[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 70 KB, 514x508, 1528703127390.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12206203 No.12206203 [Reply] [Original]

please guys im a 19 yr old ex neet of 3 weeks, im in the real world and everything is just setting in, I DONT WANT TO BE A FUCKING WAGEKEK FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE im so stupid, i dont know where to start, or what to do, what should i do to learn about making money and crap any advice for young wagecucks who want to make it? sorry if questions like these arnt allowed on these boards, this is my first time posting on this board (ive posted on wsr before)

>> No.12206215

convert to islam and acquire 3 women

>> No.12206248

Unironically throw all your spare money in moonshots like link, req, chx, and just fucking pray to the neet gods that we make it

>> No.12206282

1 - Knowledge is power, learn and read everything from trading to sales to programming, learn a new language like German, the more you know, the more chances of making money

2 - Be confident - Nothing is impossible, you can set to become a millionaire EOY and make it if you work and think hard enough

3 - Chase opportunities and follow trends, those bring the most money

4 - Follow the people and network - People have the money, people follow trends, people are stupid, just learn to get money out of them

5 - Persistence is key - Opportunities arise out of nowhere and you must be ready for them (have the knowledge and skill and courage to go after it)

Good luck

>> No.12206294

if you're willing to do anything look into IT security / full stack dev. They have the highest possibility of landing you a remote job

>> No.12206299

>>12206282
>1 - Knowledge is power, learn and read everything from trading to sales to programming, learn a new language like German

where? Not eveyone has tens of thousands of dollars to take school courses

>> No.12206305

>>12206203
Learn a skill. Work on yourself and educate yourself. Invest everything you can early and often. The more you save the sooner you can quit.

Realize you're going to have to work for a bit.

>> No.12206313

>>12206299
>where? Not eveyone has tens of thousands of dollars to take school courses
If you are incapable of gaining knowledge with all this free access to it I'm afraid you'll not be able to hold a McDonalds job even

>> No.12206326

>>12206203
Welcome to hell zoomer. Tidepods won't save you.

>> No.12206333

>>12206305
>Realize you're going to have to work for a bit.

fuck that

>> No.12206347

>>12206299
fullstackdev : checkout theodinproject.com (probably will take 6months to finish @ 8hrs per day)

ITSEC: checkout /cyb/+/sec/ threads from /g/

>> No.12206349
File: 7 KB, 260x194, l8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12206313

>> No.12206351

>>12206313
serious question i see the read meme forced by a ton of self help people, how much of that actually translates to success? i think its one of those based and redpilled type things that sounds fine on paper but i dont see how reading a ton of books is gonna make you some fiscal wizard all of a sudden

>> No.12206361

>>12206203
>3 weeks

a real veteran then

>> No.12206383

>>12206351
I'm a developer who's specialized in applications interacting with a Bitcoin node, and I managed to land 10k euro projects because there are not many around who have experience in this. I gained the experience thru trying to start my own mining pool and it has proved to be useful.

Specialized knowledge creates leverage where you can demand the prices you want because they can't find someone else to do it.

>> No.12206409

>>12206383
But that desire for specialized knowledge almost always requires a certification or some sort of piece of paper or person of reference who can back up that you actually know and are able to implement said thing. You cant just walk into an interview and go "yeah i hit the gym like fit said and did a book a day like tai lopez time for my 6 figure job," thats just not how real life works

>> No.12206430

>>12206409
Portofolios and past work / pet projects you did to demonstrate your ability.

>> No.12206447

>>12206282
thanks bro, its pretty vague post but i kinda know what you mean, it does make sense but its a pretty broad statement, for some clarification i come from australia, real estate is fucked here from my knowledge

>> No.12206468

>>12206430
seems like you're taking a specifically computer technology bend to your point, but most careers cant be learned just by "books lol."

Noones gonna become a mechanical or chemical engineer by just speed reading an engineering textbook a day, you need to have that actual piece of paper.

I'm not arguing the merits of that system I'm just saying I feel like this books meme is forced much harder than the actual results it produces.

>> No.12206506

>>12206468
we're not talking about careers though, we're talking about engaging in capitalism directly by freelancing, starting your own business etc.

OP doesn't want to become a wagecuck as they stated.

If you're a mechanic, offering a free repair will demonstrate skill and line you up a new client + referrals thru word of mouth, if you're a salesman well you just sell shit to people.

>> No.12206519

>>12206468
exactly. which is why you avoid studying a cuck field that only caters to the top 20%.

(non-compsi related) engineering is full. don't bother. just take the web-dev pill and build your own portfolio to demonstrate skills. then freelance. then get a comfy job at a big tech company. then start your own side income passive businesses.

everything else is full.

>> No.12206541

>>12206519
dont get why people are trashing on web devs so much. It's no different than what ""software engineers"" do if you're working with single page apps

>> No.12206577

>>12206519
friend im already a chemical engineer and had zero problem getting a job straight out of school, i think most of the people on this board confuse their complete and total inability to interview well or interact normally in a social situation with a full job market.

I do think books are great and I'm all for self education I just don't think they're the golden ticket to a better life, which they're often advertised as to people who are down on their luck.

>> No.12206655

>>12206541
it's just a gay form of elitism from faggots that wasted their youth playing with assembly code instead of fucking brappers like to shitpost about.

it's 'easier' and less rigorous so they look down on it. Electrical engineering fags look down on compsci because of muh rigor. Yet guess which pays more. And off course physics / math fags look down on engineering cuz muh 'babby's calculus yet guess who actually gets a job. and of course academic pure math fags look down on quants with math backgrounds because that type of work is 'shallow' yet those quants make millions a year while they're busy overworked without tenure producing research no one will ever use or see.

the entire world is a gay dick measuring contest, you're much better off being practical and just providing solutions to people's problems.

>>12206577
Yeah and I'm a math / stat fag graduating soon that has no job prospects in my field. Even though I'm intellectually capable there's no place for me. I was studying this entire time to be an actuary (passed one exam so it's not like I'm intellectually incapable of performing an EL job) yet there's no place for me. The number of jobs in some MAJOR cities for actuaries is in the low double fucking digits.

yeah it's my fault, but holy fucking hell did I wish I actually looked at the actual job stats instead of assuming STEM was good enough.

>> No.12206676

>>12206655
I'm sorry to hear that, and I both hope and think you will find a job soon if you're truly math/stats. That's not blowing sunshine up your ass either, statistical analysis is huge for many industries.

>> No.12206713

>>12206203
>Just a bit of friendly datamining lads
>Lads! Just tell me your story lads
>Hey fellow boys?! Haha bit of friendly Aussie bants
Kys yourselves

>> No.12206751

>>12206713
what the fuck does this even mean, i cant understand half of what you guys here are saying (but thanks for all the kind words and help) we all have to start somewhere, getting really confused here though, wonder if i will get anything out of it

>> No.12206778

Just buy link and be rich nigga

>> No.12206780

>>12206676
I have a sub 3 gpa (around the average gpa for my college in my major actually. Good enough to get the degree and from asking around I should be just fine doing the actual job, but not good enough to excel academically to get into that top percentile to actually get the job). I already decided against the actuarial route, I'm going for anything quantitive related. Maybe I'll luck out or get something after a first job, but I'm not holding my breath for it. And even though I majored in a rigorous field and challenged myself I'm not going to get auto-denied for the majority of jobs due to my gpa.

Pursuing web dev though in the meantime, skills like SQL or if I made a data analysis oriented web project kinda overlap so I can keep myself open to both.

I'm actually pretty interested in data engineering but that's a really new type of job that you normally need either a masters in a related field or a background in software engineering to get. I figure I could probably try frontend or fullstack webdev --> (back-end) webdev --> Data engineering (after getting sufficient back-end experience + the relevant certs).

>> No.12206802

Hey OP.

You have no education, so wagecucking is pretty much how you have to start until you develop skills someone wants to pay for.
Usually the most successful people I know worked in an industry and either a) learned it well enough to open their own business or b) they solved a problem and sold the solution to their network. You actually have to work to do this however. Even Consultants and Finance guys starting have to assist senior staff with projects before they're trusted with anything. "Tech" might be an exception because it requires lower overhead to start practicing and building your own projects.
Even then, everyone eventually answers to someone--Clients, employees, government, your doctor, family, whatever it is, someone will always tell you what you should be doing.

>>12206655
How are you not working in some sort of analyst/finance/data management capacity? Hell, I work in wine (full of boomer luddites) and even we are starting to utilize data for marketing.

>> No.12206825

>>12206203
get a chill, easy job that pays the bills. I was a cleaner (janitor) when I was 19-25 going through Uni in Australia and it was comfy as fuck.
>starting at 2am
>no-one else around, no supervision or boss to nag me
>could work as quickly or slowly as I wanted as long as the place was clean in 6 hours
>quietly mopping or sweeping with headphones on
>rocking out to favourite music or laughing at a podcast
>shift ends, sun is rising, cup of coffee before the drive home
>whole rest of the day free after that
Only shit part was I had to go to bed pretty early but it was the perfect job if you dont want to deal with or talk to anyone.

>> No.12206838

>>12206802
Because no one responds when I send out my resume and I've been looking predominantly in-state. Sub 3 gpa + no internships (same scenario for no internships, last job fair I went too I was told to my face they only want interns who have interned in other places wtf). I still have another (winter) semester before graduating though.

I've gotten calls for sales jobs. Which I'll probably have to take if this keeps going on.

>> No.12206865

>>12206838
Sales will help you build the social skills to bullshit your way into jobs. Take it

>> No.12206944

>>12206802
im a chefs apprentice, but thats to small of a goal for me, i want to shoot higher, i will be getting some money so thats no issue but i need to know to move further beyond