[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 404 KB, 636x498, 1535140469013.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11387226 No.11387226 [Reply] [Original]

So I'm self-employed and last year I finally hit over 100k (profit not revenue).

I know that's not much in the grand scheme of things, but I'm frankly just stupefied at the money that's coming into my account.

I was grinding it out for like 25-30k a year annually before I got here. What happened was I switched from looking for freelance work on job boards and positioned myself as a digital agency that manages entire sales funnels for clients. I started doing PPC ads for the first time ever.

When I switched to this model, everything changed just about overnight. Client acquisition got easier. I started working direct with clients as opposed to agencies and larger freelancers who give you a fraction of what they're billing out to their clients. I began offering "results" and "complete campaign management" instead of just saying "I can build you a website/app/ebook, etc."

Not only am I finding clients who are willing to pay more, I'm wasting much less time on marketing because instead of actively contacting people, I just run ads that bring them to me.

2018 has been, in short, a breakthrough for my business.

The thing is, I'm not even making a huge amount compared to what a lot of people make. But I'm still having a hard time even processing the cash that's coming in. What the hell do I even do with 10k a month, after expenses? Based on my modest ambitions (never wanted a lambo, big house, multi-times a year vacations, etc) it pretty much feels like unlimited money. Like I could never really spend it all.

Has anybody else ever had this feeling when breaking into 6 figure income? Like a feeling of just having all the money you could need and not knowing what to do with it?

It's just weird because when I was younger I always used fantasize about making millions, and think that that was making it. Here I am making a little over 100k and it feels like I have all the money in the world. Like I've "made it"

>> No.11387301

>>11387226
I hope to know this feel one day fren
Good luck and congrats

>> No.11387304

Generally if you are making good money, then you are the one that should be giving us advice!

That said max your 401k, max your ira, then put the rest in a brokerage index funds. Use the bogelhead retirement 3 or 4 fund method.

>> No.11387474

>>11387226
Save most of it until crypto and stocks crash then aggresively buy the dip on both.

Also, take me under your wing i want to do the same

>> No.11387609

>>11387474
+1

>> No.11387620

>>11387226
congrats anon

>> No.11387648

>> I just had breakthrough in 2018 as well
>> not too many friends left to share value of accomplishments with
>>I look forward to hanging out with great people I’ve spent time with in the past

>> No.11387671

>>11387226
What a nice man

>> No.11387678

>>11387304
>Generally if you are making good money, then you are the one that should be giving us advice!
kek

>> No.11387685

>>11387226
Could you describe your business more? Is it a solo thing?

>> No.11387688

>>11387226
>when I was younger I always used fantasize about making millions
When you are younger you have these wild ambitions about traveling all year, fucking supermodels, having sports car, doing drugs, partying etc
When you grow up you realize having a comfy home, a good woman, a couple of good friends, security and no stress is more than enough.

>> No.11387830

Anon! Help! How do I grow the balls to quit my job?

I work sales and make $75k-$100k/year. It sounds like your previous job could be easily translated into something you can make into a business, but I don't think "sales" can be translated into a business. What do you think OP? I wanna work 12 hours a day, but not as a wagecuck