[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 74 KB, 765x703, 1551508887760.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13255059 No.13255059 [Reply] [Original]

>I cannot cope
>and refuse to seethe
This is for all the underageb&, yuropoors, and burgerclapistanis on the board. Quit trying to simply make it in crypto. Quit spending money. Make a goddamn budget and stick to that shit like it's your favorite goddamn hobby.

Write out what your income is on a piece of paper. Keep your receipts and look at your cash flow. Record every Sunday EVERY SUNDAY what you brought in and outflow. Every Sunday every vidya sale, 2 for 2$ hamberdr, going out, monster energy drinks, whatever the fuck you spend money on. Write that shit out and see what you can cut.

Now comes the fun part. Remove everything that isn't absolutely necessary. Your budget should look like the only thing you spend money on is what you need to survive and function. Bills, rent, utility, monthly food. Then give yourself a 10% or less of your need to function amount as throwaround or entertainment funds. Funny how resourceful you get when you limit your discretionary income from your disposable income.

Start saving that discretionary income in a high interest savings account and when it hits a certain landmark number transfer it to a ROTH IRA and buy ETFs so you can make your money make money.

It really is this easy and I refuse to cope with all the tards burning money faster than they make it.
You Need A Budget
fucking make one right now and you basically have a leg up on every other human being wasting away in the wage slave cage for shekelstein.

FIRE lifestyle, extreme budgeting, and functional discretionary investing discussion endorsed here. Inb4 shill coin slide thread comes along.

Share actual budgets ask for advice save that fucking money.

>> No.13255151

40% savings rate reporting in (70% after-tax rate)

80k NW at 24, on track for FIRE by 45

>> No.13255367
File: 140 KB, 462x422, 1539298155657.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13255151
fuck yeah

let's get some budgets going. heres one from my last long term contract.

3 years in a shit city. 3k discretionary a month with bills being 1800 for a very nice setup that turned the commute into a 12 minute walk everyday. a mile worth of exercise through the best part of the city 5 days a week over 3 years. in home gym, happy hours free food drink once a week, real lifestyle creep shit that I wouldn't consider as much these days.

from 3K -1800 was my catch all covered everything. Breaking it down 70$ for the best internet in the area only internet no television etc. Phone bill for family 130$ for unlimited everything across 4 lines parents and sister. 100$ food budget. Rent was the biggest contender at 1500 a month but saving 1200 was fucking nice.

I would give myself 100$ beer and chicken money for either luxury items like alchohol, eating out, going out with friends, buying video games, what the fuck ever. 100 went to emergency immediate savings and the 1000 remaining would go into the ROTH IRA until it was capped. After IRA was capped annually I was looking for the best credit union I could get access to with the highest returns on savings and certificates. Began opening a certificate with 50% of emergency savings if there was no emergencies in the year and 80% of the savings if the certificate return was higher than the annual average. Opened two and have one popping out in August. If I had stayed with that contract I would have been weaning myself off lifestyle creep to put more into my 401K. Always filled maximum match on the 401K and began taking classes as soon as my tenure with the contract allowed for tuition reimbursement from the company. Made a profit off a new degree during that shit.

>> No.13255397
File: 9 KB, 235x214, 1535910264852.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck lets talk about perks. If you see a shitty entry level position that can get you more money than your wage cage and offers tuition reimbursement with other benefits take that shit.

As a /biz/nessman you should be getting shit for free and ignoring the normie lifestyle. Let me tell you that shit is easy to do when you go into a 9-5 and then need to pass a certification in order to stay in the green. You put your skin in the game by paying up front and that incentive should cause you to study your ass off and get the certification or whatever is needed for the reimbursement. Then the fucking company pays you for that shit and you have more bargaining power next annual review and at interviews for new higher paying positions.

Come on /biz/lets let's see you at least try to make it.

>> No.13255455
File: 10 KB, 128x115, cashwhale.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Don't ever fall for NEET status either. If you are between jobs or contracts go back home to mommy and daddy and start doing independent research on skills that are gonna get you fucking easy money and hired again. Whenever I was between contracts I would take unemployment insurance and start mass downloading lynda and cbt nuggets tutorials for future certifications.

Too lazy to torrent free training information go to Khan academy and start brushing up on algebra most humans are mathlets and can't even into discrete math functions. If you feel compelled take like a 2 week sabbatical before making learning or getting re-employed you're next 9-5.

Discipline will make you fucking rich. Normies can't deal with not keeping up with pop culture bullshit but /biz/ we're all gonna make it. Discipline yourself and budget not only your income but your time too. Make sure you budget time to accommodate you are never not training even if you aren't currently employed.

>> No.13255526

Instructions unclear dick at stake in the Cast register at Macy’s but thank you for the advice anyway

>> No.13255532

>>13255059
im not reading all of this nonsense I need a some crypto picks that will moon 400% in the next week

>> No.13255870
File: 73 KB, 647x644, 1401740670023.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13255526
ganbare dick-kun through dick unity

>>13255532
If you read this nonsense you will moon EOY 4000%

>> No.13255906

>yeah bros just live in poverty and misery where everyone starts shunning you like an antisocial pariah just so can make negligible savings that'll be eroded by cost of living, inflation, and emergencies because you're working three pos jobs
fuck you, why don't you tell people how to MAKE money?

>> No.13255922

>>13255059
>cut out monster energy
no dad

>> No.13255988
File: 6 KB, 180x56, revaturelogo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13255906
>>13255455
already outlined in the based dubs post. you can self teach yourself into a good entry level position. if worse comes to worse and you feel suicidal there are companies that will pay you shit wages for training for the honor of 2 years indentured servitude. Don't research this company. Research coding or apprenticeship positions.

>> No.13256000

>>13255906
He’s telling you brainlet.
Even if the game is rigged it’s not impossible.

>> No.13256049

>>13255059

is YNAB on idex? cant find it

>> No.13256058

>>13255059
Actual good advice but how many people will actually listen? Most of you reading this will look back and deeply regret not getting your financial life under control.

>> No.13256356
File: 133 KB, 881x796, levels of education.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13255988
My dubs are blessed with info and yet cursed by kegare: beware the offers that are too good to be true.
All knowledge is self knowledge I implore all /biz/lets to all in on learning.

>>13256000
absolutely based blessed trips.

>> No.13257017
File: 28 KB, 1027x731, Yrnewx8[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13256356
>tfw high grade imbecile

>> No.13257622
File: 93 KB, 1000x800, 1551624103492.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13257017
but little helper you have the strength to grow. You could be a moron before summer starts and a fully fledged human capable of work requiring reason and judgement before September ends! I'm self teaching myself Python and Sharepoint to find lucrative contracts with easy shit Boomers just can't comprehend and I'm literally a 30yo boomer. If I can sit down for an hour a day and learn how to do it imagine if you spent more time then that on any highly desirable skill in your area!

>> No.13257657

>>13255059

Actual business advice needed here.

I started a business with an old co-worker from my industry - we both have dayjobs in difference firms now.

He is really eager to contribute but I think requires help to find his niche. At the moment I've kind of taken over all the tech side and a lot of the initial set up process, meaning even though he is eager it is kind of challenging to put him to work.

He has experience in the target industry - more than me, so I guess once we are more operational he will come out of his shell more but I feel like he feels he is guilty cause I'm doing alot of the start up shit.

What do?

>> No.13257918

wheres the non-compete? If you come out with something that you can patent then do. fuck dude only 1 person makes something if you crutchn on the market payout what your willing. theres a million assholes if loyalty is what you need than your sharing

>> No.13257948

>>13257657
wheres the non-compete? If you come out with something that you can patent then do. fuck dude only 1 person makes something if you crutchn on the market payout what your willing. theres a million assholes if loyalty is what you need than your sharing

>> No.13258003

>pinch and save
>don't enjoy your best years, eat like a hobo so you can ROTH IRA the bare minimum
>y-you will make it, I swear!
Literally "you fat cats didn't finish your plankton" tier advice
May as well plan for 401k and SS taking care of you in retirement
Don't try and become rich off 35k a year, explode your income so dramatically that buying a Lambo is chump change.

>> No.13258035
File: 384 KB, 754x1158, 1549580488463.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13257657
This sounds like something you need to talk to him about. Communication is key in business. Express to him EXPLICITY what you just shared with a stranger. That is to say (preferably in the same room or over a videochat)
>I feel like (You) feel guilty cause I'm doing a lot of the start up shit.
see how he responds. Now it might be worth going over with me honestly how do you feel in doing all the tech related work of the setup? In building the foundation for this startup business? Express it effectively. If you feel like it's more than you can chew express that. If you feel like there are things he could learn to do and contribute with within reason express that.

The worse thing that could happen is that one or both parties willingly ignore something and it grows because no one is outright addressing it.

gLeMzcZq
I don't exactly agree with what this user is saying but do cover your own ass. If you sign paperwork make sure that it's clearly stated the TECHNICAL aspect that you did solely was done in full by you.
Whereas the target audience work was to be relied on by him.

I think you should go over some ideas of: what your workload is so far, as well as what is expected from you IE deliverables. Is it reasonable or not for a single person to do. Should any external hires be made?
What could >partner
reasonably contribute at this point. Communicate with them and make sure they understand even if they are champing at the bit you need to get your part complete. Ask them that is if they can reasonably at this time contribute what does that entail.

You don't want them just spinning their wheels if they do feel guilty and communicate that to you confirming it. Then y'know tell them to treat you to a nice dinner and your favorite bottle of spirit or whatever you feel would balance the workload you are currently maintaining since they can't contribute otherwise.

>> No.13258065

>>13258035

That sounds solid. Gonna organise a meet up with him to keep him in the loop and explain that he might feel left out right now cause I have to get all this shit out of the way first.

He is more natural at sales than me, and more experienced in the day to day operations side of what we are gonna be doing. But the technical idea and implementing an MVP is pretty much on me right now.

>> No.13258176
File: 51 KB, 1218x561, 1551847064552.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13258065
Good shit. If you want to roleplay the conversation I'm down (no homo). You never know if your expectations will end up with some misunderstanding so going through a round of shadowboxing can always help to prepare for some ego shit popping off.

As far as green ID was going on it may be important to be titled as Chief Technical Officer or Director CTO when documents need to get signed.

>> No.13258178
File: 49 KB, 601x508, q7k0p0s[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13255059
>tfw saving 2000 yuros a month out of 2400
>living in parents basement at 26
>real estate so ridiculously inflated I might just do that until 30
Why wasn't I born back when you could afford a house as long as you had a decent job? I don't even wanna be rich

>> No.13258355

>>13258178
Do you have debt? If no then good. If yes then pay it off.

Start looking in your area for the skills that are most lucrative and in demand. Then use the internet to learn a foundation for it. Even better if you see some classes for a certification or program then get in it. Use that to find an entry level position to get that "professional experience" timeline on your resume in that field. Following that go somewhere where you can earn more and keep the overhead low.

>> No.13259090

>>13255059

I'm glad I've found about FIRE at the end of 2015 thanks to biz. But I'm more and more convinced that early retirement as a goal is becoming more and more of a pipe dream, especially as a yuropoor.

>> No.13259168

>>13258178
>Why wasn't I born back when you could afford a house as long as you had a decent job? I don't even wanna be rich

Fucking feel you man...