[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 197 KB, 1024x1024, CR75YlsWIAAZxso.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11248245 No.11248245 [Reply] [Original]

Cant stop thinking about my positions, all day every day and then i think myself out of a position so i sell, then i wake up the next day and regret it and rebuy again, over and over again. day in day out. my head is in a state right now, i cant stop thinking about my positions. this is so stupid

>> No.11248333

>>11248245
I unironically have this problem. I have been diagnosed and saw a therapist for a little bit until I realized that therapy is really just getting you to solve your own problems which I believe I am making solid progress on.
>used to never trade a stock with a price between $3-4
>used to actually believe that 3 was a bad number and that I would die if I had a position like that
>used to buy stock in orders or 4 to 9 stocks. Again same reasoning as above.
>used to buy into option contracts and feel some sense of doom not relating to the option price. I would close the position immediately usually resulting in losing money

>Couldn't trade from 9:30 to 10 am because it was too close to opening bell
>Couldn't look at stocks from 3:50 to 4 because too close to closing bell.
It helps in a small way though because it has made me incredibly analytical, and I actually make O.K money doing this.

Anyways the only way you're going to fix this is to fix the OCD. Best way to do this is cognitive behavioral therapy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeynBEFcRd4

Also if you can distance yourself away from the fact that this guy is a meme comedian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb0u7XSLT8o

>> No.11248348

>>11248245
you shouldn't trade then. learn to invest and start lifting weights to get your mind off the markets

>> No.11248403

OP, I can help you - I've been there and tried to kill myself because it got so bad. I can help you, got an email address or discord you want to use?

>> No.11248937

>>11248245
It's called gambling addiction. Get help. Unironically.

>> No.11248968

I have OCD and for whatever reason the markets don't stress me out at all. I'm much more concerned about my apartment burning down or losing my keys or cavities or forgetting to put the gas cap back on my car after i fill the tank.

>> No.11248970

>>11248245

This is called gambling, and you are addicted. Seek help, I am not kidding. I lost pretty much all my money (50k+) before I got to meet reality. You should top now. Hold your investments and just let them sit. The absolute worst thing you can do is pretend that you are trading when in fact you are gambling. And if you do not believe, go take a gambling addiction test online.