[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.71 MB, 1920x1080, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12143364 No.12143364 [Reply] [Original]

Honestly - crypto is so much more uncertain than anything I’ve experienced with stocks and options on Wallstreet.

I’ve noticed posts by anons here who show charts of a correlation towards BTC and the price:volume relation.

They are correlating the massive spikes in volume as buyers and it shows a growth while the price is declining. Isn’t this a bias? Who’s to say the volume isn’t from everyone selling all they have and this can relate to the recent many mining ops closing down.

Either way - I have a feeling those who got in from the start are just slowly easing their coins and cashing out. But it’s a catch 22. They could be lowering the price while cashing out and it’s hitting two birds with one stone as the lower prices allows for massive accumulation at some point in time that they have the means to do with all the fiat they have on the side.

As Benjamin Graham said. Your goal is to be a realist. You buy from pessimists and sell to optimists.

Thoughts?

>> No.12143403

Posting from my phone so it's going to be brief. While I think there is some merit to what you said, ultimately Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency are going to replace fiat and gold as the defacto form of value and exchange.

Like Andreas Antonopoulos so aptly described in "The Internet of Money". Bitcoin is an automobile trying to prove itself in a world built for horses as the default mode of transportation. People are saying "I already have a horse, why would I need a car? And besides, cars need gasoline and there is only one gas station! This is nothing more than an interesting toy!" Or similarly with the Internet in the early days, built on top of telephone lines with a specific use case. The internet originally ran on a road it was not built for.

The same is happening now with Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. Many people don't understand it yet, or are afraid of it, or just see it as an interesting toy. But the cat is out of the bag and in the same way Cars were superior to horses, the internet superior to telephone and electric lighting superior to gas. Cryptocurrency is superior to fiat and it is absolutely 100% inevitable that it will replace it.

>> No.12143424
File: 48 KB, 613x531, 1529889121825.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12143403
>high fees
>can't scale
>overly complex

dude btc is the future

>> No.12143432
File: 152 KB, 567x567, 1511809058863.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12143424
>fell for asicboost scamer memes

>> No.12143434
File: 581 KB, 922x680, 1127eebd4a88b2f66707c04af225e467.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12143364
>I have a feeling those who got in from the start are just slowly easing their coins and cashing out

Dude... what? Do you seriously think this? If you do, save your money and get out of investment now, it's not for you.

Everyone who invested early either cashed out most or all of their portfolios already, or they've already gotten JUSTed. In the best case scenario, the Ponzi scheme is entering its final shakeout phase before going dormant for another few years so there's a new pool of dumb money to scam down the road. I think the likeliest scenario though is that everything on the market now is finished. Nothing has succeeded in scaling, there has been no major progress with any coin despite hundreds of billions of dollars flooding into developers' coffers. There'll be other cryptos in the future, but literally everything on the market right now is a shitcoin, and I see no credible signs that anything on the market is going to suddenly be worth something real. It's just that people are waking up to it now that the euphoria of the bull run has subsided...

>> No.12143441

>>12143434
If only there was a coin that could connect real world data to ethereum smart contracts

>> No.12143458

>>12143364

OP you're over complicating it. Think in terms of Occam's Razor. Someone has to be on the buying end of all these BTC that are being sold. There are 1 of 3 situations happening:

1. Idiots are putting in their life's savings to "buy the dip" of a massive ponzi called crypto and will be left with bags for the rest of their life as it turns out BTC really was a tulip or beanie babies after all and BTC will never go above $1000 ever again.
2. Smart money is the one buying all this BTC at the really cheap prices...in other words, they are selling TO THEMSELVES using bots to lower price and scare out normies, and the next step will be to "fluff" btc up to a really high price like $50k using bots to get more money out of thin air using Tether and other fake internet moneys then trading Tether - BTC - USD.

Which is it?

>> No.12143484

>>12143403
I agree that bitcoin is better money than anything that has ever existed, but what I'm really most concerned about is... will this adoption actually happen within our lifetime?

How long did it take for gold to become money? For fiat?

With all the banks and governments resisting or even fighting this, and holding on to their fiat printing capability... how long will it take?

It is of zero interest to me if it'll happen after my lifespan.

>> No.12143500

>>12143364
the same uncertainty was around in 2016 and it is just a healthy dose of pessimism. crypto will eventually come back stronger and more euphoric as ever, we just waiting for the catalyst.

>> No.12143511

>>12143484
Credit cards took about 40 years to reach acceptance and mainstream adoption. When they were introduced the reaction of most people was "Hell no, give me cash or coins! Something with REAL value." Bitcoin is likely going to reach mainstream acceptance faster than credit cards did because most the infrastructure is already there (The Internet). I think it will take Bitcoin another 15 to 20 years to reach parity with Credit card acceptance. It's possible it will only take another 10 years from this moment now. But I like to be a little more on the realist leaning towards pessimist side of things.

>> No.12143521

>>12143458
>BTC and the price:volume relation.
>They are correlating the massive spikes in volume as buyers and it shows a growth while the price is declining. Isn’t this a bias? Who’s to say the volume isn’t from everyone selling all they have and this can relate to the recent many mining ops closing down.
>Either way - I have a feeling those who got in from the start are just slowly easing their coins and cashing out. But it’s a catch 22. They could be lowering the price while cashing out and it’s hitting two birds with one stone as the lower prices allows for massive accumulation at some point in time that they have the means to do with all the fiat they have on the side.
>As Benjamin Graham said. Your goal is to be a realist. You buy from pessimists and sell to optimists.
1 of 3 situations
lists 2
fucking good job champ

>> No.12143528

In most cases they are measuring the volume in the affected cryptocurrency, which makes it look like volume is increasing when in fact it is decreasing.

>> No.12143531
File: 72 KB, 641x361, aa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12143511
>40 years
>for something made BY BANKS
>while this has banks and governments FIGHTING against it

Man, I'm now thinking even pic related is optimistic....

>> No.12143549

>>12143511
So credit cards were invented in the 40s?

>> No.12143551

>>12143531
Brutal.

But yeah, reality, that underrated thing: there are retirees who bought crypto as well and have lost huge amounts of their retirement money. The people who told their parents and grandparents to buy crypto during the bubble... wew lad, glad that wasn't me...

>> No.12143552

>>12143521
Nigga I about to go to sleep. If you're going to disregard my entire post because of that typo, it's you who are the brainlet, not me.

>> No.12143565

>>12143531
Telephone companies originally fought against the internet too. If they detected the signature of a modem there was a click and then a disconnect. Because the internet was seen as competition. Eventually they accepted and adopted, and telephone companies became the ISP's we know and detest today.

I don't know about horse farmers, but I'll bet the ones who failed to accept the automobile as superior went bust.

Banks are not all powerful. Which will adapt? And which will fight tooth and nail till they too join the horse farmers?

It's going to be an interest decade.

>> No.12143642

>>12143552
sleep is for those who are broke
go to sleep lil nig