[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 355 KB, 1536x2048, 1544525839433.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12267087 No.12267087 [Reply] [Original]

So my family has come into a sizable plot of land in Jamaica where weed has recently been legalized. They now want to use that land to start a pot farm. Apparently Canada is sourcing places like that for their legal supply. If successful it could be a huge stream of revenue.
My question is what kind of business would need to be set up to avoid in fighting within the family on who gets what and how would you keep say a disgruntled ex wife or bastard child from claiming they were entitled to it?

>> No.12267101

dude le WEED lmaoooooo000000000o00o0o0o0000o00o000o0o0

>> No.12267127

>>12267087
I did not read what you wrote, but she looks cute.

>> No.12267142

>>12267087
Who’s name is on the deed? If it’s a shared deed, you’re going to have to buy the other family members out or pay a lawyer to be the referee for everything.

Outside of that, even blood children have no legal entitlement to their families property. Whoever it was left to is who gets it.

t. My dad stiffed me on my inheritance

>> No.12267183

>>12267087
Do people find this kind of body attractive? What about the same thing w/ bigger boobs?

>> No.12267192

>>12267142
Right now my grandmother owns the land and will pass it to my mother and aunt once all the paperwork is taken care of. My hope is that we could set up like a trust fund or something that anyone in the family could withdraw from in reason. Sort of like put in a request and if you prove you're not buying hookers and blow then you're approved for the amount.

>> No.12267210

>>12267183

It's very attractive. I hope I make enough money in crypto so I can become a cute girl like that

>> No.12267223

>>12267192
Lol no. You are being set up to get took by idiot family members. There is a reason why primogeniture is still in practice. Get your gramma to give that shit to one person or buy your aunty out. Businesses are dictatorships, not democracies.

>> No.12267267

>>12267087
Assuming legality is solved, there is no way you are going to beat the huge indstrial farms who used to grow tobacoo.

Tons of people have been growning around tn/ky/va area for decades illigally. Same places where people used to grow tobacoo.

Indoor cost of production on a pound (depending on electricity) is like $350 btw

A braaap farm is probably your best bet.

>> No.12267283

>>12267267
This too. Growing weed has ever worsening profit margins, all the money is in value added processes like distillates/extracts.

>> No.12267309

>>12267267
To add, weed is only expensive because it's illegal. Without the risk of prosecution, I'd expect the price to fall in line with other agricultural commodities. I remember a few years back in CO it cost more to pay people to manicure your weed than it could be sold for.

The real money is in trafficking it from legal states to ones where it's illegal. If you're dead set on having a farm, grow some vegetables. Or just lease the land to some dumbass who thinks growing pot is a good idea- you get the economic rent, dumbass does all the work.

>> No.12267341

Sirs, please do the needful and tell me who that girl is

>> No.12267357

Thanks for the tips. Growing on the land was my mother and aunts idea but leasing it to somebody that would do the same (maybe based on property value) sounds like a better idea though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sayumi_0220
Source for your troubles. This is her only good photo though.

>> No.12267388

>>12267087
You need to remember that Jamaica (unfortunately, like every place on Earth run by or largely populated by negroes) has a very shitty and unstable legal system with an absolute shit ton of corruption and uncertainty. And because you're talking about an immovable real asset that is physically located in Jamaica, Jamaican law is going to make a huge difference regardless of the business you set up.

As far as keeping others from claiming an entitlement, you're going to need to incorporate a business in the US or Canada and the corporation needs to actually own the land - NOT you or anyone else. Then you set up control of the corporation by issuance of shares to shareholders and a board of directors assigning decisionmaking capability for day to day operation. If there are five people and you divide it evenly, each has a 20% share and thus the ability to own and control 20%. Your brother (20% owner) who has some golddigger ex or bastard child come after his assets, might be able to snatch that 20% from under him - but not you. The problem becomes when enough shares are owned by people who don't give a shit about the business and just want to cash out, then one of you needs to buy them out or risk them selling to another investor.

>> No.12267451

>>12267309
The correct answer to this us setting up a legal entity in canada, creating a shell subsidiary in Jamaica which owns the farm, apply for production/retail licence in Canada while private for looks and go public 2-3 months later.

There will be no actual profit margin but there's enough speculation capacity left in the weed bubble for you to exit scam some chumps out of their cash.

>> No.12267480

>>12267451
And to answer your earlier question about infighting simply distribute a weighted number of shares to each family member according to who got left how much.

>> No.12268058

>>12267210
Isn't that what amDoge did?
Back in the day people were saying that he was a german trap.