[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 411 KB, 1390x792, 1_vai2mjbhKU3eRVNmas7saw.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12538293 No.12538293 [Reply] [Original]

Redpill me on ETH, thinking either 1 btc or 32 of these fuckers.

>> No.12538297

theres no ETH without BTC
but there is BTC without ETH

>> No.12538299

>>12538293
Eth is good, should get you more btc

>> No.12538337

It is true that Eth has slow development, and it definitely has competition (eos and ada) but I think it is too established to just die in the near future. If btc goes up, so does eth, it's a comfy hold fren.
And, if it fixes it's problems (scalability, pow, etc) it'll have secured it's place as world computer.

>> No.12538341

>>12538293
0.5 btc 16 eth go

>> No.12538370

>>12538337
>if it fixes it's problems (scalability, pow
>pow
How is PoW a problem?
You sound new

>> No.12538392

>>12538293

Biggest show of smoke and mirrors in crypto

>> No.12538564

>>12538370
It's a waste of resources, allows for 51% attacks, PoS would also fix the current centralising problem we see today (mining pools)

>> No.12538635

>>12538564
>It's a waste of resources
Don't fall for that meme! Please!
1. The current system is a waste of more that just elec, its wasting peoples lives!
2. More efficient tech will come along
3. The Oil companies shelf tech to make elec for free/more efficient. FYI the Laws of thermodynamics don't apply to High frequency/High Voltage!
>allows for 51% attacks,
Only if its a shitcoin! the PoS/ICO model allows the SEC to attack...
>PoS would also fix the current centralising problem we see today (mining pools).
Not really, the people with the resources to stake more ETH will get more...Just as it is now
By the time ETH needs staking i.e PoW ETH is all mined up, it will be long outdated & replaced with newer tech!

>> No.12538693

>1. The current system is a waste of more that just electricity, its wasting peoples lives!
explain
>2. More efficient tech will come along
this just results in another hashrate explosion and ends up with the same waste of electricity. the price of bitcoin determines the cost it takes to produce it , not the hashrate supporting it.
>3. The Oil companies shelf tech to make elec for free/more efficient. FYI the Laws of thermodynamics don't apply to High frequency/High Voltage!
brainlet detected
>>allows for 51% attacks,
>Only if its a shitcoin! the PoS/ICO model allows the SEC to attack...
only if they own like half of the supply (at which point the currency is worthless anyways)

>> No.12538797

>>12538693
>explain
Think of all the bank buildings, the staff, the elec to keep them running, the fuel to get the employees there....& peoples lives to keep the fraudulent system running!
>brainlet detected
NPC detected, go ahead look into this stuff! You obviously haven't!
> the PoS/ICO model allows the SEC to attack...
You skipped over this! This is the killer of the ICO/PoS! Its no longer Crypto as defined by the CFTC! Its how I knew you were new...Most haven't even heard of the CFTC!

>> No.12538808

>>12538297
the fuck you smoking kid

>> No.12538965
File: 100 KB, 900x905, blockstreanpc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12538293
My advice is too keep waiting.

If you buy ETH, then you're betting it actually will successfully fork into POS.
In case you didn't notice it failed to launch an uncontroversial network upgrade recently.
Going POS will be contentious and I believe the big mining cartels will do anything to stay in power.

With that said, you have to consider the risk/reward trade off. If it does go POS, the space race should catapult ETH into the 5-6 figure area.

Personally, I'll wait for sub $50 ETH before taking the risk on 32 ETH. And I'll buy a whole bitcoin under $1,500.

>>12538635
pic related

>> No.12539013
File: 416 KB, 680x680, 100_sweetie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12538797
>exchanges don't need staff
>bitcoin will abolish all financial institutes
>thermodynamics can be broken

>> No.12539040

>>12539013
You didnt even look up the CFTC
Zoomer detected

>> No.12539057

>>12539013

>exchanges don't need staff

At least you understand this.

>thermodynamics can be broken

Why couldn't they? It's not like there is an universal book of laws hanging on top of us stating that this theory is absolutely 100% correct.

>> No.12539134

>>12538965
>pic related
Yea, I know...Fuckin blockstream cunts!
I avoided talkin about BTC & just kept it PoW for this reason!

>> No.12539202

>>12539057
Go back to school retard. PoW is stupid too because it allows for situations like the BCHABC and BCHSV hash war bullshit that shows how much miners have control over your """store of value"""

>> No.12539253

>>12539134
Sorry, but you were using their talking points, cut and paste.

PoW may actually be the best consensus algorithm, but that's not saying much. It still fucking blows. The more people use it the worse it performs, by design. That's just bad economics.

Sharding, Plasma and Casper have some excellent game theory, even if it's all still just theory. If it all works, then we're talking about a fundamental pardigm shift in the global economy.

My only critique for ETH 2.0 is the backwards compatibility is easier said than done.

>> No.12539304

>>12538370
Kek ETH going for PoS is a good experiment though.

>> No.12539540

>>12539253
To be totally honest, My ONLY reason that I don't like PoS is cause of the SEC!
I personally believe Satoshi made BTC the way he did to avoid it being regulated as a security. Just my opinion.

Its really long winded but before BTC came along I got super involved in securities regulations for reasons. B/c of this I didn't buy ETH as it was a IPO under a different name. Lots of people were talkin about ETH being a security, I was not the only one. Can't remember if the CFTC had won BTC before or after the ETH ICO...It was roughly the same time though.

>> No.12540009
File: 49 KB, 259x290, upside-down-dollar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12539540
Congrats if you've been involved since last cycle. But I'm not exactly sure what you think all of the decentralization is for if you're scared of the three letter pigs.

I'm not trip'n on regulators. I wish they would come price in the havoc of the worst case scenario like Communist China did. Even if it means we have to take huge losses, the network would remain as valuable as ever.

Any crypto currency that can be regulated is not a crypto currency. That's the whole point of all the effort and pain that goes into all of this decentralization. Regulators can't make crypto irrelevant, but crypto can make regulations irrelevant.

ETH is more censorship resistant since it can host it's own infrastructure. Even if banks choke out the fiat onramps, there are stablecoins and DEXes that can pick up the weight.

Perhaps, Bitcoin's atomic/lightning swaps could do the trick as well. But I think it would use ether's infrastructure more than ether would use bitcoin's infrastructure.

At the end of the day, the world has gone sanction, embargo and tariff crazy. Nations with a lot of valuable resources and productivity are cut off from trade. They will either have to wise up or starve in isolation. So we might be measuring the unit price of ether in oil or cocaine, but it will have a value. Because someone will NEED it to trade.

>> No.12540290

any news when the fork is going to happen?

>> No.12540384

>>12540290
I heard 6 weeks.

>> No.12540388
File: 77 KB, 607x608, 1ce.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12538293
Not a long term hold

>> No.12540452
File: 87 KB, 779x465, AHAHHAHAAHHAAHNIGGERS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12538297
You know you can buy ETH with *gag* fiat right?

>> No.12540505

>he's not going all in on ETH

Lmao, hope you enjoy getting REKT. https://entethalliance.org/members/

>> No.12540646

>>12539202
That's why mining should be for distribution of tokens only. ETH goes proof of stake, you have a token such as 0xBitcoin that is the first pow pure mined currency on top of the network. ETH was meant to work to pay for gas and secure the network, not as a currency. It can be used as one, but it shouldn't be. The ERC20 tokens are the ecosystem. 0xBitcoin interacts with them, but ETH and ETC do not directly interact without some kind of sidechain or swap.
>>12540009
Lightning Network is a centralized offchain solution to solve scalability. Blockstream ruined Bitcoin. Mining cartels ruined Bitcoin. Satoshi wanted GPU mining to remain as distant as possible from taking over. 1 CPU 1 vote. So the network could grow more organically.
Ethereum dapps can put peer to peer in front over centralized systems.

>> No.12540665
File: 408 KB, 964x995, PONZI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12538293

>> No.12540806

>>12540646
eth is shit so is 0x
you're a retard

mining cartels ruined eth
they get to decide the gas limit
bitcoin refused the controversial block upgrade
but you're too stupid to think of the implications

>> No.12540811 [DELETED] 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5101456.0

This is what will make ETH moon

>> No.12541088

>>12540646
>Ethereum dapps can put peer to peer in front over centralized systems.
You have it backwards. The front end tends to be centralized, but the back end is what matters. The front end can migrate from address to address. The back end is what needs to be decentralized and consistent.

>> No.12541610
File: 49 KB, 1000x500, 32f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.12541855

>>12538293
32 eth brah
passive income > all

>> No.12542026

>>12540009
>Any crypto currency that can be regulated is not a crypto currency.
Couldn't have said it better myself!
FYI the securitisation of crypto has 0 effect on me personally. I'll change country.
>Regulators can't make crypto irrelevant, but crypto can make regulations irrelevant.
This is a dream & will likely remain that way! Sadly! People don't like being 'woke'.
Things change but they stay the same, The ICO crowd is proving this...
WOW, unregistered blockchain IPOs! With 1 word change. Now blockchain = crypto
People are dumb

>> No.12542145

It is the leading smart contract platform, and personally I believe smart contracts are the most important potential of blockchains, because it essentially contains within them all other features that blockchains can have. I think a fair price in the foreseeable future is at least the same marketcap as bitcoin, as it arguably is already seeing more usage and a bigger community. It has some disadvantages though, such as lower bandwidth and higher cost than other dapp platforms like EOS or Tron, however IMO it makes up for this with a more decentralized and secure consensus mechanism. It's personal preference, really. There is also plans that will address most, if not all, of these shortcomings in future upgrades. Ethereum as it is now is pretty much in a beta-like stage, it is unfinished. The biggest risk factor is whether or not these upgrades will be delayed too long and waste the head start in the network effect that Ethereum currently has.

>> No.12542584

>>12542026
>This is a dream & will likely remain that way! Sadly! People don't like being 'woke'.
Things change but they stay the same, The ICO crowd is proving this...
WOW, unregistered blockchain IPOs! With 1 word change. Now blockchain = crypto
People are dumb

I think the ICO model will still exist, but mutate into something closer to a dark web environment once the infrastructure is built out. More anonymous developers, better contracts and more community autonomy, but far less capital investment. I'll lay out an imaginary use case for you.

Let's say you want to rip patented code from a region locked and licensed poker site with KYC to offer an annonymous p2p dapp with no rake. But you need to raise funds anonymously, since you're violating every law on the books. So you have a pre-sale for the poker chips to buy some runway.

>> No.12542712

All in chainlink. No suckers choice for me between the 2.

>> No.12543143
File: 1.42 MB, 1056x1087, 1517588516052.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12542584
>since you're violating every law on the books
In your country yea, but still tonnes that is legal to do, so no need really.

We don't need ICOs & the regulation that comes along with it. Go down the securities path...Thing change, but they stay the same.
Not one PoW/ICO coin was complete upon release.
With PoW people with an interest/creators can all be part of the 'team' with a shared goal of increasing the coins 'value'. All the PoW coins have teams no ICO was necessary for them to fail/succeed. 'Investors' come along & speculate on the price...All the while avoiding regulation.

The only dead project that is still popular is Doge. Whats wrong with it? It works

Is PoW the best thing ever, NOPE. I hope something better comes along, which i why i would like to say on the PoW path.
Sadly ICOs will become/is 'crypto' & PoW will remain a Ancap niche

BTC got co-opted, now 'Crypto' will get co-opted.
People are to dumb to care!
The 'woke' are want to learn, 4chan is full of pseudo 'woke'!
Fuckin Zoomers, the world is so fucked!