[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 239 KB, 961x816, 1497547440469.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13371635 No.13371635 [Reply] [Original]

>used to work for $6 billion turnover company
>no clause in contract preventing me from running off to a competitor
>resigned, they were happy for me to work on stuff worth tens of millions even though I could have gone rogue at any moment and fucked shit up
>jump ship and work for a $2 million turnover company
>clause in contract saying I that following the termination of my employment I can't work for a competitor, become a competitor, engage with the products/services of any company I've had material contact with or who was a customer of the company during the course of my employment with my employer, entice existing employees away from the company to a competitor or company with whom I've had material contact with... etc. etc. etc.

What's the deal with boomers and thinking they own their employees?

This contract essentially says that if my dumb boomer managing director does a piece of work for a local hospital and I'm taken to the emergency room there that I they have to let me die on the operating table or I'm in breach of contract. Is this the wagey life?

>> No.13371813
File: 15 KB, 291x326, 1516598450350.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13371635

It's just a scare tactic. Those are never enforced and they aren't going to lie up their lawyers going after you