[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 11 KB, 300x364, 1441826633946.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
1118799 No.1118799 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Hey /biz/, sorry for being the umpteenth person to ask for tax advice but I've gotten little to no help from everyone else.

I had to move back in with my mother about three years ago and have filed my taxes independently (per usual)every year since, but somehow my mom figured out this year that she can claim me as a dependent and if she does so her return goes up from 300 to just over 2k. Unfortunately, I had already filed my own and did not register as being dependent on her. I assumed that since I'm over 19 and not a full time student she couldnt claim me.

Long story short she mailed in a bunch of info saying that we messed up and she would like to file with me as dependent so there's a net gain of more money coming into the household. My return has already come in, though, as I set it for direct deposit. My mom hasn't heard anything from the tax people yet.

What are the odds they let us correct the filings? Should I reach out to them and let them know what's going on/offer to return the money they gave me? My mom could really use the money. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.