[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 73 KB, 524x468, 1434664803381.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1287844 No.1287844 [Reply] [Original]

I literally just stumbled into /biz/ by accident, my knowledge of economics is limited to recently completed first year uni courses. Just purchased a set of kneepads, now I have a few questions.

How genuine is the advice on this board? I feel as though people are just shilling whichever currency they are invested into in order to generate hype, increase demand and marginally improve the value of their investment.

Most posters I see are backing Trumpcoins in the short term and Ethereum in the long term. Can someone tell me why these are objectively good investments? I've seen criticism that Ethereum is just vaporware that uses technical mumbo jumbo to generate interest and in fact it is simply a pump and dump. Is this true? and if so is it worth getting in now to reap the benefits of the pump?

>> No.1287851

>>1287844
This post is going to get hate. But as another Anon told meTrump and Eth are like Sport (Jocks?) if they break a leg they are out. But bitcoin and Lisk and some other are like the nerds yes they may be bad now as they are learning but in the future they will be great. And I don't care much about short term gains (I do follow the P&D's here for easy money) but in for stable long term.

>> No.1287945
File: 1.33 MB, 200x200, t7W6APa.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1287851

that seems like an overly simplistic metaphor. what do you mean bitcoin is bad now? It's huge. You say its a better investment but hasn't it sort of peaked after all the publicity? Isn't it more of a stable investment with low return like a fixed deposit?

>> No.1287948

90% of the content on this board is either
1. kids lying about how rich they are
2. shills shilling
3. dumb economic arguments by people with, at best, a B.A. in Econ

but every once in a while there's something decent, so I keep coming back

>> No.1287977

>>1287844
If anyone is telling you to buy Trump - They are shilling. Don't listen unless you know what you're doing and are riding a wave.

If anyone is telling you to buy Eth - They aren't shilling as much as they are trying to convince you it's a great investment, because if they can convince you they can convince themselves. Don't listen unless you understand what Eth is, what it could be, and what it can't be.