[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 175 KB, 1240x1100, BF5FBC3E-7355-4C4D-AED0-798E7B843BDC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10930221 No.10930221 [Reply] [Original]

Looking for Chad tier bed sheets. Looking for something that’s sort of cooling. Is thread count a meme? I almost like a slightly stiffer sheet compared to the super soft stuff. What about slut silk?

>> No.10930277

>>10930221
gel memory foam mattress + jersey sheets = absolutely fucking heaven. Sleeps a little hot than a typical mattress but adapts to your every contour for a total sleep-on-a-cloud experience.

Personally really enjoy the mattress from addable, they sell basically the same foam mattress as every other normie-bait online mattress co, but at half the price because they don't bother trying to hype it as anything more than it is: A few slabs of foam on top of each other that feel nice to sleep on. Very transparent about what you're paying for, materials, stitching, profit cut, etc.

>> No.10930330

>>10930277
I have a foam memory with gel top mattress. Just ordered a 3 inch gel foam pad and 4 inch goose down topper. I’m in about $400 on my sleep system upgrade currently. Need to order my sheets.

>> No.10930718
File: 65 KB, 640x534, 1522432237107.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10930221
Hey OP, I used to work at adairs an Aussie bed linen company. Here's my 2cents.

>low thread count = lighter sheets, breathable but are crap long term. (200-400 thread count)
>medium thread count =run of the mill better than the 400 and below cool and a bit heavier. Usually not much of a difference unless you're comparing out of the box between low and high.(500-800l
>high thread count, 1000 plus and usually have other fabrics mixed in. Saturn, polyester etc these are the bad boys you want as they are the most comfortable and heavy. Keeps you warm and happy.

Side note depending on the size of your bed, 96% of the time 1 corner will always elastic off and it's a massive pain to put it on.

My advice is to go 1 sheet size up, if you're on a queen get super queen sheets and same with king size bed with super king sheets. Now beds get even bigger than this however those will be special made to order beds/sheets.

Linen is also an option if you like your shirts like that and don't mind sleeping on them. From personal experience these types of sheets don't crease but just irritate the skin like no tomorrow.

Now it's not good enough to have set of sheets, you need atleast 2-3 just for your general hygiene. Wash at the end of each week, this goes for your pillow covers as they need the most care since your head is resting on them.

You've got a lot of options for your Cover sets as well but usually when you buy a sheet set you get the bed sheet (hugs your bed and wraps around) flat sheet, the one most people don't use. 2 pillow cases (1 if it's a single bed). European pillows are a scam and are sold individually separately.

I think that answers most of your questions but I'll answer any others I left out.

>> No.10930865

Idk or care much about bedding but I got these bamboo sheets from the Company Store that are really nice, will probably keep buying them

>> No.10930869

>>10930718
Thoughts on bamboo sheets?

>> No.10930918

Ausfag here, just ordered a few sets of sheets from Kogan along with some king size pillows and memory foam ones too.

>> No.10930957

LL Bean Pima Percale (280 ct are good)...you're welcome in advance

>> No.10930987

High thread count sheets are fragile I don't know why that boomer thinks they're durable. Get a reputable brand in the lowest thread count they have.
More threads=dainty
Less threads=durable

High threads do feel softer however

>> No.10931348

high thread count is very comfy

>> No.10931361

>>10930869
I'm wearing bamboo underwear right now and it's amazing