catch a moon. I'm going to try and sell half my position the day before to hedge my bets.

Also, keep an eye on LPTX and NVTA. I'm not in them yet (imho nbrv is free money),but once I get my profits they are both good companies.

>> No.13760086

>>13758805
how do i learn this riskiness? i've made a few biotech plays, only stock purchases though. most recent one on TTNP back in December and got fucking murked

>> No.13760127

>>13760086
Good stop losses can help, and using a broker with full extended hours. I think the best thing to do is find biotechs with catalysts a bit far out, so you can get in early and then decide if you want to hold or not.

Stage 3 trials are the riskiest play, but FDA approvals are usually a safe bet. Something like 70 percent of all drugs are approved iirc

>> No.13760199

>>13760127
yeah i kind of gave myself a crash course on the biotech sphere a few months back. there seems to be an enormous amounts of red tape though. i mean just followiing TTNP alone, they received FDA approval for their drug, then manufacturing, then a walgreens partnership and its' been relatively silent since then, aside from insider purchases. when they received FDA approval I figured it was going to soar to 100+ but... I'm learning that's not the case. any idea where I can get a better picture of the procedures? like researching and development comes first, then trials, then fda approval, then...??

>> No.13760289

>>13760199
Still green myself. Once you get past FDA approval though, you basically start following the company as a profit and evaluating it as you would any other stock. But generally, I only game FDA approvals and trials. The FDA catalyst calendar is a good resource for keeping tabs on everything. But definitely make sure to dive into management and their past mistakes if you really wanna make sure you are up to speed.

>> No.13760826

>>13760289
oh wow thank you man, that's an invaluable resource that i had no idea existed. need to do better research fuck lmao really appreciate the tips!