[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 31 KB, 564x732, shotgun tits.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12608119 No.12608119 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a regular here and haven't held much crypto since last spring. I'm not looking for investment advice from you fools. I'm looking for a shift in market behavior.

The fact that you dumb asses are still shilling trash like LINK and BSV as if they're sound investments means it's still a long way down.

I've never once seen anybody discuss how cryptocurrency improved their life in any meaningful way, other than it went up in value for a short period of time.

>> No.12608127

>>12608119
cant tell if srs but link is a fkn meme and anyone who mentions sv is prolly just a csw sock puppet.

>> No.12608149

>>12608119
I’ve never heard anyone say gold has improved their life in a meaningful way other than it went up in value.

You can swap out any asset into your thought, it’ll sound retarded no matter what...thx just meaningfully improved 100k

>> No.12608224

>>12608149
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnsJEEEgbvY

>> No.12608286

>>12608119
>The fact that you dumb asses are still shilling trash like LINK and BSV as if they're sound investments means it's still a long way down.

Most people are btc maximalists whether they realize it or not. Any altcoin is really just a vehicle to accumulate more btc.

Cryptocurrency is in its infancy relatively speaking. Makes the market inherently speculative. It’s at least 5-10 years away (probably 20) from actually meaningfully impacting people’s lives in the sense you’re looking for

>> No.12608295

Great advice no one asked for faggot

>> No.12608342

cryptocurrency got me into smart contracts. i've been attracted to the idea of programming for decades, but never got past hello world type stuff because i couldn't be arsed to deal with servers. mostly i like to design game systems, but nobody is going to play your game if the presentation to design ratio isn't higher (not even talking about your call of duties... text only MUDs are higher presentation than what i like). blockchain changes that as you're provided with secure programmable money, hence financial incentives for people to participate in whatever you want to build
improved my life? you bet. i spend my days using it and building things on it and i'm having a blast
now that it gave me the push i needed, i would go on doing regular programming if crypto burned to nothing, but i don't see that happening in any scenario. if anything, the more i use it the more i see the ineluctability of it taking over everything
that being said, in the 90s i anticipated the world would look like ready player one within 10 years, in the 00s i thought people would wake up about immigraton and in 2013 i believed bitcoin was ridiculously overvalued at $100

>> No.12608619
File: 100 KB, 900x905, blockstreanpc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12608286
ETH's smart contracts actually brought me in. I recognized a market demand for an alternative to the bureaucratic nightmare it takes to uphold contracts. Sound money isn't just based on scarcity. Sound money is a means of upholding agreements. Legal tender is as important of a component as scarcity.
So I never had much faith in BTC or the SoV meme.

Maybe ETH won't amount to anything but cryptokitties. But it was worth a shot. If something better comes along I'll give it a shot. But it has to avoid the empty MLM trap that ether fell into. It could even be bitcoin, but I doubt it.

>> No.12609649
File: 80 KB, 550x558, bump that shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.12609752

>>12608119
But link has unironically performed well. Look at the charts. You could have 10x'd your eth with link. It was a pretty good investment.