[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 67 KB, 735x550, EED88832-0D40-403B-8C8C-0C4DF8872A84.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11086067 No.11086067 [Reply] [Original]

Be me:
>did ok in crypto, 5 fig savings
>college degree
>make decent income trading
>23 y/o NEET, live at home
My parents are boomers and aant to hangout and bond all the time. They have no friends
I literally dont want to do anything and they are unbearable.
I lived on my own at uni for four years and want to leave the country and start my life, but feel guilty basically leaving them to die there
How do I escape the «boomer grip» paradigm anons?
I NEED FREEDOM

>> No.11086096

reading this is scary af because its literally like I've wrote this myself.

I think the only option for us is to end it desu

>> No.11086110

>>11086096
why and how did "t.b.h" change to "desu" wtf

>> No.11086125

>>11086067
Well, just think about this way: Why dont you have friends? Why are you a neet? Do you think its a coincidence that both your and your parents are without friends?
They have dysfunctional behaviour, most likely they are "backstabbing my friends" type people, those are those who dont have any friends at all.

Just think about the reasons why you dont have any friends, analyse your behavioural patterns and then compare them to how your parents act. I only managed to gain insight in this after taking LSD, i mean, you kinda know, everyone knows the reasons behind their own and their families disfunctionality. BUT
1; its hard to accept that others than yourself have an influence on your behaviour - truth is, your behaviour is completely dictated by your behavioural patterns your parents tought you, until you accept this fact.
2; Its hard to accept your parents being the same failures as you are and vice versa.

You know the reasons and answers, your just have to acknowledge the dysfunctional behaviour patterns your family is suffering from.

>protip: Dont talk about this to your parents, its likely too late for them to change

>> No.11086128

>>11086096
Like we have no way out haha
Glad you understand
It sounds shitty but if my parents died i could finally start my life

>> No.11086135

>>11086067
just tell them and they will understand. thats only natural and they did the same to their parents basically. just keep visiting them often enough so they get rid of the fear of losing contact with you.

>> No.11086153

do you have any other family that can hang with your parents?
if you want to go live in another country go do it but there are many trade offs like the one you posted
don't blame your parents lol

my parents are pretty lame but when I hang with them I do what I want to do like getting good tickets to a sporting event or hiking or going out on a boat or something

>> No.11086173

>>11086128
You know what though? If you don't break the cycle and start your life right now (and get married + get kids by some miracle) your kids will go through the exact same and your whole bloodline will end up being losers through generations until one gets his shit together and starts living a life worth living.

If you do today what you did yesterday, tomorrow will be the exact same as today. Forever.

>> No.11086175
File: 101 KB, 974x522, E9D4346C-78B7-4C39-B48F-BC0CAA1F737B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11086125
Sounds like your projecting, it isn’t that deep. I can make friends fine and im very comfortable with myself
I just cant be FREE, like bringing girls back to fuck or getting drunk in the middle of the day or just not talking to them for days on end because theyre normans and they dont get it
I just want to start my own life and literally leave the country for months if not years, not talking to them at all
But i have a conscience and its hard as fuck

>> No.11086186

>>11086175

Are you supporting your parents in some tangible way or gracing them with your presence?

>> No.11086189
File: 95 KB, 947x1024, F6375908-AE4B-4758-B78B-411810A82ECB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11086173
Youre right, im actually going to europe on Wednesday for 6 weeks to just live and shit, but they expect me to facetime and send photos and visit my grandparents before i leave and all that shit
I just want to start a new life man and forget this identity i have as «son»
Like theyre good parents and raised me well i just am tired of the norman bullshit
>hopefully this isnt too autistic and someone gets it

>> No.11086201

>>11086186
Not supporting them at all, they make 6 figs. Im completely on my own when it comes to money tho they cook and mom does laundry and shit. My brother just left for college and im literally all they have, so im simply gracing them with my presence. But its unbearable i cant live like this, even maintaining normal human decency and acknowledging them by saying good morning when i see them outside my room is annoying as fuck

>> No.11086204

>>11086175
That's not a conscience it's a oedipal cowardice. Boomers have this nasty habit of indenturing the next generation to slavery. Just go live your life.

>> No.11086216

>>11086125
And anon your point one hits home, i will mirror my parents behavior whether i like it or not. Ive done lsd and shrooms over ten times and realize i just have to live my life, i literally just want to cut off all contact but cant because of their reaction

>> No.11086244

>>11086204
Thanks anon. I guess the answer is right in front of me. I have to live for myself and stop being a fucking bitch, just live my life and do what i need to do
Even if that means not talking to thm for months