[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 52 KB, 1024x669, 1547119173877.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13341183 No.13341183 [Reply] [Original]

I'm at my wit's end /biz/ I graduated almost a year ago, I studied finance at the top school of my country. Six months after graduation I already had a job, here's the plot twist: I work at a call center for a credit union. I absolutely hate it, I mean the environment is fine, pay is not terrible, and I have every benefit but the mind numbing repetitive nature of the job is eating my soul. Not to talk about how my skills are getting atrophied by just taking calls and having to explain yet another idiot how credit cards work.

Every day I struggle to get up in the morning, and every night I struggle with anxiety because I hate it so much. Also I have no hope of getting a promotion (most of the department is in the companies headquarters, new positions were opened up but they were snagged by those who had been there for a year or more because we can't get promoted yet) I also can't leave the department for another one unless I put in a year.

Should I kill myself or accept my failure and quit?

>> No.13341242
File: 25 KB, 609x400, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.13341248

>>13341183
If you think you have a good chance of getting promoted/transferred after a year or so, then just accept that you have to spend a year in purgatory and go into monk mode for the time being.

>> No.13341253

>>13341242
suicide in t-2weeks

>> No.13341282

>>13341183
Yeah life sucks buddy, but it could be worse!! You could be a neet or heroin addict on the street, stop being a faggot and be thankful for having a job that helps to support yourself. I'm a neet and im looking for something that will give me a lot of money but at the same time doesn't crush my soul. Good luck, and ha g there.

>> No.13341420

>>13341282
I already had a job that helped me support myself. I left it because this paid marginally better and had benefits.

Being a neet or a heroin addict is a choice, just like staying in this personal hell is also a choice. I'm just wondering if it makes me a huge failure to quit a job I despise with every bit of myself. It's a shame because the company itself is very nice and so is everyone that works in it, I'm just not a good fit. Some of my co-workers seem to love it, but I cant deal with the repetition and utter feeling of banality that the job has.

>> No.13341431

>>13341183
OOPSIE DAISY LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER WAGIE FELL FOR THE GO TO COLLEGE GET A JOB MEME AHAHAHA ENJOY RUNNING ON THE NORMIE TREADMILL AND WATCHING NETFLIX IN THE FOUR HOURS OF FREE TIME YOU HAVE A DAY AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAH

>> No.13341440

Well you got a boring ass degree for a boring ass job idk what your problem is here